PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Stroud Speaking

Sharkey
5th February 2004, 08:07
Howdy folks.

Straight off the bat I want to say that this is only advertising. No debate will be entered into in any way, shape, or form.

On Saturday the 14th of Feb Andrew Stroud will be speaking at a regular Men's group breakfast held at my Church (I am not going to debate this). I am sure some of you may be interested to hear him and ask some questions.

While being held in a Church, the event is not especially Christian or preechy. Someone will probably say a grace before eating. It is pretty informal, and is designed largely as a good time to talk to and get to know a bunch of people you might not ordinarily mix with. It is for Men only (and as I said earlier I am not gong to debate this). A gold coin koha is also appreciated to cover the cost of the continental breakfast.

I need to know numbers of anyone wanting to attend, so PM me and I can forward you time and place details.

Cheers.

SpankMe
5th February 2004, 08:50
Speaking about what? <_<

Sharkey
9th February 2004, 09:29
Excellent question.

Probably about how cool it is to ride a Britten very quickly. These things tend to be very open and undefined. Dad just finds people who sound interesting and asks if they would be willing to give a bit of a presentation, the content of which is up to them.

I have no idea if Andrew has any religious affiliation, and as such no idea whether such issues will crop up or not. I wouldn't expect so.

There tends to be a Q&A session at the end too.

Coldkiwi
9th February 2004, 12:31
Phew! I thought it was on the 7th and I'd completely forgotten about it!
I'll make a note now :)

SPman
9th February 2004, 16:51
I have no idea if Andrew has any religious affiliation, and as such no idea whether such issues will crop up or not. I wouldn't expect so.I thought he was a 'christian"?

Sharkey
10th February 2004, 07:53
I thought he was a 'christian"?

Could be, don't know.

Dave
10th February 2004, 08:57
Andrew became very deeply religous after the death of john britten and people constantly mention it at the race tracks.

What?
10th February 2004, 09:59
He wasn't short on religion prior to JB's departure, either. BUT - he doesn't try to sell it.

White trash
13th February 2004, 07:06
Who gives a toss if the guys religious or not?! :whocares:

The man is a weapon on anything two wheeled and a bloody good guy to boot. Always got time for a chat and totally aproachable.

Zed
14th February 2004, 10:30
Hey thanks again for the invite Sharkey, I thorougly enjoyed the meeting and getting together with you guys!

The weather this morning was disastrous at 6.50am when I left home , I was disappointed that I had to drive my cage instead of the bike- especially when those tremendous blue skies suddenly appeared after the meeting finished :sneaky2:

Andrew did a great presentation about his career & the Britten...wow, what a buzz it must have been riding that 140kg, 160hp beast to victory!! :sweatdrop

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mgnock/britten.jpg

Take care

Zed
p.s Hope you get back on two wheels again soon...

georgedubyabush
14th February 2004, 12:22
Ah, there's my new desktop. Cheers zed

Motoracer
14th February 2004, 12:39
Whats keeping it from tipping over? I don't see no stands... :confused:

PeteThePom
14th February 2004, 14:42
Whats keeping it from tipping over? I don't see no stands... :confused:Probably a rear spindle prop stand with the spoke on the rear wheel cunningly placed to hide it....................or possibly prayer power?:lol:

Zed
14th February 2004, 17:04
Probably a rear spindle prop stand with the spoke on the rear wheel cunningly placed to hide it....................or possibly prayer power?:lol:
Lol, divine intervention isn't necessary when God has given man a brain to use it! :bash:

Zed

MikeL
14th February 2004, 21:03
Lol, divine intervention isn't necessary when God has given man a brain to use it! :bash:

Zed

So, Zed, please explain in what circumstances divine intervention is necessary, given that God provided us with both intelligence and a conscience??

MikeL
14th February 2004, 21:05
Sorry about that. An irresistible urge overcame me to hijack another thread...

Coldkiwi
15th February 2004, 14:16
I'll have a crack at that one Mike:
-Its necessary when the smartest doctors around think it can't be done... amazing how often it happens too! feet growing back/ bowels completely healed from full inflammation/blindness cured/paralytics restored/cysts & tumours dissappearing: I
could go on but I'm sure you get the idea :)

humans are very intelligent compared to animals but still pretty thick and shortsighted compared to God. I think we're often a bit like goldfish professors... we float around our little section of life and think we know everything without realising how big the whole picture is.

err yes, anyway... Mr stroud was good! (now lets let this plane land where it was supposed to go not beirut!) :D

georgedubyabush
16th February 2004, 08:18
feet growing back?

Zed
16th February 2004, 08:31
feet growing back?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
16th February 2004, 10:30
Whats keeping it from tipping over? I don't see no stands... :confused:

The bike is just so trick it doesn't need a stand

Coldkiwi
16th February 2004, 10:53
yer.. feet growing back. dude lost it in an accident. people prayed, two weeks later it had returned. i do believe the doctors probably rated that as not possible and God had a difference of opinion.

I mean its awesome and all but still pretty small compared to raising a dead person.