PDA

View Full Version : NEW HONDA FAN

GerryAttrick
4th February 2004, 15:01
S'pose I should say Hi.

I have an 87 CBX750F Bol D'or and also a 98 VFR800 and MT125 (up for sale). Rode a Honda 50 Sport years ago and finally made the move back to bikes about 12 months ago. Did my first Track Time late last year and had a ball. Now I need to get a cheap track bike hence the MT125 being up for sale (on-runner).

As you can see I like Hondas :rockon:

merv
4th February 2004, 18:18
S'pose I should say Hi.

Yeah way to go. Good to hear from you and welcome.

Hitcher
4th February 2004, 18:37
As you can see I like Hondas

Don't worry mate, you'll find it's just a phase...

And welcome to the Pleasuredome...

modalx
4th February 2004, 19:01

Lots of company here then :-)

PeteThePom
8th February 2004, 21:55
Don't worry mate, you'll find it's just a phase...

And welcome to the Pleasuredome...
Hitcher, when are these people gonna realise that motorcycle is spelt
K-A-W-A-S-A-K-I ??? HUH?:msn-wink:

Kwaka-Kid
8th February 2004, 22:03
Rule Number One: HATE HONDA! got a plaque of that somewhere but took it down and changed to Hate Harley.. untill this weekend with my crappy honda reg/rec electric problems.

Vagabond
8th February 2004, 22:06
Cumansuckme :not:

PeteThePom
8th February 2004, 22:51
Cumansuckme :not:
The only thing thats gonna suck you pal is the greasy lil salesman who persuaded you to buy a Honda!:finger:

Andrew
8th February 2004, 23:31
Born again biker eh?

Vagabond
9th February 2004, 07:57
The only thing thats gonna suck you pal is the greasy lil salesman who persuaded you to buy a Honda!:finger:
U talking from experience as I see youv'e owned a few HONDA's in the past ! :spudwave:

PeteThePom
9th February 2004, 22:17
U talking from experience as I see youv'e owned a few HONDA's in the past ! :spudwave:
BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!
That was before I realised the error of my ways and got a proper bike, besides the salesgirl was blonde with bigtits :lol:

PeteThePom
9th February 2004, 22:44
I'll quantify my dislike of Honda's

Yes they are superbly engineered(with a few noteable exceptions)
They have built some bloody good bikes such as the Fireblade and the VFR which I think is still the best all rounder there is and I do speak from experience theres just one problem with them........

THEY AINT GOT NO SOUL!:disapint:

boris
10th February 2004, 08:56
I've had three Hondas and got good runs out of all of them.Three Suzuki one the 2nd was the biggest pile of grap made me buy the Honda.Now I have another Suzuki,Honda didn't make a bike I liked.As for Kawasaki I wouldn't know ,only had one, a KDX 250,

PeteThePom
10th February 2004, 18:59
I've had three Hondas and got good runs out of all of them.Three Suzuki one the 2nd was the biggest pile of grap made me buy the Honda.Now I have another Suzuki,Honda didn't make a bike I liked.As for Kawasaki I wouldn't know ,only had one, a KDX 250,
What a coincidence, I had 2 Suzuki's as well and they were both PANTS!:argh:

merv
10th February 2004, 21:10

Are they still making bikes or are they just green Suzukis? I guess the trains, boats and planes are still worth buying though.

merv
10th February 2004, 21:19
I'll quantify my dislike of Honda's

Yes they are superbly engineered(with a few noteable exceptions)
They have built some bloody good bikes such as the Fireblade and the VFR which I think is still the best all rounder there is and I do speak from experience theres just one problem with them........

THEY AINT GOT NO SOUL!:disapint:

This soul shit makes you start sounding like a Harley dude or something. Honda riders always see this comment as one that is supposed to make up for shortcomings e.g. how many times do you read a writeup in a mag or somewhere and they say things like damn it was uncomfortable, or hell it vibrated badly, or the EFI wasn't great, (but it aint a Honda) so it must have soul.

Soul don't get you home without a sore arse or wrists and soul don't keep you from having to buy spare parts etc etc. Me, I prefer superb engineering which is the reason I want to get rid of my Suzuki dirt bike - compared to a Honda it is a parts bin special - the soul of the workshop box huh - but it makes you curse it every time you service it and every time you ride it. Yeah I know its not a Kawasaki but if the Suzuki is another excuse for soul its definitely not my thing.

merv
10th February 2004, 21:23
p.s. (yeah just getting my posts up) the soul of Hondas is all having a bit of the soul of Soichiro Honda in them - an expectation of engineering perfection that the old man engendered.

Kwaka-Kid
10th February 2004, 21:39
definatly agree merv! despite owning, commuting, and racing on hondas thought.. its just tradition to knock' em in my family so hey theres my excuse.. ill never hear the end of having to get dad to pick me up from up near Kerkeri this weekend as my reg/rec fried my battery and everything.. mates still singing "Fix Me Honda, Fix Fix Me Honda" in a annoying little tune :( bloody PutMan and his GSXR250, all i can say is if we had of raced back you would still be changing down gears waiting for some power by the time i had finished fixing it (if i had a spare battery etc) :D

SPman
10th February 2004, 23:15
BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!
That was before I realised the error of my ways and got a proper bike, besides the salesgirl was blonde with bigtits :lol:Bloody salesgirls ......keep getting harder to resist all the time!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1012&stc=1

merv
11th February 2004, 07:34
KK unfortunately the reg/rec thing is a motorcycle problem through and through I presume in the the name of lightness (and probably cheapness), but few bikes have a proper alternator like you get on a car (Yamaha Diversions excepted maybe) so they have fixed magnet rotors and they need to dump excess heat all the time when they are over generating - ultimately leads to frying something and its an affliction that seems to be experienced by all makes. Suzukis were renowned for this particularly and Hondas aren't immune as you have found out. Suffered the same fate on my VFR a few years ago, replaced the reg (the new one is probably better anyway) but fitted a computer fan to it bought from Dick Smiths as recommended on another forum I was reading to ensure it stayed cooler.

MikeL
11th February 2004, 07:50
Interesting that the only 2 problems I have had with my Honda were electrical (an intermittent wiring connection and a burnt-out alternator). I know that the reg/rec is a weak point and expect to have to replace that sooner rather than later. I would have to say though that in all other respects I think Honda engineering is first-rate. On the other hand in terms of value for money I've been more than pleased with the 2 Suzukis I've had. No experience of Kawasakis other than a couple of brief test rides. Likewise Yamaha but did feel when comparing the XJR1300 with the Suzuki that the Yammy did have slightly better build quality - but not enough to warrant the difference in price.
Horses for courses...

PeteThePom
11th February 2004, 08:57
p.s. (yeah just getting my posts up) the soul of Hondas is all having a bit of the soul of Soichiro Honda in them - an expectation of engineering perfection that the old man engendered.
Oh yeah, I forgot BLAND!

Hitcher
11th February 2004, 09:45
Are they still making bikes or are they just green Suzukis? I guess the trains, boats and planes are still worth buying though.

Cheap shot, Merv!

merv
11th February 2004, 18:49
Oh yeah, I forgot BLAND!

What, bland like an RC211V - yeah damn it they were just so common on the track last year with their riders filling the podium too often.

vfr dan
4th April 2005, 11:53
welcome janal, im only new too, but im really finding this easy. Very cool.

Have owned 3 vfr400 nc30s, Hondas are the way to go!

magnum
6th April 2005, 16:52
hi and welcome,hondas ehh?mmmmmmmmm :ride:

vifferman
6th April 2005, 16:57
D'oh!! :doh:

I missed this thread the first time around! Mr "janal" lives near me, and let me tell you, his Arrow-equipped VFR does too have soul! (It's probably my fault he bought it - I told him he should when he was considering the purchase...)

By the way - he also now (since he posted here) has a Suzuki as well: a Street Magic. :yes: