PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Cert - ChCh

Tizzbang
20th April 2017, 13:17
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me who does motorcycle certification in Christchurch.
So far I haven't been able to find anyone and the ones I know who do cars don't do bikes..

I've got an '88 Suzuki Savage, no structural mods but have put a bigger brake on the front
and a supercharger.

Cheers.

onearmedbandit
20th April 2017, 15:08
You could try Wayne Martin at Delray Automotive, 81 Kingsley St. I'd suggest calling in to see him, he no longer does certs but was and was instrumental in writing a lot of the rules governing it. While he no longer does certs he will know who you can talk to.

AllanB
20th April 2017, 18:37
Surprised (or not) the car cert chaps can't send you in the right direction.

Give Street & Sport a call - they have been modifying bikes that should in theory need a cert and should be able to help.

And post some pictures of this beast please.

jellywrestler
20th April 2017, 20:48
I've got an '88 Suzuki Savage,
Cheers.

you spelt Sewage wrong....

Tizzbang
21st April 2017, 10:16
you spelt Sewage wrong....

not helpful

Tizzbang
21st April 2017, 10:31
http://s4.postimg.org/ii0pm3rx9/sbob.jpg

AllanB
21st April 2017, 19:17
Shit that looks cool. Hows it go with the blower?

Tizzbang
21st April 2017, 23:17
goes alright, being a single makes things a little difficult and it's no race bike but with the blower it moves pretty good between traffic lights. I've got a R1 brake on the front for stoppage and it's very light bike. I need to find someone with a bike dyno so i can see what it's doing.

Won't be anything spectacular, these only make some 30hp stock so I'd be guessing with blower maybe 45hp. Just a bit of fun really