PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki SJ50QT strange issues...any ideas?

Roachmann
13th January 2019, 19:45
Hi all, so I have been fighting a losing battle with my suzi for a few months now. As a foreword, I am relatively familiar with 2 strokes, and passably mechanically adept.

The little B***h will sit on the stand and idle all day if I let it, but as soon as it's given some herbs it will act like it's starving for fuel, it dies completely but will go back to idling if I let my hand off the throttle.

So far, I have:

-Pulled carb off, cleaned and blown all jets and passages clear, and checked float height which looks kosher.

-Installed new NGK spark plug

-Filled up with fresh gas

-Replaced inline fuel filter

-Cleaned stock exhaust, which appears to be nicely free flowing.

-Sprayed CRC around carb manifold gasket, no change to engine speed.

-Checked variator assembly just in case something funny was going on there, all clear.

-Checked fuel flow to carb, fine.

-Checked compression, feels fine.

I am fast running out of ideas on what else it could be, it isn't acting like any crank seal issue I have ever encountered, as it will sit and idle fine. It might rev out on the stand for <5 seconds if I'm lucky, until it dies again. Do you folk have any ideas?

robajs
14th January 2019, 05:22
have you checked fuel flow from the tank? coil breaking down under load? air flow? the filter may be collapsing .

Roachmann
14th January 2019, 06:22
have you checked fuel flow from the tank? coil breaking down under load? air flow? the filter may be collapsing .

Yup, forgot to mention the air filter has been replaced recently, cleaned it once problems started happening to no avail. And fuel flow from tank is fine.

Drew
14th January 2019, 07:13
Safety switch.

Roachmann
14th January 2019, 08:25
Safety switch.

Is there any chance you could please elaborate on that?

Drew
14th January 2019, 09:38
Some scooters have a safety switch on the stand, so the bike wont rev with the stand down.

Roachmann
14th January 2019, 11:14
Some scooters have a safety switch on the stand, so the bike wont rev with the stand down.

Good point thanks, but not the case with my one sorry.

Ginge09
28th February 2019, 11:27
Head gasket? Try the spray trick around the barrel. Nothing too flammable.