PDA

View Full Version : faster?

esspro
10th October 2005, 16:03
is there an easy way to make 1991 honda pal go like 60kph? like without spending too much money?

SixPackBack
10th October 2005, 17:42
Gravity assistance is very cheap.....Liverpool St, central Auckland :whistle:

Gremlin
10th October 2005, 18:00
lemme guess, you haven't got Super Sams bike because her next bike fell through, now you have a scooter... :crybaby:

I do feel sorry for you :whistle: :dodge:

Hitcher
10th October 2005, 18:24
A tow rope works well. Similarly a bungee attached to a front door handle of an accelerating vehicle...

FA50
11th October 2005, 11:13
lemme guess, you haven't got Super Sams bike because her next bike fell through, now you have a scooter... :crybaby:

I do feel sorry for you :whistle: :dodge:
i was on a mates account, i am actually the 1 with the honda pal

Gremlin
11th October 2005, 15:16
Oh... never mind, I thought you were Spencer... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM?!? :D

Oh, and I feel sorry for you then... :lol: And another option to go 60 would be chucking it on the back of a truck... :whistle:

Sniper
12th October 2005, 13:53
No, you can't get a proper bike if you want to go faster

Ixion
12th October 2005, 13:59
PM Mr Motu and he'll give you the address of the place that sells PowerBands. Two of those and you should be good for at least 100kph. Just remember to make sure that they overlap, or you'll have a dead spot

Storm
12th October 2005, 14:07
So thats who sells the famous Bands- I've wanted those for years after trying them on a mates bike-they're the ducks nuts !!

SARGE
12th October 2005, 14:09
is there an easy way to make 1991 honda pal go like 60kph? like without spending too much money?

push it off a cliff?.. terminal velocity in about 6 seconds

bugjuice
12th October 2005, 14:26
I reckon a big-ass bottle of Nitro and two turbos.. it'd fukin fly.. Carbon fibre fairings, magnisium wheels, lighten and bore the engine, Ohlins shocks front and rear, 3-pot Brembo caliper conversion kit on the front, Ohlins steering damper (at those speeds, you'll need it) full titanium exhuast system, Power Commander USBIII and run it on AvGas.. and I reckon it'd be good for 118kph.. and cost around $20,000 for the full conversion. Drop it by some time, and I'll hook you up..

Coyote
12th October 2005, 14:29
Get someone to push it as you ride it

texmo
12th October 2005, 20:45
PM Mr Motu and he'll give you the address of the place that sells PowerBands. Two of those and you should be good for at least 100kph. Just remember to make sure that they overlap, or you'll have a dead spot
I was at scooterworld helping out one day.... They sent me to scooteremotion to get some shit cant rember now but the list included 2x powerbands, He put some rubberbands in the bag..... Bastards

esspro
15th October 2005, 10:50
push it off a cliff?.. terminal velocity in about 6 seconds

ur pretty funny

texmo
15th October 2005, 11:00
Esspro go to a scooter shop and ask them but it aint worth it I am all up for making scooters go fast, but in your case there is nobody else doing it so makes it expensive.

Racey Rider
15th October 2005, 11:53
A few things I would look at to get best speed out of a scooter are:

Are the tyres at the right pressure. low pressure will create drag and can slow the scoot.

Is the air filter clean? Blocked filter will make motor run rich/ down on power.

Is the throttle ajusted proberly? if not the carburator slide may not be fully open when throttle is twisted fully. - motor down on power.

Are the brakes ajusted well. Brakes that drag badly on the disk/drum will sap power and speed from the scoot.

Is there extra weight on the scooter I don't need? Carrying stuff around that is not really needed today wastes motor power.

Is the sparkplug due for replacement? A worn tip or gap on the plug can cause weak spark. A weak spark can cause poor fuel burn, and less power from the motor.

Does the exhaust need a clean out? Two/s burn oil in with the fuel. often that creates a carbon layer in the exaust. this can block escaping gases from getting out, and restrick the incoming fuel/air load. ='s less power.

At the end of the day,, it's a 49cc scooter. Don't waste money trying hot ups unless you've got money to waste! Hot ups will likely make it unreliable, and a broken down scooter only does 60Km/h on the back of a trailer.
:sunny:

crazylittleshit
15th October 2005, 11:57
ur pretty funny
why thankyou :niceone:

pea
15th October 2005, 14:46
go on a diet...
the salad-plus menu is a good place to start :niceone:

zooter
18th October 2005, 20:24
i'm not familiar with your model, it may well have a restrictor on the exhaust to stop it from going "too fast". If so it will be easy to yank out, just keep an eye on your sparkplug if you're going hard out everywhere.

VasalineWarrior
18th October 2005, 20:35
You could bore and stroke it, or put a bigger carbie on it but work like this would equal or exceed the cost of the bike. Drill some holes in the exhaust so at least it has the illusion of being fast, worked for my ag bike :doobey:

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 10:40

put it on a trailer :Pokey:

bugjuice
3rd November 2005, 10:43
put it on a trailer :Pokey:
dude, why are you draging up every old thread you can find?

texmo
3rd November 2005, 10:58
Cos he wants to be voted sites archivist

bugjuice
3rd November 2005, 11:04
Cos he wants to be voted sites archivist
there's another word for that, you know..

texmo
3rd November 2005, 11:18
no i dont what is it night rider?