PDA

View Full Version : 40 Seasons in 1 day..................

Blackadda
8th October 2005, 15:16
Don't ya just lurv this Jafaville weather. Rain, Hail, Wind & Sun all in the space of an hour, then it starts all over again.

Hope anyone riding today did so without incident. Not a pleasent day for a ride.:eek5:

Sniper
8th October 2005, 15:17
Its fine in the middle of CHCH now if you want to know.......... :bleh:

yungatart
8th October 2005, 15:22
Why is the weather so crap in AKL? (because JAFAS deserve it!)

Scorpygirl
8th October 2005, 15:23
Don't ya just lurv this Jafaville weather. Rain, Hail, Wind & Sun all in the space of an hour, then it starts all over again.

Not to mention the thunder and lightening mixed into that lot as well. Just for extra good measure. :argh:

Zed
8th October 2005, 15:32
Why is the weather so crap in AKL? (because JAFAS deserve it!)You suck yungatart! :mellow:

Adda, it has been painful looking outside today at blue skiies and sun coming through, then 20mins later it is pelting down! The winds have been high all day, but she is blowing a gale out there in places no doubt. :cold:

I am yearning to get out and ride too! :brick:

britneys underpants
8th October 2005, 15:33

Hope anyone riding today did so without incident. Not a pleasent day for a ride.:eek5:
I just got in myself, at least the wind drys the road out before the next "weather bomb" comes through.

Have you tried the harbour bridge today????

Blackadda
8th October 2005, 15:35
I just got in myself, at least the wind drys the road out before the next "weather bomb" comes through.

R U MAD! I nearly got blown over in my garage, yet alone going outside :crybaby:

britneys underpants
8th October 2005, 15:40
The Quantas bldg in the CBD "lost" one of its 11th storey windows this morning and ended up smashing through the 4th floor atrium. Lots of big mess nobody hurt though.

SPman
8th October 2005, 15:44
The power surges are a bit tricky - I've run out of plugs - may have to buy a surge buster board, if this keeps up!

yungatart
8th October 2005, 16:00
You suck yungatart! :mellow:
That all depends, don't it?

Zed
8th October 2005, 16:14
That all depends, don't it?Only if you take it out of context! :spudwave:

Magua
8th October 2005, 16:16
People complain too much about the weather, it's been rather good this year.

yungatart
8th October 2005, 16:19
Only if you take it out of context! :spudwave:
Now now - you're the one talking about taking it out!

Avignon
8th October 2005, 16:27
Heard on the News that a motorcyclist took a spill on the Harbour bridge about lunchtime. Home they were ok. :doctor: 120km gusts.

And remember people, be carefull out there! :Police:

Bonez
8th October 2005, 16:29
People complain too much about the weather, it's been rather good this year.Has at that. Pity those that don't want to own cages :dodge:

yungatart
8th October 2005, 16:38
Why is the weather so crap in AKL? (because JAFAS deserve it!)
It would seem there are some sensitive JAFAs out there. Thanks for the red bling-provides a nice contrast to all the green!

Blackadda
8th October 2005, 16:50
It would seem there are some sensitive JAFAs out there. Thanks for the red bling-provides a nice contrast to all the green!

Your OK Yung Tart, I'm a born n bred counties boy, just so happens jafaville stretches far enough south to overtake anything north of the Bombay hills.

Those Citijafas are the sensitive ones. :crybaby:

Look now its sunny @ 120km/hr.....woops now its raining... no sorry sunny...............raining...............hail.... ...............sunny...............

rrrrrrrrrrrr fugit!

crashe
8th October 2005, 17:20
Heard on the News that a motorcyclist took a spill on the Harbour bridge about lunchtime. Home they were ok. :doctor: 120km gusts.

And remember people, be carefull out there! :Police:

I drove the car over the bridge, wasnt too bad....
I saw a silver scooter heading to the city on the bridge... brave buggar.

Then on the way back I just about ended up in the next lane.
Wind gusts were real strong.
I saw a bike going to the shore... another brave buggar.

Ixion
9th October 2005, 01:15
Rain falls. Wind blows. It happens. Always has. Toughen up.

Badcat
9th October 2005, 06:53
we lost our power at 1.30 pm - and finally got it back just after 10pm last night.
was kinda fun actually - heating little scarlett's (2 months old) bottle in water heated on the BBQ and playing scrabble by candlelight listening to the transistor radio! Sampson (19 months) got a little upset when he woke up in the complete dark - he usually has a little nightlight.
happy to have the "mod cons" back though, the novelty would have worn off today i'd say...

oh, and the weather, all the ad agencies and successful people despised by jealous whiners aren't so bad!
k

pritch
9th October 2005, 09:02

That woulda been too exciting. I rode south from Auckland yesterday and it were interesting to say the least. Particularly the part where you move over to the left prior to a right hand bend. On one occasion I got a big gust in my right ear which actually took me off the seal so from then on I used a modified line.

The wind wasn't too bad, and the wet roads weren't *that* bad either but I didn't like both together too much.

After a series of little slides I'm losing faith in the wet weather performance of the Bridgstone 020s. Coulda been worse though, coulda been big slides...

mini_me
9th October 2005, 10:24
It monthly bike servicing day for me yesterday, only to discover that I had bought the wrong plugs for my bike and I had to put it all back together again (changing the plugs on a v4 requires quite excessive stripping of bodywork) and take a breif jaunt down the norwestern was bloody interesting as i was coming back on royal road I heard an explosion that _definately_ wasnt thunder - sounded more like ground strike but the chances of that over here are pretty small. Anyone else know anything about it?
mini_me

N4CR
9th October 2005, 10:39
That woulda been too exciting. I rode south from Auckland yesterday and it were interesting to say the least. Particularly the part where you move over to the left prior to a right hand bend. On one occasion I got a big gust in my right ear which actually took me off the seal so from then on I used a modified line.

The wind wasn't too bad, and the wet roads weren't *that* bad either but I didn't like both together too much.

After a series of little slides I'm losing faith in the wet weather performance of the Bridgstone 020s. Coulda been worse though, coulda been big slides...

At least you don't have budget protech sp10's.... they slide in the dry a fair amount (edit when getting decently over) ;) (You can look at the edge and see wear/slide marks going UP towards the centre of the tyre sometimes ffs)

I was going from south auckland (ardmore) and just at the turnoff to rainbows end going right up the hill I had to lean 25 degrees TO THE LEFT and RIDE THE WRONG ANGLE AROUND THE CORNER.... fucking insane leaning outwards. Then I almost got blown onto the median further up >_<

Not to mention twice having to lean about 30-40degrees around ardmore so I didn't have a head on smash... was so exhilerating though!

Lou Girardin
10th October 2005, 15:06
Grow a pair, you bunch of soft cocks.
What's the problem with a little breeze and a few involuntary lane changes.
Real men ride the bridge.

vifferman
10th October 2005, 15:10
40 seasons? I counted 117!

At least we're semi-used to this "maritime climate" crap; my guest turned up from LA where temps were mid 30s, to be greeted by horizontal rain, thunder, lightning, low temps, gusty gale-force winds, poer cuts, all sorts of uncivilised shenanigans. :eek5:

bugjuice
10th October 2005, 15:11
went for a ride saturday, over to my bro's place. It's the first time I've gone round a long sweeping left hander (Esmond Rd on-ramp, city bound), leaning hard right.. that was interesting. Also on the bridge, it's the hardest I've been blown around on there. I went from one lane, blown across into the other, then the wind stops, and I shoot back again! brilliant!

I was looking for a tall sided vehicle to buddy up against just before the bridge. Best I found was a Safari 4x4, so I signaled to the driver that it was windy, and could he stay by my side. I have no idea what he must have read, cos he hit the anchors so hard that he just vanished.. idiot.. no idea why, but that left me high and dry, so just tackled the bridge myself.

From the ride this morning, it looks to be a nice warm day outside.. go figure

Ixion
10th October 2005, 15:39
It HAS been a wee bit breezy the last few days. Wonder if it's ever happened before ? Prolly, not, sure this must be the first time there's ever been a bit of wind or rain.

N4CR
10th October 2005, 18:25
It HAS been a wee bit breezy the last few days. Wonder if it's ever happened before ? Prolly, not, sure this must be the first time there's ever been a bit of wind or rain.

I wish I could be as hard of a man as you, Ixion :crybaby:

Mabey our bikes just don't weigh a few tonnes :lol:

Just gotta admit it has been alot windier than usual though eh.... but i'm sure you have been riding long enough to have been in worse. Got any good stories to tell us?

Ixion
10th October 2005, 20:33
I wish I could be as hard of a man as you, Ixion :crybaby:

Mabey our bikes just don't weigh a few tonnes :lol:

Just gotta admit it has been alot windier than usual though eh.... but i'm sure you have been riding long enough to have been in worse. Got any good stories to tell us?

Does help to have a bike that outweighs a main battle tank. The BMW has a true Teutonic attitude to wind. "Ve are der Herrenmotorradden. Das pathetic undermenschen vind is not vorthy of the attention of the Herrenvolk. Continue onvards"

I really dont have many stories about wind, generally it's just something you deal with. Thing is, it's more frightening than dangerous, so long as you have a bit of room. I've never heard of anyone actually being blown off, or blown into a truck or anything. Change down, keep the revs up, and keep steady .

I do remember once though, riding a BSA Bantam along the top of a ridge with a full gale beating in on an angle. The Bantam just didn't have enough power to make any headway into the wind, and I couldn't lean enough to counter the wind, because I didn't have any forward speed. Literally got blown backwards, had to ride down onto the lee of the ridge and work my way along a fence line. Then I couldn't get up the bank because the grass was wet and slippery. Rope came in handy then.

There was one time, I was belting along real hard , around the ton, nicely tucked inside the fuel tank. Wearing this waterproof coat , with a hood. The hood rolled up and clipped under the collar. All of a sudden my head was dragged back real hard and it felt like I was about to be dragged backwards off the bike. And I was being strangled, couldn't breath. The damn hood had broken loose and was acting as a parachute, with the hood string around my neck garrotting me! Was fun stopping real fast with the right hand trying to keep the bike straight while the left tried to free the ligature round my neck!

Flooded roads, now that's another matter. I treat THEM with respect!