PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha TTR600 fuel

johnny50
1st January 2018, 07:28
Any riders on these TTR600s noticed any real performance difference between the diff octane ratings? I,m using 98 but suspect I,m throwing my money away on this octane fuel?

Henk
3rd January 2018, 20:59
I had one years ago as an adventure bike. Never put anything other than 91 in it. Ran fine. Biggest hassle with that bike was the tiny tank, fixed with a 20l acerbis job. And the fact that if you took the choke off too soon and it stalled you would be swearing at it for twenty minutes.

rudolph
5th January 2018, 08:44
I had an early 80s XT550 witch I always used the highest octane fuel available, it was noticeably harder to wheelie when using 91.

johnny50
10th January 2018, 16:45
I had one years ago as an adventure bike. Never put anything other than 91 in it. Ran fine. Biggest hassle with that bike was the tiny tank, fixed with a 20l acerbis job. And the fact that if you took the choke off too soon and it stalled you would be swearing at it for twenty minutes.

Thanks for that

johnny50
10th January 2018, 16:48

I notice i don,t get much more than 100km before the reserve comes on but its my new toy and the accerlation and noise is addictive.

Henk
14th January 2018, 16:12
I notice i don,t get much more than 100km before the reserve comes on but its my new toy and the accerlation and noise is addictive.

Sounds about right. I think mine was 110 to reserve and 140 to pushing it to the nearest servo.
I was commuting it so filling up twice a week became a hassle. The big tank helped heaps.