PDA

View Full Version : John Britten Memorial Superbike Race Meeting

LB
5th February 2004, 20:03
If anyone's interested, the website for this is www.brittenrace.co.nz

It's being held on 12th-13th-14th March at Ruapuna. There is $75,000 prizemoney at stake (that's a SHITLOAD of prizemoney!!)

Entry forms and all information is on the website.

We're flying down to spectate - it should be a great meeting.

If you know of anyone who races who may be interested in entering, please point them in the direction of the website. Entries close 26th Feb.

iceman
6th February 2004, 06:11
Yeha that sounds really good , when I first heard about the money - I thought great it should really get all those racers out of there caves :Punk: .
Us locals are gonna cruse on in and go for a road run later -cool :scooter:

k14
22nd February 2004, 09:16
Yeah, that looks really good. I will definately be there, although at this stage it looks like i will be push biking out :doh: But it is only 10kms or so, well worth it.

Might see you guys there. :banana:

SPman
24th February 2004, 12:53
This Honda RC45 will be racing down there apparently.

Goddess of Goof
24th February 2004, 22:41
This Honda RC45 will be racing down there apparently.
Awesome bike ! Neat dragon graphic too..........

Hey y'all, is there anyone out there interested in joining together to share travel costs to go down to Christchurch in a car or whatever ?

It'll be a great day and some kick-ass racing ...............the Mainlanders sure can get themselves organised :yes: ...............

Kwaka-Kid
25th February 2004, 15:23
thats right, being raced by Dean Fulton (sp?) who will also be providing the BUS TO TAKE MY VFR400 DOWN!!! YEEEHAWWW CONFIRMED LEAVE TODAY SO I AM THERE! ive never left hte N.I of NZ before and its gonna be great!!! hell yeah baby, here i come ruapuna!

Motoracer
25th February 2004, 15:36
Good luck and have fun down there KK. :niceone:

Kickaha
25th February 2004, 20:24
thats right, being raced by Dean Fulton (sp?) who will also be providing the BUS TO TAKE MY VFR400 DOWN!!! YEEEHAWWW CONFIRMED LEAVE TODAY SO I AM THERE! ive never left hte N.I of NZ before and its gonna be great!!! hell yeah baby, here i come ruapuna!

Well a couple of things to remember,the track goes the opposite way to Pukekohe and it has a lot more corners! :2thumbsup
seeya out there

Kwaka-Kid
25th February 2004, 21:24
HUH?!!! NOOOOO IS IT MOSTLY LEFT HANDERS?! feck, i cant do lefthanders anywhere near as good as right, and im serious. came to taupo and it was sad how poor my left handers were :( anyways gone to total loss system homemade and new homemmade wiring loom (well cutdown old one mostly) seems to work with derestrictor bypassed homemade styles :D

Kickaha
25th February 2004, 21:45
HUH?!!! NOOOOO IS IT MOSTLY LEFT HANDERS?

Relax there are only about 7 left handers and 4 right :laugh:

k14
1st March 2004, 08:02
Does anyone know if there is going to be a guest appearance by a britten for a few laps?? Never seen one before.

Kickaha
1st March 2004, 16:32
Does anyone know if there is going to be a guest appearance by a britten for a few laps?? Never seen one before.

The original intention was meant to have all 10 bikes built at the meeting ,at the Sound of Thunder several people said that wasn't happening and they hope to have 5,no word as to whether any of them will see any time on the track.

k14
1st March 2004, 16:45
Damn, that will be awesome. Guess the collectors in the states with ones were a little weary about letting them out of their sites. But 5 is still a decent effort.

Stroud must be going to do a demo atleast.

Goddess of Goof
1st March 2004, 22:57
Is anyone interested in getting together and sharing expenses to drive down to Ruapuna and back?

Please pm me with contact details if you are interested, and maybe we can organise 3 or 4 people and do this?

Hmmm, maybe no-one wants to be seen driving in their, or anyone's Cage heheh!

:eek5:

Kwaka-Kid
2nd March 2004, 04:44
usually id say heck yeah but i just filled the last place on someone elses race bus :(

LB
2nd March 2004, 04:47
K14: They normally have them do some demo laps at Pukekohe when there's one there, so I would be very surprised if Andrew didn't do a few laps on one, since the meeting's specifically in John's memory.

BestFun: flying down from Wgtn sorry.

k14
8th March 2004, 12:53
Yay, only 4 sleeps to go till it starts :Punk: Cant wait.

LB
8th March 2004, 19:08
What number are you? I'll come and look you up in the pits.

dangerous
8th March 2004, 20:17
Is anyone interested in getting together and sharing expenses to drive down to Ruapuna and back?

Please pm me with contact details if you are interested, and maybe we can organise 3 or 4 people and do this?

Hmmm, maybe no-one wants to be seen driving in their, or anyone's Cage heheh!

:eek5:

Not that its any realllll help to ya, but I can give you a lift from Belfast (the hole 20min's worth. :rolleyes:

Kwaka-Kid
8th March 2004, 21:03
hey Lynda, Names Logan and im Currently Number 35 in F3 (Class 4 in this case) erm, dunno if it will stay 35, as per usual ill prolly get told ot change my number :( anyways i really look forward to it and meeting you there, today my confirmation/tickets arrived in mail! YAY!

Kickaha
8th March 2004, 21:15
I'll be down to visit as well,I'll be out crewing for Glen on the #24 Triumph for the weekend.

LB
9th March 2004, 04:27
hey Lynda, Names Logan and im Currently Number 35 in F3 (Class 4 in this case) erm, dunno if it will stay 35, as per usual ill prolly get told ot change my number :( anyways i really look forward to it and meeting you there, today my confirmation/tickets arrived in mail! YAY!
Will you be there on the Friday as well? I'm there for the three days.

Did your confirmation confirm your number?

Kwaka-Kid
9th March 2004, 04:41
where does it say about my number being confirmed? :S cant see anything that says anything relevant to number. Anyways yeah we will be leaving on wednesday and all going well tehre for all 3 days of racing :D

LB
9th March 2004, 04:42
I haven't seen the confirmation, but I would have thought it would have given your race number. However, if you can't easily see it then perhaps they'll confirm numbers on at the track.

Are you going down with Dean Fulton?

Kwaka-Kid
9th March 2004, 14:45
yup! :) havent met him yet, but i know gary petterson (best damn welshman ever!, well, hes the only one i know and damn is he hardcase!) so yeah. cant wait soo bad

dangerous
9th March 2004, 18:25
Now I'm not sure if I'll get out there so if you lot end up going to a pub for a beer then let me know. I'll try and see if I can get Suzy Q and hubby out to.

k14
9th March 2004, 18:38
Yeah, we have to sort out a place to meet up.

I might come out on friday morning before lectures till about 12. Will definately come out on sunday, but dont think i can make it on saturday.

So what do u guys think we should do about meeting up??

laRIKin
9th March 2004, 19:03
Now I'm not sure if I'll get out there so if you lot end up going to a pub for a beer then let me know. I'll try and see if I can get Suzy Q and hubby out to.

We may turn up as well. It would be good to catch up with Mrs & Mr Suzy Q.
Mr Dangerous pls ring or text me when you know which pub, thanks. :beer:

Maido
9th March 2004, 19:49
anyone else here in g4? see you on the track,

I think this class will be too big!!! considering that all the slow bikes from the G1,2,3 classes will be thrown in here, we will get mobbed off the start!!, I feel for the 125 guys, let alone us in the 250 class! :argh:

130wide
9th March 2004, 19:54
Tony Rees may turn up on an '04 R1, not the one from Paeroa but one shipped in from Oz.
So watch out Suzuki................... :niceone:

LB
10th March 2004, 04:38
Tony Rees may turn up on an '04 R1, not the one from Paeroa but one shipped in from Oz.
So watch out Suzuki................... :niceone:
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

LB
10th March 2004, 04:40
yup! :) havent met him yet, but i know gary petterson (best damn welshman ever!, well, hes the only one i know and damn is he hardcase!) so yeah. cant wait soo bad
Dean's a nice bloke, I don't really know him apart from to say "hi" to but he's always friendly.

LB
10th March 2004, 04:46
Would be keen to meet up with all KB'ers that I can while I'm down.

Perhaps if we met up at one of your pits? What about yours Kickaha, since we know Glen's number? How about 2pm-ish on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That covers those who can only go out there one day.

Dangerous and Chch guys/guyesses: I was going to con Kickaha into taking me for a drink on Friday night, perhaps we could all meet up somewhere? Would a bar at the airport work for you guys? I have to collect Hamish Friday evening so that would suit me well (plus easy for me to find as I don't know Chch that well) Kickaha: I'll give you a call or email sometime soon.

laRIKin
10th March 2004, 15:45
Would be keen to meet up with all KB'ers that I can while I'm down............................................
Dangerous and Chch guys/guyesses: I was going to con Kickaha into taking me for a drink on Friday night, perhaps we could all meet up somewhere? Would a bar at the airport work for you guys?

I don't think the airport is the best, because of the parking and the price of
the beer. Maybe the Russley would be better. 2-3 k's down the road.

LB
10th March 2004, 20:11
I'm offline soon till after the weekend - Kickaha - can you please try and sort something out, and I'll give you a call either on Thursday night or Friday afternoon-ish to see what's been sorted. If you don't sort something with the others it'll just be you and me.....would you be able to cope with that???? :sweatdrop

Kickaha
10th March 2004, 20:14
Well I'll be hanging around Glens Bike (#24 Triumph TT600) don't think he managed to get a pit shed so we'll be under a eziup somewhere.

Going by his post about sidecars I suspect I may already know Lemans but I'm keen to meet KK and any others.

Does Alcohol quiten you down at all Lynda :apint:

LB
10th March 2004, 20:23
Does Alcohol quiten you down at all Lynda :apint:
ah.....no, it has the opposite effect which is why I normally drink coke. (You think I talk a lot sober? Buy me a drink at your peril!!)

dangerous
10th March 2004, 20:33
Lemans is right about the airport the other day I was out there for 50min and it cost me 8 bucks :shit: I'll p/m Kickaha with my ph number and maybe we can sort somthing :)

ps Lynda do you need a lift to the airport on Friday?

LB
11th March 2004, 04:48
Lemans is right about the airport the other day I was out there for 50min and it cost me 8 bucks :shit: I'll p/m Kickaha with my ph number and maybe we can sort somthing :)

ps Lynda do you need a lift to the airport on Friday?

Please see post below - bit of trouble editing and it went a bit wonky so the full reply to you Dangerous (and others) is below.

Kickaha: note how it told me I didn't talk enough......

LB
11th March 2004, 04:51
Thanks very much for the offer Dangerous, but I'm collecting a rental car when I arrive tonight, and will have it all weekend.

I'm happy to fit in with whatever you guys organise, but because I'm not too familiar with Chch and have to collect Hamish at 8.15pm on Friday night, I'd prefer something around the general airport area. Let me know, with detailed address (I've got a map) where to be. Perhaps around 7pm?

I'd be keen to meet up with you and Le Mans (and Mrs and Mr Suzy Q too of course, plus any others), I've got a soft spot for Guzzis (well, all things Italian really, including PF Chili!!)

I might contact my mate John Douglas (white Le Mans) and see if he wants to join us too - I think you know who he is already D.

I'll touch (as it were) base with Kickaha at the track on Friday (shit, that's tomorrow - yeehaa!!) and see what gives.

Bloody hell, it's telling me my message is too short and it can't post it. You'll love that Kickaha, you won't believe that I ever talk too little!!!!!

Slim
11th March 2004, 22:06
The original intention was meant to have all 10 bikes built at the meeting ,at the Sound of Thunder several people said that wasn't happening and they hope to have 5,no word as to whether any of them will see any time on the track.
This made the TV3 Sports news tonight. Apparently there will be 4 Brittens there and they didn't say if they'll be out on the track.

They're hoping to be back again next year for the 10th Anniversary of John Brittens death with all 10 bikes and maybe lure some big name Superbike riders to race too. Fingers crossed for the future then.

130wide
12th March 2004, 21:25
Sorry guys, R1 turned up in Auckland today so to late to get ready. :confused2

k14
13th March 2004, 07:46
Guttered :weep:

Kickaha
13th March 2004, 21:17
Met Lynda at the track and chatted to her a bit,went and found Kwaka-kid and said hello,he was struggling a bit,to many corners for him and he was finding it a little bit harder than he thought.

They tried to fire up one of the Britten's for a lunchtime demo but it wouldn't go,although they ran it for a few laps later.

Kwaka-kid went out for his first race but pulled in after one lap with a misfiring bike which he traced to a faulty fuse making intermittent contact

gav
15th March 2004, 12:07
Anyone see the baby Britten a guy had on the back of a ute in the pits? It was a Honda 650 Bros with hand made Britten body work. Turns out it was a guy I knew, took him two years to make. still unfinished but looks really neat with twin pipes and blue exhaust. Even with the Honda single sided swing arm it seemed to fool a lot of people. Even Andrew Stroud was impressed by it, mentioned to my mate that he could be onto a winner if he could do a kit for something like a Honda VTR1000.

LB
16th March 2004, 04:32
Anyone see the baby Britten a guy had on the back of a ute in the pits?

Hamish saw it on the Saturday and told me about it, but when I looked for it on the Sunday I couldn't see it. Don't suppose you have a photo...??

gav
16th March 2004, 07:27
Hamish saw it on the Saturday and told me about it, but when I looked for it on the Sunday I couldn't see it. Don't suppose you have a photo...??
Nah, sorry no camera with me at the time. Impressed by the new CBR1000RR in the trade teant to, very sweet.