PDA

View Full Version : squicking the cops

kasper
7th February 2004, 22:57
Have you ever squicked the cops?

First off I should say what squicking is. It is when you cause some one to go huh? or a double take. the candid camera series is an example of complex squicking.

Any way today I was riding down the back streets when I pased a police cruiser I thout am I doign anything wrong? Nope. Ok lets go.

As soon as I hit the down hill part I see them behind me lights a-flashing.

What did I do!?
I thougt so I pull over, still on my bike i look back and they arn't moving so I get off the bike and then they get out of the car! :Police: (what did they think I was going to do?)

Any way once I had taken my lid off I ask whats wrong, they ask to see my licence so I quickly explain that my L plate was stolen recently, and handed over the licence.

When I ask why he pulled me over he says that they thought I had no helmet on. (had the jaguar fur on and my long hair flying) I doubled over laughing so much my sides hurt. They said I shouldn't have a camoflaged helmet on.

I think I made them feel silly becasue they started asking about why I had a collar on (green leather with studs) :Punk: and what my facination with cats were. (had on a T-shirt with a jaguar snarling on the front)
And where I came from etc and some rather personal qustions. good thing they didnt ask about the handcuffs which were hanging off my belt.

Any way after they turned aroudn and left I went on my way and as soon as I was around the corner I stood up on the pegs and rode the entier way home like that jsut to spite them for stoping me. :devil2:

Any stories that you guys have?

Lou Girardin
8th February 2004, 04:03
Don't know about double takes, but I've got a lot of filthy looks when their laser didn't register a speed.
Lou

ching_ching
8th February 2004, 09:29
No squicking as such. But Mr Fuzzwa certainly follows the Corona when I go past. The graphics make you stand out like dogs proverbials.

ching

SPman
8th February 2004, 19:30
Ummmmmm.....once of a Sunday evening taking off from the lights on Maxwell Straight (North Shore), by the KFC, I red lined through the first 3 gears (the road was clear, I know, no excuse):whistle:
What I didnt notice was the cop and tow truck attending to a minor prang across the road. :o The following rider, who was being totally law abiding, said 3 heads snapped around in unison, and followed my swift departure down the road, the cop with pen poised, motionless above his pad,with a total stunned mullet look on his face.
I was accused of doing it on purpose :devil2:

What a bugger I didnt see them!

Ms Piggy
8th February 2004, 22:37
No squicking as such. But Mr Fuzzwa certainly follows the Corona when I go past. The graphics make you stand out like dogs proverbials.

ching

What graphics do you have Ching_ching? Sorry :Offtopic:

I haven't been pulled up yet but I'm sure it will happen - oh the joy. Not.

foy
8th February 2004, 23:53
Here I was thinking that the Police were decent and understanding (naivety?) To me it they sound like a couple of tossers. Feh :(

ching_ching
9th February 2004, 07:15
What graphics do you have Ching_ching? Sorry :Offtopic:

I haven't been pulled up yet but I'm sure it will happen - oh the joy. Not.

Hi Celtic,

Here's a small piccy of my baby in her hutch. Same model as ColdKiwi's I believe.
:Offtopic:
Different graphics which is why it get's the stares. Now if only the rider's ability matched up to the visual appeal of the bike!

riffer
9th February 2004, 07:16
Here I was thinking that the Police were decent and understanding (naivety?) To me it they sound like a couple of tossers. Feh :(
Here's one to restore your faith in the coppers.

On the way to work this morning, riding between Melling and Koroko on SH2 going to Wellington, I was lanesplitting and ahead of me was an HP in a Falcon.

I thought "Oh well, the traffic's stopped, I'll just split past them, making sure I indicate so I'm fully within the law"

Anyway, I go past the cop (who's in the right lane) and just as I'm going past him, the car in the left lane (Pajero - now there's a surprise) decides it's a bad idea for me to do this and swerves to the right to cut me off.

I managed to avoid both cars and whattayaknow? there's the flashing lights. I stop the bike at the side of the road, expecting to get a HUGE ticket, and to my surprise, the cop gets out of the car, tells me to get on my way, and proceeds to give the creep in the Pajero a ticket.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rockon: :rockon:

marty
9th February 2004, 07:41
i was splitting on sh1 between cambridge and hamilton a couple of weeks ago - past a fucking diesel smoke spewing pajero too it was - line of trucks coming - me still on my side of the road, indicator on, hp car behind the trucks. saw his brake lights come on -thought 'nah can't be me' so kept cruising at 108k. almost into hamilton, suddely the hp car is next to me, pointing me in.
'so why'd ya stop me? i wasn't doing anything wrong'
'well, you could have been.......isn't this just a tricked up RGV??? i used to have one of those. have a nice day'

power wheelie into the traffic away from there i did :)

What?
9th February 2004, 08:10
First off I should say what squicking is. It is when you cause some one to go huh? or a double take. the candid camera series is an example of complex squicking.
Are you sure, Kasper? Really, reeeaaallly sure????
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squicking
:no: :no: :no:

marty
9th February 2004, 08:14
well he could always add his own definition, but i think squicking should be left to the sick fucks.

kasper
9th February 2004, 12:29
Are you sure, Kasper? Really, reeeaaallly sure????
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squicking
:no: :no: :no:

i didnt kown that.

most peopel i know define squicking as the way i said before. thaks for the info any way.

What?
10th February 2004, 08:12
Must admit; I'd be quite happy not knowing that, either.
Sometimes google is not nice

Motu
10th February 2004, 17:03
In the good old days when the helmet law first came in we were not too pleased and used to wear all sorts of horrible things just to wind the cops up.One day a mate and I go to the pub to pick up crate of big ones - so I'm sitting on the back with a wooden crate on my lap....a bike cop had been watching us,and as we came out of the car park and onto the road he pulled us over.He's disapointed to find the T'bird is legal and my mate even has a license...but he's not giving up,so starts picking on my mates scuzy helmet - you can't wear something like that,it has to be a legal helmet,not some kids toy helmet.My mate took his helmet off and showed him the standards marking...and that it was exactly the same as the one the he was wearing! standard MOT issue.That shut him up!

dangerous
11th February 2004, 20:46
On the way to work this morning, riding between Melling and Koroko on SH2 going to Wellington, I was lanesplitting and ahead of me was an HP in a Falcon.
I thought "Oh well, the traffic's stopped, I'll just split past them, making sure I indicate so I'm fully within the law"

Ok then would someone please explain to the south Islander what lane spliting is

Now Im thinking that its riding between to rows of traffic eather both going in the same direction or opisite. Eather way I would think that this is eleagle weather you indercate or not. You would most likely be done for dangerous or cearless, indercating or not.

Lou Girardin
12th February 2004, 05:33
If you're for real, dangerous; I'm moving to Christchurch.
Lou

James Deuce
12th February 2004, 06:49
I get the feeling he may be for real Lou.

I drive a car to work and the traffic report on National Radio always goes something like this:

Auckland: Huge litany of issues and tailbacks past Sunset road on the Northern m/w, People building small huts next to the road at Ramarama to have a kip in on the Southern m/w.

Wellington: Some brain dead fool rolled their car on a perfectly straight piece of road with no traffic around them and holdups extend past Melling Bridge on SH2 and Tawa on SH1.

South Island: Nothing to report.

About once a month a sheep staggers onto the 400m of m/w Nth of Chch and creates 2 minute delay, but that's about it!

I've often thought about moving to Chch, but I understand that it is compulsory to wear walk shorts, knee length socks and roman sandals, and an airtex short sleeve business shirt to work if you work in an office. That always put me off.

darren
12th February 2004, 07:03
first time rideing to work in wellington from the hutt
I had a cop up my ass for 30ks
just sitting there waiting for me to do somthing wrong.
pulled up to work and waved to him as he slowly went bye.

I had a vt250 cruiser that looked like a 750 it was only a 250
since then Ive takin the L plate off, is it wrong yes
but at 70Ks on the motorway and a L plate on the back I see it as
a crash waiting to happen.

darren :ar15: :Oi:

spudchucka
12th February 2004, 07:16
Here's one to restore your faith in the coppers.

Anyway, I go past the cop (who's in the right lane) and just as I'm going past him, the car in the left lane (Pajero - now there's a surprise) decides it's a bad idea for me to do this and swerves to the right to cut me off.

I managed to avoid both cars and whattayaknow? there's the flashing lights. I stop the bike at the side of the road, expecting to get a HUGE ticket, and to my surprise, the cop gets out of the car, tells me to get on my way, and proceeds to give the creep in the Pajero a ticket.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rockon: :rockon:

I'm not sure if its true but someone once told me that Pajero in spanish means wanker. How appropriate!!

marty
12th February 2004, 08:58
coming back from welly on sunday, in a hiace van towing a big box trailer, played chicken with the cops all the way. followed one for about 100kms, sitting at 100km/h some 1/2 k behind him. he kept clearing his tail as cars came up behind him, so there was often clear road between us. a couple of times he suddenly pulled left and stopped. i'm picking he was trying to get me in the rear stationary mode antenna, as our speed difference was not great enough to pick me up mobile. if he had have thought for 2 seconds he would have cruised to 90k, or just slowed without braking to 60k, where the speed difference would have had me nailed, REALLY pissing me off, but no. lucky for me i was up to his game, and didn't get pinged at all. what did piss me off though was the laser in sanson, in the 50k area. all that 100k road just begging for speed either side of sanson/bulls, and they're picking grandad up for towing his caravan at 61k through sanson. a lot of bikes on the road - a nice blue blackbird with luggage so big it looked like wings passed me at tokoroa, and a gold gsxr750 or 1000 at ohingiati. i wasn't jealous at all...not

Marmoot
12th February 2004, 09:50
I had one in Sanson. 135kph in 100k zone, passing lane. I passed 3 out of 5 cars and the bloody bastards didn't let me merge back in when the lane closes so I haul ass and passed all of them, otherwise I'd be pulp. In comes the Man from the opposite direction. Out goes 35 points.....

Lou Girardin
12th February 2004, 10:51
That ChCh uniform, do you have to wear that while riding too?
BTW Marty the Stalker can show the same speed on both the target and patrol readouts. There doesn't have to be a difference.
Lou

dangerous
12th February 2004, 17:27
If you're for real, dangerous; I'm moving to Christchurch.
Lou

I've got better things to do than ask questions that I know the friging answer to, so answer the bloody question with out that dorkland hummer (a little canterbury attude)

dangerous
12th February 2004, 17:36
I get the feeling he may be for real Lou.
I've often thought about moving to Chch, but I understand that it is compulsory to wear walk shorts, knee length socks and roman sandals, and an airtex short sleeve business shirt to work if you work in an office. That always put me off.

Yes why wouldent I not be for real Jim?
WTF are you talking about a dress code for? I aint seen anything like that around here....maybe I could ask my old man, somthing like that may of been around in the seventies but you seem to know about it.

So whats the answer to my question thanks

BTW Christchurch is fast filling up with north Islanders by the day, ask youself why that is...

James Deuce
12th February 2004, 17:52
Yes why wouldent I not be for real Jim?
WTF are you talking about a dress code for? I aint seen anything like that around here....maybe I could ask my old man, somthing like that may of been around in the seventies but you seem to know about it.

So whats the answer to my question thanks

BTW Christchurch is fast filling up with north Islanders by the day, ask youself why that is...
Woowowowowow

Lighten UP!

:calm:

dangerous
12th February 2004, 18:31
Woowowowowow

Lighten UP!

:calm:

Opps sorry, I guess that I should have used a couple of icons like ;) Dont worry I'm light as, Hell I'm about you age so I know when I'm being had. If ya give it, then ya gota expect it back.
Sooo... and no shit here I'd still like to know what lane splitting is and how indercating makes it leagel?

James Deuce
12th February 2004, 19:20
Opps sorry, I guess that I should have used a couple of icons like ;) Dont worry I'm light as, Hell I'm about you age so I know when I'm being had. If ya give it, then ya gota expect it back.
Sooo... and no shit here I'd still like to know what lane splitting is and how indercating makes it leagel?
I thought so, but I just thought (being a Nth Island type bastard) I'd see how far you'd go :)

The smilies definitely help, and a bit of banter is really enjoyed 'round here :) :devil2:

LB
12th February 2004, 19:24
I think Chch is a lovely city. And the McDonald's there do REAL meals, for $10.95 - for example chicken breast stuffed with bacon, with apricot sauce, broccoli and steamed potatoes. Can't wait for the SOT/Ruapuna when we stay in a motel opposite Riccarton Mall and I can have it for tea again. And you have a great bike contingent down there Dangerous.

LB
12th February 2004, 19:25
dangerous: do you know JD with the white Le Mans?

dangerous
12th February 2004, 19:36
dangerous: do you know JD with the white Le Mans?

Well its funny that you ask cos in the Guzzi world every one knows every one.
But as I'm bloody usless with names then i will need a few more details ie; Mk? as I know a couple of white Le Mans.

You mentioned in the radar detecter thread that your Hubbi has a 1100S is that a MG 1100sport?

LB
13th February 2004, 04:34
Well its funny that you ask cos in the Guzzi world every one knows every one.
But as I'm bloody usless with names then i will need a few more details ie; Mk? as I know a couple of white Le Mans.

You mentioned in the radar detecter thread that your Hubbi has a 1100S is that a MG 1100sport?
Not sure of the Mk sorry, I've only seen it once. A really keen rider. He did the Southern Cross last April, goes to lots of rallies. His name is John Douglas, but all his mates call him JD. He's also got a Kawasaki dirt bike. Dark hair, really nice bloke. Him and a few mates are crating up their bikes and going to Europe in May.

Do you go to the Guzzie rallies? The last one was in Greymouth I think it was, perhaps Westport, at Labour Weekend. Previous one was in Napier. Have got a couple of keen Guzzi mates here in Wgtn who go to them.

Hubby's bike is a BMW R1100S.

dangerous
13th February 2004, 17:30
Not sure of the Mk sorry, I've only seen it once. A really keen rider. He did the Southern Cross last April, goes to lots of rallies. His name is John Douglas, but all his mates call him JD. He's also got a Kawasaki dirt bike. Dark hair, really nice bloke. Him and a few mates are crating up their bikes and going to Europe in May.

Do you go to the Guzzie rallies? The last one was in Greymouth I think it was, perhaps Westport, at Labour Weekend. Previous one was in Napier. Have got a couple of keen Guzzi mates here in Wgtn who go to them.

Yep, know the fella but not that well. A good mate of theres is a mate of mine he has a Mk4 and two Mk3 and a chook chaser aswell (Rik Cowan) Hes been asked along for the OE trip.

Yep, again I've done the last Two MG rallys in the S/I they are rather quite not your usual rally but good value catching up with people you havent seen for a while. The weard thing about this rally is that every were you look theres them funny looking V2's none of which are the same.

dangerous
13th February 2004, 19:30
Ok then would someone please explain to the south Islander what lane spliting is

Ok..... now I could start the post like this 'F me its a simple question a simple person could answer it' But I wont clown around any more ;-)
So instead Id like to say thank you to the person that P/M me with the answer.

Now, I have an understanding of what your roads are like up there, and why you have this term 'lanespliting'
As we dont need to do this down here to get to work on time or whatever. I did figger that it is what was explained to me and if you were to try this manover the A holes down here would knock ya off just to despite you, hell the cars do it to them selves. I think that you may have the % of traffic but we have the % of anti bike wankers.

Deebeeriz
13th February 2004, 19:47

Now Im thinking that its riding between to rows of traffic eather both going in the same direction or opisite. Eather way I would think that this is eleagle weather you indercate or not. You would most likely be done for dangerous or cearless, indercating or not.
I was ticketed for it. According to the cop if I undertook in the same lane I was breaking the law as long as I was on the right of the lane I was Ok. this was on the m/way and the traffic was crawling.I pointed out to him that the first rule is keep left, and had the cages been doing that I could not have undertook them and would have been able to get by on the right of the lane, it did not work instant fine $150

Two Smoker
13th February 2004, 20:31
Thats stink, was the traffic stationary? u can legally pass on the left as long on the traffic in tht same lane is stationary or is turning right. If the traffic was moving (even slowly) ur stuffed and will get ticketed:disapint:

pete376403
13th February 2004, 23:15
Kiwi Rider mag had a pretty comprehensive letter from a cop about the legalities of lane splitting - as I read it its virtually all illegal and they will write you up for it, especially if they are not making quota.

DEATH_INC.
14th February 2004, 08:52
No,you are allowed to lane split on the right,as deebeeriz mentioned.

Racer X
14th February 2004, 11:07
Does it really matter if it's legal or not? If the traffic is slow enough and thick enough for most lane splitters then how exactly is the cop gonna catch you?? :scooter:

marty
14th February 2004, 18:50
That ChCh uniform, do you have to wear that while riding too?
BTW Marty the Stalker can show the same speed on both the target and patrol readouts. There doesn't have to be a difference.
Lou

not in same lane mode it won't. in opposite yes. that's if the unit is a DSR model, if it's the older 'dual' model it can only do opposite lane or stationary. i don't know if the central highway units have the dsr, but i'm presuming the VY model commodores are fitted with them.

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 20:52
Does it really matter if it's legal or not? If the traffic is slow enough and thick enough for most lane splitters then how exactly is the cop gonna catch you?? :scooter:
EYE BALLS AND YOUR NUMBER PLATE.....go figure....

wkid_one
14th February 2004, 20:53
No,you are allowed to lane split on the right,as
Legally NO. You are not allowed to share a lane with another moving vehicle at ALL.....Lane splitting is ONLY permitted when traffic is stationary and is NOT PERMITTED at any other time.

This has all been posted before.......I can't remember when - but I actually quoted the LTSA Transport Act with the clause.

Here you go found it HERE, (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=841)

You will generally get done for -

illegal lane change
failure to stay within your designated lane
reckless driving
dangerous driving
depending on the mood of the cop.

PS - word of warning......cops have been briefed in Wellington to look out for lane splitting with the whole focus on 'Accidents happen at Intersections'.

riffer
18th February 2004, 08:27
PS - word of warning......cops have been briefed in Wellington to look out for lane splitting with the whole focus on 'Accidents happen at Intersections'.
That's just bloody marvellous. At least half my morning journey has to be lanesplitting.