PDA

View Full Version : It Lives

bluninja
19th January 2003, 17:05
Well, today I finally got round to riding my SV650. It's been sat in the garage since I crashed in September, as I didn't have the use of my thumb for quite some time to fix it. It felt very strange (especially as it's still stripped for racing) as I took it around the block, and as the suspension is a bit like riding on a couple of softly sprung pogo sticks (compared to Ohlins on my RSVR;) ). Still it was good to get it out (as the bishop said to the actress).

I now need to decide whether to keep it as a second occasional road bike and racer, or to convert it to a full on race bike (F3). The former costs very little as it just needs the tank undented and some paint over the scrapes, but I know it will only get used on those days when I don't want to get the RSVR dirty (suppose I could use it in case I want to carry pillion).

So what would you do in my situation ? (Stripping the RSVR for racing and having the SV as a roadbike is not an option for me :rolleyes: )

TTFN

wari
20th January 2003, 07:55
I vote you race the bugger ... I'll come and watch !:bigthumb:

Kiwibiker
21st January 2003, 04:28
Time to go racing

Kiwibiker
21st January 2003, 04:29
Time to go racing :done:

bluninja
28th January 2003, 20:59
Glad you lot talked me into it. As for watching me race; I saw myself racing on the tele, not a pretty sight. I was surprised that any of the riders could get past me I was so wide.

Now I can ride the bike in formula 3 (or winter series if it happens) as is; however I would like to get suspension that doesn't bottom out and scrape anything, and release a few more ponies. I think first on my shopping list is to get some better suspension, and I'm told that GSXR600 forks will do the trick, and some decent shock for the rear. So where's a good place to source these bits from? And who would be able to revalve and respring them for me?

TTFN
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bluninja/sdsv650.jpg

Kiwibiker
29th January 2003, 04:51
Looking good, glad u made the right decsion:cool:

denill
30th January 2003, 19:00
bluninja - Scooter boy wrote - Now I can ride the bike in formula 3 (or winter series if it happens)

This article may be of interest.

Some of the motorcycle press erroneously report that there is nothing in place,or even close to being arranged to replace the now defunct Suzuki Series during the winter.

The Victora Motorcycle Club in conjunction with Sawyer Motorcycles have had bookings in place at Manfeild for nine months and the North Island Cup meetings preceed the start of the Vic Club series.
The dates for both series are:

North Island Cup:
Promoted by - Auckland Motorcycle Club:
March 23 Taupo
April 6 Pukekohe

Sawyer Motorcycles Vic Club Winter Champs:
Promoted by - Victoria Motorcycle Club:
May 24 Manfeild - Final Nth Island Cup and Rd 1 of Sawyer Motorcycles Vic Club Winter Champs.
June 29 Manfeild
July 26 Manfield
Aug 30 Manfield
Sept ? Manfield
Oct 4 - 25/26 Manfield

bluninja
31st January 2003, 08:30
Denill, that's fantastic info. Thanks:bigthumb:

I looked at the Victoria Club site, but it wasn't all that clear whether it was their own, or their own, but taking the place of the Winter Series.

TTFN

denill
1st February 2003, 08:01
For more details on the [2] series contact:

Keith Robinson - Auckland Motorcycle Club
E- mail - keith@pacrite.co.nz

Daryl New - Victoria Motorcycle Club
E-mail - nzmcnews@paradise.net.nz

Good luck.

duke
1st February 2003, 08:13
Keith's e-mail address has changed. Suggest you use