PDA

View Full Version : invasion of the Scooters

Cibby
11th October 2005, 08:09
Firstly sorry to everyone who rides scooters, and secondly, this events separately, wouldn’t be worth writing about however.. Together.. I see a pattern forming. :shifty:

1. I was having a late night coffee on mission bay with a friend last last Wednesday, the two scooters parked next to our bikes look ridiculous, however what was more ridiculous is that when they went to leave, we saw them going down the road, swerving.. WARMING UP THEIR FUCKENING TYRES. :weird: what for I asked???? geeze.

2. Driving to work this morning, I saw 3 middle aged males on those new vespa's. The ones with the very pretty pearl finish... One was mint coloured. The 35year old male, also had a mint Helmet... wouldnt be suprised if he had a matching mint HANDBAG in there somewhere. One of the guys was also in a BMW media scooter, the ones with the bubble like cage cover thingy... not only was he wearing white socks with black shoes and black dress pants... (Girls notice these things) HE HAD A FARKEN SEATBELT ON... :tugger:

3. Yesterday I rode my beast to work, I was at the front of a lane at some red lights, a bloody scooter lane split and sat in front of me.. For fucks sake where is the respect... So naturally I had to show my dominance by destroying him of the start line, but seriously, who do they think they are?

Anyways.. That is all I have to say. They are coming to get us.. They are everywhere... Slowing invading...

steved
11th October 2005, 08:11
Don't they know we are superior in every way? 'Cos ours are bigger than their's :apumpin:

Motu
11th October 2005, 08:33
I was going to work the other day on my scooter,with a mate on his scooter...we saw this chick on a Honda of some sort...oh jeez,did you see the size of her arse!! Oh man we were cracking up,I mean...hellooo girl...if your arse is that big don't stick it up in the air on a sportsbike.Some people shouldn't be allowd to ride...

Beemer
11th October 2005, 08:38
While riding around the bays in Wellington on Sunday we saw this woman who was obviously learning to ride a scooter. Bolt upright, she looked absolutely petrified as she crawled along the edge of the road! She had on orange goggles and an open face helmet and she looked bloody ridiculous!

On the same topic, I actually got some waves from scooter riders on the ride - first time EVER!

Sniper
11th October 2005, 08:39
I bet they all drive 4x4's too. :whistle:

Postie
11th October 2005, 08:56
Cibby, you should try riding or driving round Rome one day..... you'll love that.....

Cibby
11th October 2005, 08:59
Cibby, you should try riding or driving round Rome one day..... you'll love that.....

When i rome.. do as the romans do..

Yeah, i have actaully ridden a scooter in Israel, it is similar i believe.

THIS ISNT BLOODY ROME POSTIE! :argh:

Ixion
11th October 2005, 09:07
Yeah, I know what you mean Yesterday I drove my SUV to work, I was at the front of a lane at some red lights, a bloody motorbike lane split and sat in front of me.. For fucks sake where is the respect... So naturally I had to show my dominance by destroying him of the start line, but seriously, who do they think they are?

Cibby
11th October 2005, 09:08
Yeah, I know what you mean Yesterday I drove my SUV to work, I was at the front of a lane at some red lights, a bloody motorbike lane split and sat in front of me.. For fucks sake where is the respect... So naturally I had to show my dominance by destroying him of the start line, but seriously, who do they think they are?

u admited publicly that you drove an SUV

Shame on you.

Lou Girardin
11th October 2005, 09:13
a bloody scooter lane split and sat in front of me.. For fucks sake where is the respect... So naturally I had to show my dominance by destroying him of the start line, but seriously, who do they think they are?

Anyways.. That is all I have to say. They are coming to get us.. They are everywhere... Slowing invading...

HRT overdose perhaps?

Seriously though, a scooterista drew up alongside me on Saturday. I looked around and saw his helmet straps undone, hanging down his neck.
I was going to say something, then I thought of Darwin and didn't.

Motu
11th October 2005, 09:20
He keeps the helmet undone so when he comes across a crashed sportsbike rider wearing sneakers...he can quickly take his helmet of and pop the foot inside,it contains the blood nicely.

MSTRS
11th October 2005, 09:22
They are coming to get us.. They are everywhere... Slowing invading...
Been trying since the '50s. Their heyday had to be around the time of Quadraphenia......ferkin Mods.

Ixion
11th October 2005, 10:30
u admited publicly that you drove an SUV

Shame on you.

Mr Motu and I both drive Pajeros. We have a wee competition going to see who can drive over the most sprotsbike riders. Though he is far far ahead of me, but I hope to learn by emulating his example. When I get one, I record the fact by painting a big arse sticking up in the air beside the drivers door. Best way is to lure them down a gravel road then when they fall off it's easy to drive over them

Can't catch scooters though, they don't fall off the same . I always check the ditches as I drive, usually find a sprotbike or two in there. Never a scooter though. Little buggers must have better survival instincts than sprotsbikers.

A sprotsbike must be the ultimate in "does this make my arse look big" arse-magnification.

enigma51
11th October 2005, 10:46
Those bmw scooter roof thing dont start unless the seat belt is on Dont ask how I know.

the thing that gets me is the scooter owners that ride with no gloves/protective gear except for a open face helmet.

Cibby
11th October 2005, 10:53
Mr Motu and I both drive Pajeros.
A sprotsbike must be the ultimate in "does this make my arse look big" arse-magnification.

haha.. Ixion and Motu. I have obviously insulted you.. I'm sorry. :niceone:

And my arse so does not look big on a bike.. Just FYI...

Lou Girardin
11th October 2005, 11:23
And my arse so does not look big on a bike.. Just FYI...

Photographic evidence please.

Drum
11th October 2005, 11:36
I dont have any problems with scooter riders. So what if they are 'wannabe' riders. Thats their call isnt it? Better than driving around in a cage (something I am guilty of). I have noted their lack of protective gear, but theyre only hurting themselves. My hats off to the brave soul who rides their scooter along the shoulder of the Hutt Motorway every day at 50 km/h.

Storm
11th October 2005, 12:28
I'm with Lou- photos- and we will have Big Dave check them for Photoshopping

sunhuntin
11th October 2005, 12:30
trying to decide who to laugh at first....the two young guys who "tear" past work on a pair of those pocket bike things...chopper style even, or the group of high school scooter riders who "fly" though the underground carpark thinkin their sewing machine engines sound awesome.

skelstar
11th October 2005, 12:43
My best mate has one of the new Piagio/Vespa 200cc scooters. He really digs it but I know he would love to have a motorbike (more because of the ridiculous cost). The trick is that his girl friend is totally against him having a motorbike but is under the illusion that a scooter is safer. In some ways they probably are (I would rather jump off a scooter if I had to). So the theory is that not all scooterers would rather have one maybe.

I too have seen a 50cc scooter nutting along the hutt motorway, but near Haywoods Hill!!! Much respect.

Theres no help for those little mini bikes though.

enigma51
11th October 2005, 12:44
Confesion time
I bought the wife a 50cc scooter a while ago (6 months or so) it was mostly due to the fact that we stay about 10km from work and that parking is free for the scooter. And my bike dont like traffic.

There are one rule for the wife (and me) you aint allowed on it unless she has the proper gear on. (I have fallen to many to times and know how much damage gets done to you even at low speed)

So every morning we ride to my office I get off and she takes over and "scoots" of to work. That costs us $5 a week which means I have more money for fuel over the weekend :niceone: So there it is! So if you see two people on a yellow and silver peugeot scooter dressed like someone on proper bike smile and say hi cause its me and the wife :spudwave:

Fart
11th October 2005, 12:52
Am I still a homo if I put a NOS kit in the 50cc scooter? :whistle:

mstriumph
11th October 2005, 12:58
....... mebbe we need to find out where they are breeding and destroy the nest? :mellow:

DevoDave
11th October 2005, 13:44
Yeh yeh blah blah! Perhaps the Nazis had the right idea, put down anyone who does not conform with your norm.

Regardless of how stupid you think these guys looked there is an up side (believe it or not) the more two wheeled riders on the road, the bigger the lobby group and the greater chance of bikers rights being heard.

Given the chance these guys will see the error of their ways and move up to a "real" bike.

Indiana_Jones
11th October 2005, 13:58
As the good Dr.would say: "We're doomed! We're doomed!"

-Indy

mstriumph
11th October 2005, 14:32
Am I still a homo if I put a NOS kit in the 50cc scooter? :whistle:
you are a deviant if you put ANYTHING into a scooter .... :whistle:

Back Fire
11th October 2005, 14:43
The other day I saw some idiot kid on a scooter doing 60 with his foot dragging on the ground.... apparently it was to difficult for him to lift it up after the last set of traffic lights :tugger:

geoffm
11th October 2005, 17:54
I am thinking of getting a cheap scooter to go to work next year. Cheap running, and free parking. I could take the big bikes in, but the space I have is limited, and the running costs of a big bike in the city traffic will soon pay for the scooter.
Geoff

WINJA
11th October 2005, 18:09
MAYBE THEY WERE WARMING UP THEIR TYRES CAUSE THEY WERE GETTING READY FOR SOME KNEE DOWN ACTION , IF I TRY TO GET MY KNEE DOWN ON THE SCOOTER WITH COLD TYRES IT LOW SIDES

Storm
11th October 2005, 19:19
There was a 50cc scooter with Nos on Trademe a while back. Cant remember what it went for though

speights_bud
11th October 2005, 19:55
yea, saw one on trademe (different one) and the owner claimed to have been pulled over doing 107km/h, but didn't get the ticket because the cops didn't believe it was able to go that fast.... might be a bit of a fish story.... dunno

SlowHand
11th October 2005, 22:30
I dont get the big 500cc scootres, I need to get my full so I can ride a scootre...

Back Fire
11th October 2005, 22:46
I dont get the big 500cc scootres, I need to get my full so I can ride a scootre...
What I find funny is some of those 500cc scooters are as big as a Goldwing...

texmo
12th October 2005, 21:11
The only reason scooter riders dont wear the propper gear is because they are uneducated, Its too easy to get your licence in this country. Yesterday I saw a guy on a 50cc scooter riding up queen st with his helmet on his runner boards having a ciggy. I alwase wear my riding boots scince I got them and full face, jacket and gloves only becasue I know of the dangers of comming off most scooter riders dont even have their licences to drive a bike, Strat the 500cc scooter are great for touring on sit upright automatic crusies at around 160km/hr.... Oh and cibby you know my scooter would take you at the lights...

Magua
12th October 2005, 21:46
Strat the 500cc scooter are great for touring on sit upright automatic crusies at around 160km/hr.... Oh and cibby you know my scooter would take you at the lights...

But......it's still a scooter. Ewww, just eww. :dodge:

Gremlin
13th October 2005, 02:08
cibby can always be had at the lights. She like seeing how much torque a cbr 250 has in 3rd. :killingme

She found the bike distinctly lacking... :rofl:

An essential test for any bike :niceone: