PDA

View Full Version : After 16 years...

LaughingGnome
15th October 2005, 13:15
We sold our bikes 16 years ago after starting to grow some kids. Well, they're old enough to look after themselves now, so we're back on two wheels.

I'm buying my lady a bike for her birthday. Now she has no excuse for not getting her licence - she's been riding bikes since she was 15. Need to be responsible parents...

We're picking her bike up Labor Weekend - 1991 Yamaha FZX250 Zeal. She likes it. 4 cylinder, but sounds pretty nice. :niceone:

And just so she's not lonely on the road, I'm picking up a 1986 Honda CMX450 Rebel from the same shop on the same day. Finally! I can stop taking the damned train into town to work. :woohoo:

We'll be cruising from Lower Hutt back over to Paraparaumu Saturday morning. After that, where we'll end up is anyones guess... Man, I hope the weather is good... :ride:

Dadpole
15th October 2005, 13:22
Welcome to the madhouse. A few years away is about what I had too, but being back on 2 wheels is finding a special type of freedom again.

oldrider
15th October 2005, 13:24
Congratulations and good luck to you both. Cheers John.

riffer
15th October 2005, 23:01
Congratulations.

And remember for next weekend - if you're going back over Paekakariki Hill Road, stay as far away from the centreline on the corners - the car drivers cut the corners and it's bloody scary sometimes even if you're used to riding.

Welcome back to motorcycling. It's a great feeling. I was away for 14 years or so. Got back into it only two years ago (coincided with my moving back to the Hutt Valley).

Are you getting the bikes from TSS? They do a good monthly ride you want to join in on - just so you can all get back in the swing of things.

sels1
16th October 2005, 18:48
Welcome aboard the site. More Kapiti KBers - good stuff.
Yours is a familiar story......

Jabez
17th October 2005, 11:59
Welcome....:)

skelstar
17th October 2005, 12:07
Welcome coasters! Theres quite a few KBers out that direction! Make sure you guys get out on one of our rides some weekend.

DemonWolf
17th October 2005, 12:09
Welcome =)

judgeshock
17th October 2005, 12:15
Have fun out there, i just got my new baby to and oh how i had missed riding. :headbang:

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 11:10
welcome to the site, enjoy, please leave it as you found it and watch out for the trolls :niceone: