PDA

View Full Version : New member & new to motorcycles

KiwiPower
2nd July 2018, 16:36
Hi All,

I'm new to motorcycles and just got my first bike a 2017 Yamaha MT-07 LA on Saturday the 30th of June. I've had the bike now for 1 weekend and I've ridden it 3 times in that time. It's a hair raising experience being a new rider taking my street bike down a 2 km gravel road with steep hills, sharp bends and negative camber then onto a 100 km/h road but I haven't been wiped out yet and I haven't dropped the bike yet either :sweatdrop!
Sorry if you've waved at me and I haven't waved back, I was probably in deep concentration trying not to die :shit:

I'm looking forward to some nice weather as I have summer gloves and Kevlar jeans so I can practice and become more relaxed and comfortable while I ride.

caseye
2nd July 2018, 18:34
Welcome to KB, don't go patting yerself on da back just yet, keep practising the art of being where you should be, not where car drivers believe you to be.
New bike, metal road, hummmm, do keep your eyes open and a relaxed grip on your bars and throttle. It won't be long before riding a road bike on metal roads is really no chore, in fact it'll become quite good fun.
Enjoy the new machine, hope the weather gets better for you.