PDA

View Full Version : suzuki address ad50 problems

Boosly
16th December 2017, 11:11
the scooter takes for ever to start as i have blocked off the auto choke but not the main issue right now. it splutters and farts around just has no power it gets worse as it warms up to the point where it will barely takes off. when i got it it had a air filter that didn't fit so i got a stock air-box for it. the scoot uses heaps of fuel too so i'm guessing its running way to rich i have dropped the pin on the slide all the way down so its as lean as i can get it without re jetting. also when you do get it up to speed it maxes out at about 48kph then as ignition cut from cdi.

Racing Dave
16th December 2017, 16:58
I think that you've answered your own question.

Boosly
16th December 2017, 17:33
so you reckon try rejetting and what size jet should be in it.

Boosly
21st January 2018, 06:50
so i have since finally got my new carb and put that on it now runs a lot better and choke seems to work as it idles high when cold and then idles down after a couple of minutes and it doesn't bog any more except when it is cold with auto choke still on it seems to hesitate. it seems to go about 50kmh on the flat now. it is also a lot easier to start little bit of throttle and first kick mostly. still seems to use a lot of fuel but it has a small 3.7l tank that you see the gauge go down. its just annoying having to fill it back up all the time

russd7
21st January 2018, 18:36
so i have since finally got my new carb and put that on it now runs a lot better and choke seems to work as it idles high when cold and then idles down after a couple of minutes and it doesn't bog any more except when it is cold with auto choke still on it seems to hesitate. it seems to go about 50kmh on the flat now. it is also a lot easier to start little bit of throttle and first kick mostly. still seems to use a lot of fuel but it has a small 3.7l tank that you see the gauge go down. its just annoying having to fill it back up all the time

don't know what you are worried about, my tank is 23L and i sometimes have to refill three times in a day,

Boosly
21st January 2018, 19:20
just coz its a little 50cc witch cant even do over 50

FJRider
21st January 2018, 19:22
don't know what you are worried about, my tank is 23L and i sometimes have to refill three times in a day,

Mine takes 22 litres ... there are some days when I fill it 5 times ... ;)

russd7
21st January 2018, 19:40
Mine takes 22 litres ... there are some days when I fill it 5 times ... ;)

thats cool but 900 to 1000kms in a day is more than enough for me an i don't do that too often any more

russd7
21st January 2018, 19:42

don't stress. just a little teasing

FJRider
21st January 2018, 19:43
thats cool but 900 to 1000kms in a day is more than enough for me an i don't do that too often any more

Actually ... it's a little over 1600 kms ... :whistle:

FJRider
21st January 2018, 19:46

Get something with a bigger tank ... win win ... :beer:

Boosly
21st January 2018, 19:55
lol it would take weeks to get that many ks up :wait: