PDA

View Full Version : Sitting your learners

Astolat
13th October 2005, 12:35
So I'm working on it! Found out about the handling cert.
Finally got the road code from the library (yes i'm cheap):doh:

So next q. How many questions do you get on the test. And how many are general, or motorbike?

Cheers all :2thumbsup

SimJen
13th October 2005, 12:41
Try doing a search or http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/licensing/motorcycle/index.html

Astolat
13th October 2005, 12:49
Thanks for that! Great link

herp
13th October 2005, 15:21
Remember to read the motorcycle road code, it's different to the car. I think in the actual test there are 35 questions and 10 of those questions are specifically for a motorbike (for instance Q. Which wheel of a car should you follow if you are on a bike? A. Inline with right rear etc). It should say it all in the motorcycle road code.

It's pretty easy, if you've been on the road for a while in a car you should have the basic gist of it, I did about two hours study at the library just getting the right answers to the questions then went down to the AA and sat it.

It's easier than you think! Just remember to smile when they take your picture :)

SlowHand
13th October 2005, 17:24
Yeah - read, think, and scratch. And answer what they want you to say, not what YOU want to do.
Ie. When driving in the rain, you should
A. Slow down to the conditions
B. Drive with your handbrake on
C. Drive faster
D. Drive with your hazards on

C & D might not be exact but A&B is pretty much spot on. I REALLY REALLY wanted to tick B, but bikes don't have handbrakes, so I had to go for A

Drum
14th October 2005, 21:22
Isnt your front brake hand operated? Doesnt that make it a hand brake? Point taken though.

Cibby
30th October 2005, 01:34
it is really a piece of piss...

it is the usual car one and then ten questions that are motorcycle related.....

like how many wheels does a motor cycle have?
A) 3
B)5
C)2
D) all of the above.

obviously writtne by really intelligent people.... probably cage drivers.. :whistle: