PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Yamaha XS1100LG MIDNIGHT SPECIAL

T.W.R
13th July 2017, 18:48
I've had this old girl near enough to 25yrs so it's been through a fair bit with me but got pretty heavily damaged in the 2010 quake.:facepalm:
Been thinking about rebuilding, so dug her out the other day to assess how bad the damage was and fortunately all the parts are there but in two minds whether or not it'll be worth putting back together or not :scratch:

Should it be done or just bail it and concentrate on other things?

Voltaire
13th July 2017, 19:07
Stick it on Trade Me and let Optimistic Sellers ( actually Dreamer Tyre Kickers) review it:laugh:

T.W.R
13th July 2017, 20:34
Stick it on Trade Me and let Optimistic Sellers ( actually Dreamer Tyre Kickers) review it:laugh:

Don't know if it be worth doing or not....the last few things I've listed & sold on TM have drawn some real knuckle dragging mouth breathers out of the wood work :crazy:
Sold a 99 fairmont about 6mths back and had one tramp txt me saying she was desperate for a car but couldn't afford the price but offered what she could plus sex :lol: that was just nasty thinking about it

Taxythingy
13th July 2017, 21:01
offered what she could plus sex :lol: that was just nasty thinking about it

While there might be a few on here who would have jumped the opportunity, that sounds like a sure way to get the clap.

husaberg
13th July 2017, 21:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrj5Kxdzouc

T.W.R
13th July 2017, 21:10
While there might be a few on here who would have jumped the opportunity, that sounds like a sure way to get the clap.

Ha yeah.... I had to do a double read of the message then still did the WTF! I think the clap would've been just the lesser of possible evils :sick:

AllanB
13th July 2017, 21:48
Hmmm. I remember them. Depends on the condition - EQ damage tends to be bars, levers and cosmetics.

T.W.R
13th July 2017, 21:51
Hmmm. I remember them. Depends on the condition - EQ damage tends to be bars, levers and cosmetics.

It's a bit more severe than that, it fell a reasonable height on to concrete :weep:

Voltaire
14th July 2017, 07:11
It's a bit more severe than that, it fell a reasonable height on to concrete :weep:

Trade Me translation:

Rare early 80's muscle V twin,
Been in storage, ran well when parked. No swaps including DNA (without Certs and pics)
Suit Cafe Racer, Bobber or restore to former glory.
Picture shown is what it would look like finished.
$ ( insert really high value)
http://i25.tinypic.com/1z4embn.jpg

HenryDorsetCase
14th July 2017, 09:46

fuck off, some of us actually buy bikes* ya know.

*occasionally after a lot of dithering

T.W.R
14th July 2017, 10:22
Rare early 80's muscle V twin,

Huh? It's a XS11 not a XV :lol: wouldn't call any form of XV a muscle V-twin

Though a XS850 Midnight special would be a nice thing to have stashed

Think from memory they used the name on four different models

The XS11 (LG & LH)....The 81 LH actually had a linked brake system similar to Moto Guzzi's system
The XS850 triple
The XV1000
And lastly the baby XJ650

No swaps including DNA (without Certs and pics)

:lol: majority of skanks wouldn't know what they were looking at