PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle problems

cheshirecat
15th March 2018, 20:21
FB UK Honda VFR group

"So I have suspected for sometime now that my fiancé has been seeing some guy on the side. The usual red flags are there, She hides her phone screen, new underwear all the time, she goes out "playing Pokemon" a lot! I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep. Anyways.. Last night around midnight I hid behind my vfr 800 waiting for her to come home. When she got to the house, she got out of someones car while buttoning her shirt back up, then took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment while i was crouched behind my vfr 800 that i noticed a hairline crack in the rear shock linkage. Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?"

caseye
15th March 2018, 20:50
FB UK Honda VFR group

"So I have suspected for sometime now that my fiancé has been seeing some guy on the side. The usual red flags are there, She hides her phone screen, new underwear all the time, she goes out "playing Pokemon" a lot! I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep. Anyways.. Last night around midnight I hid behind my vfr 800 waiting for her to come home. When she got to the house, she got out of someones car while buttoning her shirt back up, then took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment while i was crouched behind my vfr 800 that i noticed a hairline crack in the rear shock linkage. Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?"

Hell that's serious!
I'd replace the whole thing?????:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Berries
15th March 2018, 22:34
I'd at least tap it with a hammer a few times.

AllanB
16th March 2018, 19:59
A difficult question.

Being a Honda it will most likely run fine for another 200,000 kms.

But, yeah - I'd replace it, just to be sure.

PS - good to she your wife's brother got her home safe.

FJRider
16th March 2018, 20:05
I'd at least tap it with a hammer a few times.

I'd tap it too ... :innocent:

Coldrider
16th March 2018, 20:50
I'd take it for a ride to check for performance, and the odd leak.
While I was at her, I mean it, check whether her fluids have been topped up recently, not sure how to do that, but you may need a rag or two.

AllanB
17th March 2018, 12:27
While I was at her, I mean it, check whether her fluids have been topped up recently, not sure how to do that.

I'd suggest using a dipstick.....

MarkH
17th March 2018, 16:07
Faaarrk! That sucks big time! I wouldn't have a bar of it, better to replace that bracket than have it fail while at speed. No good taking chances with something that critical.

GazzaH
17th March 2018, 18:24
Clearly her hairline crack needs attention.