PDA

View Full Version : New Helmet Recommendations

2_SL0
13th October 2005, 22:09
Im looking at upgrading to a new helmet at the end of the yr. Nothing wrong with what I got. Would like a little more quieter. (I have HJC cl14)
Want to spend around $500 dollers. I am looking at A Shark RSF 2 (race), but open to sugestions. I know the ussual story try them on and see what fits. Just after peeps opinions.

Marmoot
13th October 2005, 22:57
save a bit more and get an Arai....you'll never regret the feel :Pokey:

Korea
13th October 2005, 23:00
I've heard Shoei are quiet~ but pricey.
Anybody?

Lou Girardin
14th October 2005, 07:19
Shoei Raid2 has a good reputation for quietness - $499.00 inc. for black. More for graphics. Less 20% on Saturday.
Get a Whisper kit and it'll be quieter still.

Beemer
14th October 2005, 10:09
I've got a Shoei Raid and I love it, my husband has an Arai Condor and he reckons it's the best helmet he's ever had. It's very mucy personal preference but these two brands do seem to be popular and well-liked.

Marmoot
14th October 2005, 12:05
sorry, didn't see the 'quiet' requirements before.
Forget my suggestion on Arai. It's comfortable and safe, but not quiet.

crazylittleshit
14th October 2005, 12:10
I love my hjc :headbang: I've got the FG-14 and It's just as nice as some more expensive one's I tryed?

Korea
17th October 2005, 13:57
I love my hjc :headbang: I've got the FG-14 and It's just as nice as some more expensive one's I tryed?
Another Korean Brand, HJC - quite a lot of helmet for not a lot of money.
Over here CL12 starts from 50,000won (about $70nz!), FG14 153,000won (about $215nz). Full-carbon HQ-1 500,000won (about $700nz)

http://www.hjc.co.kr/

Still, for max protection and quality I'd have to go with Arai (when I've got some money that is!)

Zed
17th October 2005, 14:08
Shoei Raid2 has a good reputation for quietness...I concur, best helmet I've ever owned, and light too!

The Shoei visor quick release system is very good and the visor seal is excellent for keeping rain off the inside of your visor! Oh yeah, the ventilation system is great too...is there anything I missed? Sorry, I have no idea how good they are in a crash! :nono:

bugjuice
17th October 2005, 14:28
Shoei Raid2 has a good reputation for quietness - $499.00 inc. for black. More for graphics. Less 20% on Saturday.
Get a Whisper kit and it'll be quieter still.
what's a whisper kit?
need a new lid myself, but the funds saved seemed to have disappeared somewhere. I tried on two Sharks, one RSF (?) and the next one down. The RSF was nice, and I like the graphics on it, but my chin stuck out the bottom. The next one down wasn't as nice looking, but it fit better. The RSF2 fits well, but it's more than I was able to pay at the moment.. Need to try some other brands too.. My current bargain basement THH is beyond crap.

**R1**
17th October 2005, 14:36
Arai and ear plugs...my 2 cents worth, but it will cost you a lot more than 2 cents i can asure you of that...

2_SL0
17th October 2005, 16:07
Soz Lou I never made it, got to busy. I did however end up purchasing a new helmet in the weekend. Tried on every helmet I could find, ended up with a Raid 2. The Shark just didnt fit my head, thanks for everyones suggestions. :spudwave:

Lou Girardin
17th October 2005, 16:23
what's a whisper kit?

It's a neck curtain and chin guard fitted to the lower edge of Shoei Raid 2's and XR1000's. retails about $60.00 inc.