PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Buckets 2017 Sept 23

timg
12th June 2017, 19:53
Date for the BOB just posted on the CAMS site;

https://www.facebook.com/CamsClassicActionMotorcycleSport/posts/1481444628566075

:banana:

mr bucketracer
12th June 2017, 21:58
Nice work..

F5 Dave
15th June 2017, 13:32
One my favorite events. If I had the spare time and money I'd like to prepare my bike for another Crack at it now crank is sorted. With a suitable skinny kid to ride it.

Autech
15th June 2017, 13:40
I'm up in Hamilton as of this weekend but if anyone's coming down from Auckland and I'm not too broke I'd be keen to bring the bucket back south

TALLIS
15th June 2017, 17:08
Yes, very worthwhile trip. Would be a mamath effort for an Aucklanders.... do it

timg
15th June 2017, 19:18
One my favorite events. If I had the spare time and money I'd like to prepare my bike for another Crack at it now crank is sorted. With a suitable skinny kid to ride it.
C'mon F5D. You skinny enuf. Pull finger and get that bike sorted :bleh:

Triplenut
16th June 2017, 18:21
CAMS will give free entry to North island based Riders coz we're such good bastards :cool:

We may also be able to sort that riders can camp onsite Friday night if we can find a responsible adult to supervise
If there is interest I'll make contact with the track managers.

cheers

Kickaha
16th June 2017, 18:23

You're just scared of getting beaten by a GN, which by the way seems to finish a lot more BOB than any bike you build does :rolleyes:

timg
16th June 2017, 19:55
You're just scared of getting beaten by a GN, which by the way seems to finish a lot more BOB than any bike you build does :rolleyes: Harsh Kick :killingme

F5 Dave
16th June 2017, 20:40
My 50 finished the two it entered. And I'd say ahead of the GN.

The MB with the stepped crankpin was a time bomb. Boring the crank properly fixed the issue.

Buddha#81
1st September 2017, 09:14
only a few weeks to go!!!!!!

Kickaha
1st September 2017, 13:38
The Mighty GN is ready to go, be geared properly this time to so I can smash some more of the FXR riding peasants

Autech
2nd September 2017, 08:56
The Mighty GN is ready to go, be geared properly this time to so I can smash some more of the FXR riding peasantsNew rider?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kickaha
2nd September 2017, 13:48
New rider?
Doesn't need one, the current one could do with losing a few kg though

I have been advised to change the valves before this one as there were signs of piston to valve contact after the last one but a lack of time, money and fucks mean I probably wont

Autech
2nd September 2017, 15:05
Doesn't need one, the current one could do with losing a few kg though

I have been advised to change the valves before this one as there were signs of piston to valve contact after the last one but a lack of time, money and fucks mean I probably wontThe mighty GN has a unique valve systen designed by kikaha racing ltd where the valves are closed using the upward pressure of the piston, far more efficient than a spring.

Might try and make it down to race if I haven't shifted the bike north by then.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

F5 Dave
2nd September 2017, 16:06
Desmokickadromic?

Autech
7th September 2017, 11:48
Desmokickadromic?

Desmokickadropkick?

Buddha#81
8th September 2017, 09:04
........ Woohoo BBR special nearing completion a special frame that hasn't seen the light of day for a bit is getting a outing with a makeover. No Dray, No Hoogies........ who's gunna be top dog

Kickaha
8th September 2017, 10:23
... who's gunna be top dog
Fucking obvious, The Mighty GN

F5 Dave
8th September 2017, 17:30
Fucking obvious, The Mighty GN

So the mighty gn is going to be a dog. Well you said it.

timg
8th September 2017, 18:14
........ Woohoo BBR special nearing completion a special frame that hasn't seen the light of day for a bit is getting a outing with a makeover. No Dray, No Hoogies........ who's gunna be top dog I'll just be happy to make it to the start the way my effing pig is coming along.... everything we look at is shit and needs fixing or replacing....:mad: I see there's a cheap FXR on tardme - might be the only way I make it to the BOB this year....

F5 Dave
8th September 2017, 18:29
What's happened to the Bren? Someone put that fat old man on something slightly fast and we'll have a challenger.

mr bucketracer
8th September 2017, 19:16
I'll just be happy to make it to the start the way my effing pig is coming along.... everything we look at is shit and needs fixing or replacing....:mad: I see there's a cheap FXR on tardme - might be the only way I make it to the BOB this year....have i got a deal for you lol

Kickaha
8th September 2017, 19:49
So the mighty gn is going to be a dog.

Yes, A rabid attack dog

timg
9th September 2017, 09:23
have i got a deal for you lol lol, might have to cut my losses on the CBR and take you up on that #1 frame :msn-wink:

I'll get it sorted eventually - just a pain in the arse when you buy something that turns out not to be what it was represented to be.

F5 Dave
9th September 2017, 10:17
Hahaha. Welcome to real life. Just jibes but been disappointed by others too many times. Check out my TF thread. Fortunately not my money.
I've bought a TS engine that was rebuilt by 'insert large motorcycle shop' back in the day.
There were no crank seals fitted when I got the flywheel off but they had used sealed bearings so maybe that would be OK. I laughed and broke out the spanners. Not even c3. Start again. Piston circlips were internal style.

Funnily enough I never entertained the thought it had been near a shop.

I guess most people are gormless incompetent Muppets, the remainder are lying weasels and maybe there is room for decent honest people somewhere. And I can think of several I'd gladly buy a bike from in the chch scene. Anyway rambling done.

mr bucketracer
9th September 2017, 21:43
lol, might have to cut my losses on the CBR and take you up on that #1 frame :msn-wink:

I'll get it sorted eventually - just a pain in the arse when you buy something that turns out not to be what it was represented to be.carb work well on mine so yes i think thats the way to go

Triplenut
11th September 2017, 19:11
Hi All,
Round 1 of the 2017/2018 CAMS Classic and Post Classic Race Series coming up Saturday 23rd of September at Levels.
Includes the Battle of the Buckets
A great chance to get some practice for the Mike Pero Southern Classic and start that points tally rolling.

Times :
Sign On 8.00am - 9.15am ( bring licence, club membership, cash, helmet, gloves and back protector to sign on)
Riders Breifing 9.30am
On track from 9.45am
Machine examination 8.00am - 9.30am
Food and drink available on site
Prize Giving and well earned beer after racing in the Levels club rooms

Entry $80.00
Classics and juniors $30.00
NI based riders free
Transponders $10.00
One event licences $30.00
Club Membership $40.00

Race program:
Practice/Qualifying 5 Laps (2 practice under yellow flag, 3 laps qualifying)
Round 1 - Points 6 laps
Battle of the Buckets 55mins +1 lap
Round 2 - Points 6 laps
Round 3 - points 6 laps
Round 4 - Fun (no points) 6 laps

Race Groups and race order:
Group 1 - Moderns, lightweight and motards
Group 2 - Pre89 F1/F2 and Pre 95 all
Group 3 - Pre 82 senior, Pre 72 senior and Pre89 F3
Group 4 - Pre63, Vintage, Pre82 junior/lightweight , Pre72 junior/lightweight
Group 5 - Development 150/250 and Buckets F4/F5 - Split start if required
Group 6 - Clubmans - new riders, old riders, slow riders, classics

Any questions email us through www.cams-racing.org.nz or pm me here

PLEASE NOTE PRIZE GIVING FOR THE 2016/2017 SEASON WILL BE HELD AT ROUND 2 RUAPUNA 14TH OCTOBER.

Back to the trash talk ;)

Cheers
The CAMS team

Buddha#81
20th September 2017, 20:04
Woohoo the weathers improving every day

Grumph
21st September 2017, 07:20
And talking to Chris White last weekend, he tells me he's not defending the title....

Buddha#81
21st September 2017, 12:40
And talking to Chris White last weekend, he tells me he's not defending the title....

Being he doesn't have a bucket and the one he sold has finally had to go to the doctors, the hot FXR does have a lifespan. The Hoogies are back in town after some BOB practice in the USA...... will they make the start line?!?!?

Triplenut
21st September 2017, 18:21
Quick note everyone, we have been unable to secure the services of a bar manager through the car club for this Saturday :doh:

CAMS will bring a few boxes of beer and soft drunks for prize giving but you may want to BYO

Fingers crossed forecast continues to improve :sunny:

Cheers

Kickaha
24th September 2017, 09:12
As usual the Mighty GN finished the BOB with no problems whatsoever for a 10th place finish out of 18 starters after 37 laps and being lapped multiple times, while riding past a collection of dead FXRs on the sideline

Strangely my fastest lap was the very last one, I'm normally quite worn out and tired as fuck by then

The Hoogies as usual lapped everyone except themselves with James taking the win over Al

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4621476

ellipsis
24th September 2017, 09:29
As usual the Mighty GN finished the BOB with no problems whatsoever for a 10th place finish out of 18 starters after 37 laps and being lapped multiple times, while riding past a collection of dead FXRs on the sideline

Strangely my fastest lap was the very last one, I'm normally quite worn out and tired as fuck by then

The Hoogies as usual lapped everyone except themselves with James taking the win over Al

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4621476

...good shit... the mighty GN shows its true mettle again...