PDA

View Full Version : Hi and what to do with DR650 Suspension

WakoJako
23rd October 2018, 13:44
Glad to be on the forum. I just picked up a 2017 DR650 last week after being on a Husaberg 450 for 2.5 years. Other than the extra weight to handle it has been a dream and hopefully many happy miles ahead. Much like the DR650 I am also a heavy guy and as far as I understand the DR can do with with some suspension work. I would like to know if there is anyone or person around Auckland that can help. What has been good budget fixes or does it need a full revamp? I am sure there are some threads but thought as an introduction it’s a good starting point.

fridayflash
24th October 2018, 21:02
hey jako

welcome to kb, good bike btw but yep they feel a bit budget in the suspension dept! speaking budget, i just dialed up a shit load of preload at the back
, like about 80mm or race sag (which helped the bike turn in much better) and put heavier oil in the forks and rode it. you could spend money getting getting cartridge emulators installed in the forks and a bit of trickery and a heavier spring to the rear shock no doubt but i havent ridden one with those kinda mods done to comment on how much of an improvement they give

bikaholic
29th October 2018, 20:49
Join Adventure Riding NZ facebook, lots of members have DR650s, post your question on there and you will get lots of answers on where, if any, to spend your dollars on suspension.

pete376403
29th October 2018, 20:59
DRZ400 front end is considered good (better than standard DR, anyway) and not a difficult swap. Look on advrider.com