PDA

View Full Version : ZXR 250 Toolkit - (Or lack thereof)

SN4PD
7th October 2005, 13:27
Well after last night’s episode of "tool time" at the Albany Speights House :Oops: I better get my tool kit sorted. (Sprocket, chain & tyre are being fixed today).

What should I have / carry in my toolkit, I believe I need a 22 MM spanner for chain adjustments. What other things / sizes should I have in there?

Also where's the best / cheapest place to get one of those rear wheel stands, (used one at frosty's place).

Cheers

nz_liam

zeRax
13th October 2005, 16:36
id just get a small metric socket set
and chuck in couple of hex bits or whatever that you need

might also pay to get a tyre puncture repair kit-, they are quite compact
also gonna hide a small can of wd40 in mine aswell and couple of rubbish bags if i ever get caught out :O

SARGE
13th October 2005, 16:53
Also where's the best / cheapest place to get one of those rear wheel stands,

i have the Ventura units at around $150 or so... come see me.. i'll get you a deal

SN4PD
13th October 2005, 17:55
i have the Ventura units at around $150 or so... come see me.. i'll get you a deal

Sorry mate, already got a deal on a Champion stand from Frosty :niceone:

Duct taped it to the pack & rode it home :eek5:

Gremlin
13th October 2005, 17:59
Sorry mate, already got a deal on a Champion stand from Frosty :niceone:

Duct taped it to the pack & rode it home :eek5:
hahahaha now there's a real biker.

I've put a front mudguard sorta part in my backpack and ended up tying the top on with ripped up plastic packets. Ask aff-man about apparently taking some huge bit of metal on his bike, something like a metre long and he stuck it straight outa his backpack.

Currently trying to figure out how I'm gonna take home my bike boots box from AMPS on Saturday. The box is huuge. Might take some rope and tie it to the pillion seat.

Good on ya :niceone:

Ixion
13th October 2005, 18:04
hahahaha now there's a real biker.

I've put a front mudguard sorta part in my backpack and ended up tying the top on with ripped up plastic packets. Ask aff-man about apparently taking some huge bit of metal on his bike, something like a metre long and he stuck it straight outa his backpack.

Currently trying to figure out how I'm gonna take home my bike boots box from AMPS on Saturday. The box is huuge. Might take some rope and tie it to the pillion seat.

Good on ya :niceone:

Sit it on the pillion rests then bungy it to the bike, often works well for large but thinnish stuff. (Just remember to allow for swingarm m ovement) Pillion works best for shorter squarer stuff.

Phenoix
13th October 2005, 20:53
You might just have to take the cage.
Or failing that, I can give u a lift in mine.
Being stuck on crutches, I'll do nearly anything to get out of the house to see bikes/gear

Gremlin
13th October 2005, 21:00
Who?? Me?

What's a cage?? Oh, I remember, I have driven them twice.

SN4PD
13th October 2005, 21:13
Being stuck on crutches, I'll do nearly anything to get out of the house to see bikes/gear

Cage..... I keep braking them, no the camry's still not fixed....

SARGE
13th October 2005, 21:40
Ask aff-man about apparently taking some huge bit of metal on his bike, something like a metre long and he stuck it straight outa his backpack.

i bungeed my surfboard to the side of the FJ once and went to Piha for the day..

never do that shit again

Dadpole
13th October 2005, 21:48
Had the whole front end of a GT750 tied to my body once for a 45km trip. Had to sit on the bike while a mate lashed it on. Would have looked good if I had binned it.
Even I would not be mad enough to try a surfboard.