PDA

View Full Version : KDX200 vs KLX450?

nzspokes
19th December 2018, 16:36
Getting back into trail riding. Random thought today of getting a KLX450 to replace my KDX200.

I believe the KLX is not a rip your arms off 450.

Im an average trail rider but not fast. I make it around Farm rides eventually. Thinking about it for the electric leg and less time worrying about jetting.

Thoughts?

george formby
19th December 2018, 16:54
Getting back into trail riding. Random thought today of getting a KLX450 to replace my KDX200.

I believe the KLX is not a rip your arms off 450.

Im an average trail rider but not fast. I make it around Farm rides eventually. Thinking about it for the electric leg and less time worrying about jetting.

Thoughts?

In recent months a number of 450 riders I know have said they are going back to 2ts. With leccy legs. The big 4t's are tiring to ride being the reason given. All gentlemen of a certain age and puku size.
I guess open farm rides would be fun but when the going gets tight they are a handful.

Have a play on one is the only real answer.

What about a 2 fiddly 4t?

scott411
19th December 2018, 19:46
my old man has both in his shed, unless you are doing big km's in single days the KDX is still his choice,

the KLX is a very mild 450, and a good trail ride bike, but its alot heavier feeling than the KDX,

nzspokes
20th December 2018, 07:46
my old man has both in his shed, unless you are doing big km's in single days the KDX is still his choice,

the KLX is a very mild 450, and a good trail ride bike, but its alot heavier feeling than the KDX,I did wonder about the weight. Probably stick with the KDX.

Might buy it a flash carb then get it dynoed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

scott411
20th December 2018, 09:01
best mod to do to a KDX is a fork swap, to late model KX125 or 250F forks,

or at least a heavier fork springs and a valving change,

the carb is pretty good, not much point in upgrading it IMO, maybe bore it if you really wants,

motor wise, mods worth doing are, pipe and muffler, but most of them got sold new with them,
a rad valve, (or a v force if they do them) would be the only thing worth doing,

in the end of the day, i would not do anything to it, just ride it, if you want something faster/newer better handling, then get a newer KTM/Gas GAs beta etc,

if you really want a good mod and a project, find a late model 250F thats blown up, and change the kdx motor into one of those,
04-05 KX250F and 04-06 RMZ250's are the easiest as steel frame, alot easier to mod than the alloy ones,

nzspokes
20th December 2018, 09:40
best mod to do to a KDX is a fork swap, to late model KX125 or 250F forks,

or at least a heavier fork springs and a valving change,

the carb is pretty good, not much point in upgrading it IMO, maybe bore it if you really wants,

motor wise, mods worth doing are, pipe and muffler, but most of them got sold new with them,
a rad valve, (or a v force if they do them) would be the only thing worth doing,

in the end of the day, i would not do anything to it, just ride it, if you want something faster/newer better handling, then get a newer KTM/Gas GAs beta etc,

if you really want a good mod and a project, find a late model 250F thats blown up, and change the kdx motor into one of those,
04-05 KX250F and 04-06 RMZ250's are the easiest as steel frame, alot easier to mod than the alloy ones,Yeah it has kx125 forks, pipe and boysen reeds.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

husaberg
20th December 2018, 20:17
KLX450 VS KDX200 Anything more than two strokes is masturbation

nzspokes
23rd December 2018, 07:02
Thinking of running one of these.

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.php/2stroke/kdx.html

scott411
28th December 2018, 12:11
Thinking of running one of these.

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.php/2stroke/kdx.html

i knew a guy that put on a exc300 and raved about it, never heard of anyone putting one on a kdx,

george formby
28th December 2018, 12:23
i knew a guy that put on a exc300 and raved about it, never heard of anyone putting one on a kdx,

Merckan dude, Dirt Bike Channel I think, on youtube, put one on a KTM. He liked it.

As I just mentioned in the spooge thread, flat slides are available. Might even look into one for my CRM. Then again, runs like a Swiss watch and is a bit much for tight trails already so maybe not.

Oh look, Lectron Review by Kyle (https://youtu.be/sEOwE8szdKM)

nzspokes
8th February 2019, 06:06
Guuna keep the KDX. Ride yesterday confirmed that.

Getting the tune sorted. Fitted an Ohlins out of a Gasgas which works a lot better.

The KX forks are quite harsh but Im sure I can sort that.

Thinking I will auto clutch it.