PDA

View Full Version : Ive got my bike and now my own username

Mrs Old Farts
9th October 2005, 08:32
Well i did it !!! :niceone:
I completed the learn to ride and basic handling course with the Andrew Templeton yesterday and had an awsome time doing it.
Its probably the first time i have challenged myself to do anything like that since i was a kid doing dancing lessons, so this was a test for my inner self as well. Its amazing how easy it is to cruise thru life and just plod along until you get to that midlife thing and think Dam Im gonna do some thing different!!
So here i am buying and riding my first bike.
So instead of always being a pillion on the back of the ST1100 ( that i cant ride cause im tooooo short ) i can now back seat drive and ride as well :2thumbsup
So im getting the bike bug now and loving it. And the bonus is, the kids cant come :niceone: and well .... Mr old farts has been great encouraging me all the way :love:

James Deuce
9th October 2005, 08:35
Excellent! Pleased that you've established your own online identity too!

I have a group of friends who prefer to cruise about sometimes, so I'll let you know the next time we have a get together.

crashe
9th October 2005, 08:39
Welcome.... and you have fun riding your new bike...
Leave him at home to look after the kids... while you go for a blat.... lol.

oldrider
9th October 2005, 09:08
Congratulations Mrs Oldfarts.
Mrs O/R is too short for ST1100's too (We had two of them, great bikes)
She is too short for our current steed as well.
What sort of bike did you buy?
Good luck with it and your future riding. :spudwave: Cheers John.

Sniper
9th October 2005, 09:20
Congrats Mrs Old_Farts. Welcome to our Gargre

Mrs Old Farts
9th October 2005, 09:40
Congratulations Mrs Oldfarts.
Mrs O/R is too short for ST1100's too (We had two of them, great bikes)
She is too short for our current steed as well.
What sort of bike did you buy?
Good luck with it and your future riding. :spudwave: Cheers John.

Hi Oldrider
I have bought a Suzuki gz250 which is a cruiser and low to the ground for us vertically challenge people. :niceone:
Nice wide seat an all tooooo. !!!!
Maybe Mrs Oldrider should go and test ride one of these, they are really nice to learn on also.

zadok
9th October 2005, 09:45
Good to have you along for the ride as well Mrs O/F. Saw a pic of your bike in the other thread; looks like a great little bike. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it immencely(*sp) (a lot). :niceone:

Storm
9th October 2005, 11:54
Well done mate :) Look forward to seeing you on some KB rides :spudwave:

Scorpygirl
9th October 2005, 12:20
Welcome Mrs Old Farts. Hope you enjoy your new bike and learner to ride. :niceone:

LB
9th October 2005, 12:31
Well done Mrs OF!

yungatart
9th October 2005, 15:25
Well done! And Welcome! I too am pushing myself to do something different and thoroughly enjoying it- even tho I suspect Mstrs isn't quite so much. What a pity you don't live here! We could ride together..

Hitcher
9th October 2005, 15:35
Well done, MOF! Hopefully we'll see you out and about at some stage. Mrs H will be impressed to see another lady out astride her own steed!

Sniper
9th October 2005, 15:37
astride her own steed!

Hear that, Hitcher has claimed that 250's may well be classed as steeds :not:

SpeedyGirl
9th October 2005, 16:15
Hi and welcome, nice to get some more women here :)

Great meeting you the other day :spudwave:

sels1
9th October 2005, 16:23
Good on ya Sue, congrats from both of us. Look forward to seein you out on it.

Mrs Old Farts
9th October 2005, 16:53
Thanks all for being so encouraging, i have just been out polishing its chrome, bigger job than i thought :sweatdrop
Now all i have to do is get out on it and practise, roll on the good weather.

Mrs Old Farts
9th October 2005, 16:57
Well done, MOF! Hopefully we'll see you out and about at some stage. Mrs H will be impressed to see another lady out astride her own steed!

Did i see both you hitchers riding along south yesterday afternoon, as my other half was riding my bike back from the course when he waved to you and we thought after that maybe it was indeed you guys. I was following in the car.

Hitcher
9th October 2005, 18:26
Did i see both you hitchers riding along south yesterday afternoon, as my other half was riding my bike back from the course when he waved to you and we thought after that maybe it was indeed you guys. I was following in the car.
Quite possibly. We went for a quick fang up to Kuku Beach and then home via the South Manakau Road and the folks' place at Waikanae.

Estrella
24th October 2005, 12:53
Hi MOF

Have you had a chance to do much riding since completeing your learners course?

How are you enjoying the purple beauty?

Beemer
24th October 2005, 16:33
Good on you for learning to ride. I was a late starter when it came to riding too, and now I can't imagine not being able to go for a ride myself.

Hope to see you on the road some day soon.

Mrs Old Farts
26th October 2005, 20:41
Hi MOF

Have you had a chance to do much riding since completeing your learners course?

How are you enjoying the purple beauty?

Hi There Estrella
Im taking it in small steps but really enjoying it.

Drum
26th October 2005, 21:35
I wonder are there any rides organised for those of us who were late comers to biking, and dont nessecarily want to ride with the young sports bike fellas (not that theres anything wrong with the young fellas - I'm only 34 myself - its more a matter of similar skill levels).

Ghost Lemur
26th October 2005, 21:50
I wonder are there any rides organised for those of us who were late comers to biking, and dont nessecarily want to ride with the young sports bike fellas (not that theres anything wrong with the young fellas - I'm only 34 myself - its more a matter of similar skill levels).

One of the bike shops do a 250 group ride. Can't remember which one, a local will know.

crashe
26th October 2005, 22:16

Drum - Start a thread in "Meetings and Events" section for a NOOB bike ride. For a slow to medium ride in the wellington area on a weekend... with the time you want to leave and where everyone is to meet up at... Have where you will go... and you will be amazed at who will turn up... maybe a few of the faster riders who want to ride slow for that day and happy to help you NOOBies.

Cibby
30th October 2005, 01:25
Hay lady..

Welcome to the site.. good to get more ladies on here. ;)