PDA

View Full Version : BEARS round 6 Ruapuna

dangerous
9th October 2005, 20:14
Well after the southerly that blew through drowning every thing in sight it was looking sus for today, but no what an awesome day altho the wind was a bit chilly.

Practice was practice.... race 1 and into it. The tri oval is a fast circuit dident do too badly 3rd KBer home.
race 2 better start and 2nd KBer home.... and that was it, bugger it all once again I didn't get to ride the MTgp that Kickaha was riding, but next time its all mine.

There are some pics on their way but I'd just like to put this one up, a very nice V50 with a small block 750 :apint:

gav
9th October 2005, 20:25
Took long enough to start a thread, didnt ya? :whistle:
Heres some of the KB race bikes.....
#68 Dangerousmobile CB125T, #83 D's two stroke MB gp raced by kickaha this weekend, #57 Deisel Pigs latest project, reverse cylinder RG400 barrell on GP100 in a TZR250 chassis, very promising! #411 Stanko's FXR150 in RZ350 rolling chassis, #9 TonyB's GP100, another photo of DP's latest.

Rashika
9th October 2005, 20:27
...and here they are.

Pic 1: Deisel Pig's new toy TZ Frame with a GP100 bottom end and RG 400 top end

Pic 2: group shot down the straight: Deisel pig on 57, Kickaha on 83, Nipper on 13, Dangerous on 68, ?, ?, TonyB on 9 and Stanko on 411 (at back)

Pic 3:The Cotton brothers
Pic 4: ...more of the Cotton brothers

Pic 5: Deisel Pig on the new bucket (LC)
Pic 6: Deisel Pig on the older bucket (DeiselPig) after the new bucket had a hiccup

Rashika
9th October 2005, 20:37
and some more...

Pic 1: DC entering the dipper

Pic 2: Kickaha going thru the dipper

Pic 3: Dangerous going thru the dipper

Pic 4: TonyB going thru the dipper

Pic 5: Nipper going thru the dipper

Pic 6: Stanko going thru the dipper

Rashika
9th October 2005, 20:46
and the last one...only 2 races so this time not so many pics, aren't we LUCKY! :niceone:

Pic 1: All lined up on the Dummy grid

Pic 2: TonyB about to be done over by Stanko (at laaaaaast goes Stanko...I beat someone! :devil2: )

Pic 3: The cutest and 2nd youngest Kbr of the Day, TonyB's wee girl

Pic 4: Famous! A KB sticker....

Pic 5: Camp KB: from left we have Kickaha, Gav, Mrs Gav, SpeedyGirl, Stanko and BrenChch

Kickaha
9th October 2005, 20:47
Bears Winter Series Final Rd

After my recent spate of wrecked motors I’d been left with out a bike to ride :brick: , Lucky for me Dangerous had a spare and being the top bloke that he is offered it to me for the final round, he’d got a couple of 17 inch rims spoked up to the hubs after the last Levels meeting and I’d fitted some slick up for him, while helping him fit them to the bike and showing him how to set the wheel alignment with a couple of straight edges we found the rear wheel an inch to the left of the front, it wasn’t going to be to big a job to correct it with a few spacers but as it handled ok when I last rode it I decided I couldn’t be bothered and spent Saturday arvo grinding bits off the sidecar instead

Dangerous also had Darryl Cotton reposition the chamber for a bit more ground clearance as at Levels I’d managed to deck it out a few times and last time I decked at pipe in the dipper at Ruapuna it ended up with me in plaster and a broken wrist and I wasn’t to interested in a repeat performance:doctor:

TonyB was having transport problems getting his bike to the track so I told Dangerous he was picking it up Saturday afternoon and I’d get it off him on the way to the track in the morning as he already had two bikes to take out and TonyB would find his own way out

Called around to see Diesel Pig and he was putting the finishing touches to his reverse cylinder RG400/GP100/TZR hybrid ,Black Betty and the Husqvarna 360 talked shit with him for a bit then shot off home and packed my gear up, at this stage the weather was looking like shit, windy and pissing down however after waking up Sunday morning it was clear and sunny, so I tossed the gear in the ute and shot around to Diesel pig to pick up the club slut and then off to Dangerous place to pick up TonyBs bike

Sign in and scrutineering out of the way except for TonyB who’s scrabbling round looking for a bolt to tighten something up and Stanko has to change his number so there’s not two #41 bikes, we’re all standing round talking even more shit as we wait for riders briefing, with that out of the way the buckets line up for practice as being the premier class we’re always first up

We head off out for practice and it’s all good the bikes running clean and let Dangerous pass me and I tag along behind him for a bit making sure I have enough in reserve to nail him, TonyB forgets to turn off the main straight onto the tri oval and tries to take out four other buckets on his way through narrowly missing them, Diesel Pigs new hybrid is getting a bit hot running up off the gauge before coming back down to 95 degrees

Race 1
26 of us line up on the grid for this one and I get an average start and find myself about 9th on the first lap I get past one guy and then Diesel Pig goes around the outside of me into the dipper and I get balked exiting the dipper and he pulls a gap, I chase down another guy and it takes me 3 laps to pass him while Diesel Pig gets further away, once I’m past him I set off after him and slowly gain on him as his new bike shows a good turn of speed, no one else is close enough to put any pressure on me and I concentrate on narrowing the gap but with the white flag out and 25m behind him it’s not looking good until coming to the chequered flag he slows and puts his hand up, due to his own mechanical incompetence:lol: he’s managed to seize it on his first outing and I beat him across the line for 6th place with Dangerous finishing in his rightful place behind me

In between the next race we go and watch Diesel Pig get one hand on the pre 82 trophy by cleaning up the first pre 82 race riding “Black Betty” (CBX550) :first:

Race Two
Due to all the blow ups I’ve had I’m well out of any contention for the tops spots so I line up about 20th on the grid to have a bit of fun and pass about 5-6 in the first couple of corners, I get onto the back of two slow guys :moon: (TonyB and Stanko) and blow past them down the straight and into turn 1 and get onto the back of some others I can see Dangerous a couple of bikes in front of me and I go up the inside of one and get on the gas and get past I close on another bike off turn one and go up the inside into the dipper and there’s clear track with Dangerous the next target but surprisingly enough he’s stopped riding like a girl:yes: and got a bit of pace on and I don’t get him before the flag as I can’t narrow the gap and I finish 8th behind him, turns out that TonyB was the slowest of the two slow guys as Stanko beats him to the line

Speedygirl and Gav also turn up to have a look and talk shit

Special mention should also go to BrenCh_ch who didn’t compete at this round as he didn’t wake up and get out of bed until 12 noon, can’t see him being a future Bucket champion with an attitude like that :finger:

and that top bloke Dangerous for lending me a bike and I didn't even break it
:woohoo:

diesel pig
9th October 2005, 20:48
Ah yes Dangerous is finding his way around a race track better and better unlike north Canterbury roads KBers finished the first race in this order

6th Kickaha :headbang:
7th Diesel pig :argh:
8th Dangerous :crybaby:
12th Stanko
15th TonyB
20th Nipper

and the second race

5th Diesel pig
6th Dangerous
8th Kickaha
12th Stanko
13th TonyB
19th nipper

There were some Bucketeers from Nelson at the meeting and I think some of them are KBers, if they PM me their numbers I can post their placings

SpeedyGirl
9th October 2005, 21:01
Speedygirl and Gav also turn up to have a look and talk shit

Awwww shucks, thanks, nice to know the gabble is appreciated :finger:

gav
9th October 2005, 21:03
Hey Kick, don't forget K14 turned up but decided he'd have more fun sitting infront of a TV watching cars drive up and down a mountainside :psst:

k14
9th October 2005, 21:19
Hey Kick, don't forget K14 turned up but decided he'd have more fun sitting infront of a TV watching cars drive up and down a mountainside :psst:
Yeah well if everyone else had met you guys they would know why :whistle:

gav
9th October 2005, 21:34
And some of you North Islanders might just want to check out the level of preperation in some of these bikes :niceone:

Brian d marge
10th October 2005, 03:31
Today I bailed from MX ...have a holiday tomorrow so will fart arse around on bike ,,,,
Any hoo went to the local cart track to watch the bike racing ....UN believable
They had 3 classes ,,,Stock scooter racing ,,THAT was a laugh ,,,,,,real ,,just good ole plain fun ..
mini moto ,,,for the younguns ,,I mean no more than 6 yrs old ..I havent had so much enjoyment as I did watching a mimi me on a pocket bike going faster than the the car I arrived in .....Just so cute ,,took fotos with phone hope they turn out ok ...

and last those nsr 80 ( dont know actual cc rating ) ,,but its basically buckets ...and the level of prep ,,,my T&*() these things had tyre warmers ,,paint jobs ,,,and rain tyres ,,,,they were like a mini GP ,,,team ...and the racing ...I am not joking ,,,I have been to a lot of GPs around this world ,,but the racing I saw to day was VEry close ..lots of spills ...almost superbike stuff..

It was good stuff .......

Stephen

TonyB
10th October 2005, 05:34
Confidence is a funny thing eh? I've done a few hundred corners on my bike dicing with Dangerous and K14, and I fell off on ONE of them. So logic would suggest that the odds of it happening again are low ...... right? Try telling my subconcious that LOL. All the little slides that before had me going "YEEEEHAAAA" now had me going "AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHH!!!" :baby: Having said that I felt like I was going better in the second race, and bloody Stanko beat me to the line by less than half a wheel- you bastard! I had been dicing with some one, and had finally gotten clear and thought my position was safeish. Unbeknownst to me, Stanko had also passed the other guy and was stalking me, gradually making up ground. His bike is so FRICKEN quiet I had no idea he was there- stealth buckets should be banned LOL. I made a real mess of the dipper in the final lap, and then I heard a 4 stroke right behind me "FOUR STROKE????, WHAT FUGGEN 4 STROKE??" First chance I got I took a peep and saw Stanko. Uh-oh. Went round the sweeper as hard as I dared and kept it nailed. The stealth bucket had a little more speed and slowly inched past, with me yelling "NOOoooooooo!!! FUG OFF!!! STAY BEHIND ME YOU BASTARD!!!" and waving my left arm at him. Cold and impassive, the stealth bucket and it's rider continued their unstoppable mission and pipped me by inches. Well done Stanko, it was awesome! :wari:

dangerous
10th October 2005, 05:42
There were some Bucketeers from Nelson at the meeting and I think some of them are KBers,
If they were there we might have some pics that we can post up too...... :spudwave:

6th Dangerous
8th Kickaha

Ha ha :apumpin:

Ah yes Dangerous is finding his way around a race track better and better unlike north Canterbury roads

Gezzzz, you guys arnt going to let that one go are ya's :whistle:

and that top bloke Dangerous for lending me a bike and I didn't even break it
:woohoo:
Thats cos its a HONDA man, when are you going to realise your down fall :shifty:

James Deuce
10th October 2005, 06:48
HA, excellent sounding meeting.

Tony, you look like you're laughing as Stanko goes by.

Nice photos Gav and Rashika, and good report Kickaha.

Dangerous, Dangerous, Dangerous. *sigh*.

Mate, you've successfully sabotaged Kick's own bikes and then you go and lend him one of your own. Didn't have the berries to drop a handful of gravel in the sump of your OWN bike, did you?

hXc
10th October 2005, 07:30
Well I had buckets on the new bike yesterday. TF125 engine with a TZR250 chassis. All went well until I locked up the front wheel trying to avoid a guy and bike sprawled across the track in front of me. Shouldn't be too bad to fix - Weld the footpeg, maybe a new front brake lever and new handlebar bung. The paint came out relatively unscathed apart from the back end - but that's covered by my number anyway. Otherwise it wasa great day!

Left home with one bike. Left the track with two. Dad bought a CT125 in an RG50 frame. The engine used to be in a side car and the guy would get it sideways around the corners. The guy we bought it off reckons it's pulling about 20-25 horses, so should be fun:D

stanko
10th October 2005, 09:06
Confidence is a funny thing eh? I've done a few hundred corners on my bike dicing with Dangerous and K14, and I fell off on ONE of them. So logic would suggest that the odds of it happening again are low ...... right? Try telling my subconcious that LOL. All the little slides that before had me going "YEEEEHAAAA" now had me going "AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHH!!!" :baby: Having said that I felt like I was going better in the second race, and bloody Stanko beat me to the line by less than half a wheel- you bastard! I had been dicing with some one, and had finally gotten clear and thought my position was safeish. Unbeknownst to me, Stanko had also passed the other guy and was stalking me, gradually making up ground. His bike is so FRICKEN quiet I had no idea he was there- stealth buckets should be banned LOL. I made a real mess of the dipper in the final lap, and then I heard a 4 stroke right behind me "FOUR STROKE????, WHAT FUGGEN 4 STROKE??" First chance I got I took a peep and saw Stanko. Uh-oh. Went round the sweeper as hard as I dared and kept it nailed. The stealth bucket had a little more speed and slowly inched past, with me yelling "NOOoooooooo!!! FUG OFF!!! STAY BEHIND ME YOU BASTARD!!!" and waving my left arm at him. Cold and impassive, the stealth bucket and it's rider continued their unstoppable mission and pipped me by inches. Well done Stanko, it was awesome! :wari:

Ill try to let it not happen again ! Next time Ill try to be in front of you the whole race.
Took me a while to wipe the grin off.

TonyB
10th October 2005, 11:07
Tony, you look like you're laughing as Stanko goes by.

I was! Shit it was funny, the speed difference was maybe 1km/h. He just crawled past...

Rashika
10th October 2005, 11:31
I was! Shit it was funny, the speed difference was maybe 1km/h. He just crawled past...
yep I can verify that, I was standing there at the time...man it was funny, :killingme especially watching you try to wave him away like some bug that was annoying you!

Joni
10th October 2005, 11:42
:killingme especially watching you try to wave him away like some bug that was annoying you!Hehehe, sounds like another classic SI bucket event... :niceone:

Thanks for the pics Rashika and Gav... loved seeing them... pity I was not there to laugh at the silly buggers myself.

D... so how does it feel being beaten by your own bike 2 race meets in a row :whistle:

dangerous
10th October 2005, 13:52
Dangerous, Dangerous, Dangerous. *sigh*.

Didn't have the berries to drop a handful of gravel in the sump of your OWN bike, did you?

What I do :whistle:
Well actually I'm almost as hard on motors as Kickaha, 'yes' Honda's do blow up too this link (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=296179&postcount=19) is my 1st CB motor, pitty it was a worked head..... now I just run a std tuned engine and can still come in ahead of Kick........... SO THERE JONI :niceone:

D... so how does it feel being beaten by your own bike 2 race meets in a row :whistle:

6th Dangerous, 8th Kickaha :doobey:

TonyB
10th October 2005, 14:54
yep I can verify that, I was standing there at the time...man it was funny, :killingme especially watching you try to wave him away like some bug that was annoying you!
THATS what I needed, a fly swat!
Actually I thought about grabbing his shoulder and pulling myself forward like I did with D at Levels, but with all the club officialdom lined up by the finish line I thought that might not be a good plan...

Kickaha
10th October 2005, 17:11
now I just run a std tuned engine and can still come in ahead of Kick........... S

Only when I start well behind you and give you a big head start:finger:

Couple of things I forgot

Brent Cotton on his pre82 XR250 Motard looses 5th gear down the straight so he hammers it in 4th most of the straight and it seizes at the end leaving a 10m skidmark and probably a matching one in his leathers before he gets the clutch in

Stanko also provided a bit of amusement when he tried riding away with his race stand still connected to his bike, maybe he was handicapping himself to give TonyB a chance :lol:

diesel pig
10th October 2005, 20:32
Only when I start well behind you and give you a big head start:finger:

but Kickaha you told me before the race you were going to start way back so you could taunt Dangerous with the fact you could give him a head start and still beat him. Didn't work out A Kickaha :cool:

dangerous
10th October 2005, 20:39
[

but Kickaha you told me before the race you were going to start way back so you could taunt Dangerous with the fact you could give him a head start and still beat him. Didn't work out A Kickaha :cool:
yeah and aint that the truth........ and I had a target visualised on your tail piece too, nother 200 laps and I reckon I would had it to :apumpin:

gav
10th October 2005, 22:44
yeah and aint that the truth........ and I had a target visualised on your tail piece too, nother 200 laps and I reckon I would had it to :apumpin:
Only coz the RG/GP would've seized by then....... :dodge:

diesel pig
11th October 2005, 17:37
Only coz the RG/GP would've seized by then....... :dodge:

I think I have a handle on the overheating with my thermosiphon system. I found on a model T ford site and a vintage tractor site that thermosiphon systems run unpressurise. The radiator cap on it is a pressurise one and on a site for designing cooling systems for computers states that the bottom return line must be as straight and short as possible my one is long and has a big curve in it. So I will change these things and see if that helps :2thumbsup

dangerous
11th October 2005, 18:05
I think I have a handle on the overheating with my thermosiphon system. I found on a model T ford site and a vintage tractor site that thermosiphon systems run unpressurise.
yeah that makes good sence Diesel....... what do you reckon the idea behind the other LC bike (attachment) at the track has the radiator under the tank??
must be somethig in it as it goes bloody well.

diesel pig
12th October 2005, 17:10
yeah that makes good sence Diesel....... what do you reckon the idea behind the other LC bike (attachment) at the track has the radiator under the tank??
must be somethig in it as it goes bloody well.

When I talked to mike parker (buckets owner) about it he said he only put there so there was less chance of it being damaged when he dropped it! The radiator on mikes Bucket is off a RG50 of all things and a electic motor pumps the coolant through it so it's not really the same set up as mine. He did say something interesting through about the power dropping off if the temp went over 80 degrees and mine was going well over that!