PDA

View Full Version : F5's 100 is for sale

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 18:34
:cry::cry:

MBRS 100

Can't believe I'm doing this looking at the pictures.

Unfinished business. That’s what I figured I had with this bike. But with several other projects including a Bucket build for a mate, I’m just not getting onto it. Maybe it’s time for someone else to take the reins.
So, RS125 chassis with some (reversible) mods to make a normal size chap fit. MB100 engine converted to Full crankcase reed, watercooled and triple exhaust ports. 6 Speed gearbox. Extra plate clutch.
Ignitech ignition, high output CR250 Stator/Rotor, Intercooler waterpump, RS radiator. 32mm RGV carb. Optional 35mm bored out RGV carb fitted with home-made solenoid powerjet that I never had time to fully commission. Destroked crank and easily sourced KT100 kart piston. Fitted for quickshifter which is a boon on tight tracks. Needs the switch re-setup, but I have a spare.

It goes well, I’ve only faced one bike that could match it for straight line speed. It’s won bunches of races, sadly never a BoB although it has lead more than once (& I did win the CAMs trophy before) and held track record at Taumarunui. All with some fat old bloke on it.

I did have crank issues on the longer tracks but since machined the webs so a standard pin could be run rather than the stepped one that broke a couple of times. It’s been fine since. The stator & ignitech sorted out ignition problems I was having. Try find one.

Best dyno run on realistic dyno was 27.5hp. I lowered the transfer port floors to match piston @BDC and fitted inserts to make sweeping transfer inners. And lost 1hp. I’m pretty sure now that I’ve taken too much volume from the ports and grinding the easily reached outers would pay back this power and a bunch more.
The Pipe I now realise disobeys several rules of thumb and a better pipe should easily crest 30hp mark.

But I’ll never get around to it. While this is a push and go bike it needs someone who knows how to fettle 2 Strokes, feed it AvGas & decent oil, replace the occasional service part & ideally bring its potential above the weapon it is now. Last race I lent it out it got 2nd in the Wellington Enduro event. The tyres are somewhat old. Brakes & RS suspension are good.
I don’t want to be greedy, but this is prettied up FXR money $2800.
Oh yeah it could really do with a pretty up. I got some bright yellow paint, but you guessed it, - never got around to respraying it. Comes with full fairing as well.

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 18:37
More pics

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 18:39
And one more. Have a better one I'll add with fairing on.

Hmm might have to wait until tomorrow. Not loading from phone.

Yeah front tyre looks pretty suspect . But heck I've seen some real prettied up mingers for this sort of money. It flies past normal bikes esp on longer tracks. Obviously it's pretty unflappable with the RS chassis. Wheels are the genuine HRC RS units which are shot loads lighter than NSR.

Maybe I should ask for more money. But I want it to go to the right person. Maybe I'll just be picky.

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 18:58
Well this is awkward. My 50 sold in 3 minutes on a Sunday night. Guess it's dinner time.

TALLIS
17th September 2017, 19:01
Thought malcom would be a starter. Is there a spare set of rims with it? :whistle:

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 19:35
Did think of him. But he has his own path. That said he's got the skill to ride the thing.

mr bucketracer
17th September 2017, 20:09
time to buy a fxr is it (-; , good bike for the right person

F5 Dave
17th September 2017, 20:32
Yeah I can't really race until my daughter is. Well if she ever becomes self sufficient.

jasonu
18th September 2017, 04:39
:cry::cry:

MBRS 100

Can't believe I'm doing this looking at the pictures.

Unfinished business. That’s what I figured I had with this bike. But with several other projects including a Bucket build for a mate, I’m just not getting onto it. Maybe it’s time for someone else to take the reins.
So, RS125 chassis with some (reversible) mods to make a normal size chap fit. MB100 engine converted to Full crankcase reed, watercooled and triple exhaust ports. 6 Speed gearbox. Extra plate clutch.
Ignitech ignition, high output CR250 Stator/Rotor, Intercooler waterpump, RS radiator. 32mm RGV carb. Optional 35mm bored out RGV carb fitted with home-made solenoid powerjet that I never had time to fully commission. Destroked crank and easily sourced KT100 kart piston. Fitted for quickshifter which is a boon on tight tracks. Needs the switch re-setup, but I have a spare.

It goes well, I’ve only faced one bike that could match it for straight line speed. It’s won bunches of races, sadly never a BoB although it has lead more than once (& I did win the CAMs trophy before) and held track record at Taumarunui. All with some fat old bloke on it.

I did have crank issues on the longer tracks but since machined the webs so a standard pin could be run rather than the stepped one that broke a couple of times. It’s been fine since. The stator & ignitech sorted out ignition problems I was having. Try find one.

Best dyno run on realistic dyno was 27.5hp. I lowered the transfer port floors to match piston @BDC and fitted inserts to make sweeping transfer inners. And lost 1hp. I’m pretty sure now that I’ve taken too much volume from the ports and grinding the easily reached outers would pay back this power and a bunch more.
The Pipe I now realise disobeys several rules of thumb and a better pipe should easily crest 30hp mark.

But I’ll never get around to it. While this is a push and go bike it needs someone who knows how to fettle 2 Strokes, feed it AvGas & decent oil, replace the occasional service part & ideally bring its potential above the weapon it is now. Last race I lent it out it got 2nd in the Wellington Enduro event. The tyres are somewhat old. Brakes & RS suspension are good.
I don’t want to be greedy, but this is prettied up FXR money $2800.
Oh yeah it could really do with a pretty up. I got some bright yellow paint, but you guessed it, - never got around to respraying it. Comes with full fairing as well.

It is truly a sad fucking day!!!!!!!!!

Five buck and a bag of chups......

Bert
18th September 2017, 08:23
It is truly a sad fucking day!!!!!!!!!

Five buck and a bag of chups......

Sorry to read this Dave. You have been a stalwart of the class.
I hope she goes to a good home as it's got plenty of top running years left in her.

F5 Dave
18th September 2017, 10:04
more pic

.zj.cdbld

chrisc
18th September 2017, 13:18
If I didn't own the TZ, I'd definitely take this off your hands Dave but I have other things on the go. I hope it goes to someone who will do it justice!

F5 Dave
18th September 2017, 17:27
Well I certainly never regret selling you the 50.

Looking at welders, which is kinda the reason I thought about all this. My $300 8yr old Repco MIG has annoyed me for the last time.

And maybe if I found a cheap RD400G project but have to be a bit lucky there.

Drew
18th September 2017, 17:41
And just like that, the bucket track has become infinitely more appealing.

jasonu
19th September 2017, 11:01
And just like that, the bucket track has become infinitely more appealing.

and a little less gay...:eek5:

F5 Dave
21st September 2017, 18:18
OK I put it on Tardme yesterday and its gorn. Some local chap.

Akzle
21st September 2017, 19:04
is it lams?

FJRider
21st September 2017, 19:24
is it lams?

I don't see it listed on the prohibited list ... <_<

jasonu
22nd September 2017, 10:46
OK I put it on Tardme yesterday and its gorn. Some local chap.

Lucky it didn't feature on the optimistic sellers thread.

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 13:03
Almost posted it myself. There was a bit of bartering or rather reverse bartering on both sides which is what happens when you sell stuff to mates.

The first guy who wanted to buy it is had to talk out of it. Another mate who helped build it when he saw it on TM.

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 14:04
Still a chance to buy some of my shit

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1424053755

you know you want to.

yeah I know. The Ironing.

mr bucketracer
22nd September 2017, 14:46

you know you want to.

yeah I know. The Ironing.you sick man

diesel pig
22nd September 2017, 17:19

you know you want to.

yeah I know. The Ironing.

It turns out I don't know you all. you sick.:sick:

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 17:54
Yeah funny story. I ordered gaskets for my GasGas dirt bike. Youshop informs me bigger package than expected. These arrive. Fortunately with my gaskets. I have 5 more sets of 5! Fuck knows what they fit. Should contact Farmlands.

As I said. Oh the Irony.

Had to temper the advertising.
I need to try fund a welder and my $800 budget is looking at little thin sadly.

My 2 grand RD400 is also dreams but we'll I'll hope I find something like Jason's.

mr bucketracer
22nd September 2017, 18:10
Yeah funny story. I ordered gaskets for my GasGas dirt bike. Youshop informs me bigger package than expected. These arrive. Fortunately with my gaskets. I have 5 more sets of 5! Fuck knows what they fit. Should contact Farmlands.

As I said. Oh the Irony.

Had to temper the advertising.
I need to try fund a welder and my $800 budget is looking at little thin sadly.

My 2 grand RD400 is also dreams but we'll I'll hope I find something like Jason's.just put ya head in the tolet and flush it lol

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 18:31
Into the moonshine early as I have no idea what you are on about.

My $300 Repco MIG has served me well. Well for about 4 of the 8 yrs I've owned it. Clearly you or Jason are in another league but I just wanted to glue steel together. Figured 0.8k would get me a disposable co2 mig with a wire feed that wouldn't make me give up in discust.

It seems to step $300 / $550 / $1200
Doubt the $550 one is any better.

Clearly monthly rental is a total waste when I might not touch it for 3 months.

sidecar bob
22nd September 2017, 18:34

It sounds a bit like the, my "friend" has a nasty STD story.:msn-wink:

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 19:10
Funny interlude; my middle name is Harley.

So how passed you must be if your name was Davidson, related. No one says I'm off to ride my Davidson.

Maybe Massey-Ferguson :laugh:

Drew
22nd September 2017, 20:01
Monthly bottle hire is bugger all. Think I pay around $45 for two c bottles and a d.

F5 Dave
22nd September 2017, 20:20
So only $550 a year. Well shit that's nothing compared to selling a bike to clear up $800 for a welder
Just going for a drink with the new owner. Could be messy.

jasonu
23rd September 2017, 13:18
My 2 grand RD400 is also dreams but we'll I'll hope I find something like Jason's.

Good luck with that, I'm still looking for another one too.....

jasonu
23rd September 2017, 13:22
Into the moonshine early as I have no idea what you are on about.

My $300 Repco MIG has served me well. Well for about 4 of the 8 yrs I've owned it. Clearly you or Jason are in another league but I just wanted to glue steel together. Figured 0.8k would get me a disposable co2 mig with a wire feed that wouldn't make me give up in discust.

Na mate nothing wrong with the el cheapo gasless mig as long as you don't expect too much from it. I had one for a few years and it built two trailers and got me out of several pickles...

Top tips for the owners of said cheap mig welders, always feed it new tips and replace the earth cable and clamp with summat more substantial. The performance gains (and frustration factor lessening)from those two little things are huge.