PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NC30 VFR400 Motor

Blabz
18th January 2018, 18:51
Hi all,

Looking for a good condition Honda NC30 VFR400 Engine.
Engines NC13E-1200001 through to NC13E-1400001 should suit!

Thanks in advance.

ellipsis
18th January 2018, 19:17
...I've been searching for fresh Unicorn shit for years...

Grumph
18th January 2018, 19:28
Hi all,

Looking for a good condition Honda NC30 VFR400 Engine.
Engines NC13E-1200001 through to NC13E-1400001 should suit!

Thanks in advance.

Why ? In my experience, they're worth fixing just cos of scarcity.
I've rebuilt two that spun bigends without damaging the shaft so unless you've dropped a valve, it's doable...

And for those of you reading who own one, sooner or later you'll do a bigend....the oil holes are badly finished IMO.

Blabz
18th January 2018, 19:39
I've rebuilt two that spun bigends without damaging the shaft so unless you've dropped a valve, it's doable...

And for those of you reading who own one, sooner or later you'll do a bigend....the oil holes are badly finished IMO.

Truth be told I haven't pulled it apart and inspected it myself, just been told it wouldn't be worth the hassle.. and I figured they're likely rarer than unicorn shit :rolleyes:
Ran it dry of oil cause I'm an idiot, maybe it's worth pulling the crank out this weekend and seeing just how bad it really is.

Grumph
19th January 2018, 06:28
Truth be told I haven't pulled it apart and inspected it myself, just been told it wouldn't be worth the hassle.. and I figured they're likely rarer than unicorn shit :rolleyes:
Ran it dry of oil cause I'm an idiot, maybe it's worth pulling the crank out this weekend and seeing just how bad it really is.

You might be lucky, shells are available. Whatever the final heat treatment/surface finish on these cranks is, it makes them more tolerant of abuse than others I could mention.

HenryDorsetCase
19th January 2018, 07:14

do you want to do mine? Serious question.

Grumph
19th January 2018, 08:20
do you want to do mine? Serious question.

Answered fully by PM - but basically no due to health reasons.

Icemaestro
19th January 2018, 20:31
I have an engine here of unknown caliber, milage, running-ness etc, came with a project...

Blabz
22nd January 2018, 11:50
I have an engine here of unknown caliber, milage, running-ness etc, came with a project...

Could be interested, I've sent you a PM.