PDA

View Full Version : The ride into work this morning.

TheDemonLord
4th December 2018, 08:27
Stormy Weather, Power was out, riding through the middle of a Thunderstorm.

EPIC.
AS.
FUCK.

At one point there was a lightning strike ~100m away - that was awesome.

Hugo Nougo
4th December 2018, 09:02
Wow, thats some commitment to work, nothing like being hit by lightning to know your alive. had a similar experience at an epic events boundary buster, watching lightning hit the ground 2-5ks away on hills below us, we proceeded to get the flock out of there.

Big Dog
4th December 2018, 09:10
One of the best things about working in IT is working from home when it suits.

I've yet to take a weather day, but this isn't the first time I've been WFH when the Auckland weather has been like that.

Cadbury
4th December 2018, 09:46
My "ride" to work today was in a Q300 flying from New Plymouth into Auckland. Ours was the last plane in before the airport shut down, and we landed through the thunderstorm, with lightning around the plane. We were then stuck on the tarmac for 20 minutes until it passed as we were unable to approach the gate, and the airport would not allow staff and machinery to be on the apron. Bugger riding to work through that.

RDJ
4th December 2018, 09:47
Stormy Weather, Power was out, riding through the middle of a Thunderstorm.

EPIC.
AS.
FUCK.

At one point there was a lightning strike ~100m away - that was awesome.

Hell yeah.

SaferRides
4th December 2018, 12:17
It was really wild for a while this morning. Almost constant lightning and thunder, not sure I'd want to ride a bike through that!

TheDemonLord
4th December 2018, 12:46
It was really wild for a while this morning. Almost constant lightning and thunder, not sure I'd want to ride a bike through that!

In my head, I was listening to some Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0

russd7
4th December 2018, 17:38
that took its time heading north, we ha that on sunday nite, the box got shut off, the curtains opened and we sat there watching the show out the window, was awesome

Fresh Oats
4th December 2018, 18:43
Yea, got absolutely soaked this morning.
The great thing about the rain though is that you get all the motorbike parking to yourself.

Swoop
4th December 2018, 18:43
Yup, a great ride into the city today! Seriously dark indeed. Impressive amounts of rain and lightning.
Some people chose to take their 4-wheeled transportation.:killingme

bikaholic
4th December 2018, 19:14
I took the car so my keyboard wouldn't get wet. The air con came in handy at 29 deg C.