PDA

View Full Version : 2013 cb500f

MRM
4th January 2018, 15:19
Here we have my faithful first bike. I've owned it for a year now but have got my full licence and upgraded, so sadly have to let it go.
Totally accident free and in top condition without even a scratch.
Has around 23000ks on the clock which, since it's a Honda, is not a lot.

It sports a 500cc parallel twin with 47hp. These are a hugely flexible engine with all the power you need and instant torque everywhere in the rev range,
no waiting till the top end of the dial for the power like 300's.
Not only does it have good power, but it uses bugger all gas, around 4L per 100ks on my daily run to work.
Great learner or everyday commuter bike if you are bigger or tall like me. I found the Ninja/Z300 and Y3 pretty cramped even for just the short test rides I did, and I couldn't even fit on the Duke 390!
It's really comfortable with lots of leg room which is a huge help if you do longer rides.
It's also brilliant for carving through traffic, very flickable and manueverable while still being stable at higher speeds.

Yoshimura pipe with a nice deep rumble and brilliant looks.
Front preload adjusters installed so you can tune the bikes handling to your liking.
Modified intake gives a grunty induction roar when you hang it open, and boosts the mid to top end power slightly.
Original intake included so you can quieten it down if you want.
Comes with rear stand and bike cover, as well as the original exhaust.

I looked around for a long time at a lot of bikes before I found one I liked enough to replace the CB500F and ended up with its bigger brother, the CB650F.

Bang for buck, I dont think there is a better bike out there!

Phone 020 40004555
Bike is in Papakura.

MRM
4th January 2018, 15:27
Worked out how to attach pics