PDA

View Full Version : Croz rides a Harley!

SaferRides
25th January 2019, 13:03
Today's Herald (25 January) has a comment on A29 written by Graeme Crosby about rider training. Like many of us he stopped riding during the family years, but when he started again, it wasn't on a Suzuki but a Harley!

It's a good article, but I can't find a link on the Herald website. I'll have another look later and scan it if it's still missing.

Berries
25th January 2019, 14:06
Was in the ODT last week but just looked like some more preaching from a born again so never read it.

https://www.odt.co.nz/opinion/older-motor-cyclists-more-risk-testing-shows

pritch
25th January 2019, 15:26
He seems to be featured in Ride Forever TV ads lately? I was half asleep at the time but I seem to recall something like that.

SaferRides
25th January 2019, 17:20
Was in the ODT last week but just looked like some more preaching from a born again so never read it.

https://www.odt.co.nz/opinion/older-motor-cyclists-more-risk-testing-showsYeah, that's it. Might get through to someone, but most of the target audience probably don't know who he is.

jellywrestler
25th January 2019, 17:29
Yeah, that's it. Might get through to someone, but most of the target audience probably don't know who he is.

who is he?

Berries
25th January 2019, 19:40
He did that money or the bag thing didn't he?

AllanB
25th January 2019, 20:07
I had some of his signature boots and saddle bags in the 80's. Sold them about 10 years back as they were just gathering dust - got good money as a couple chaps were bidding on them for their period correct motorcycle collection.

Side note - WTF is it with born again riders and Harleys? So they haven't ridden for 20 years or so and go buy one of the heaviest bikes around (real 'Merican Iron).

HenryDorsetCase
25th January 2019, 20:13
I had some of his signature boots and saddle bags in the 80's. Sold them about 10 years back as they were just gathering dust - got good money as a couple chaps were bidding on them for their period correct motorcycle collection.

Side note - WTF is it with born again riders and Harleys? So they haven't ridden for 20 years or so and go buy one of the heaviest bikes around (real 'Merican Iron).

If you buy a new one you get an instant social calendar and circle of friends, heaps of people to go riding with, and tons of events to go to.

I keep saying this too: the modern ones I have ridden have been great to ride. quick enough to beat traffic, comfortable to sit on, and within their parameters decent brakes and suspension action. The other thing is this: I saw nearly 200 indicated on my way to work the other morning (yes, running late) and riding a Harley does not encourage that sort of stupidity on her Majesty's highways. Good for licence retention, not to mention life retention.

SaferRides
25th January 2019, 21:07
who is he?He was a pretty decent racer in his day.

tigertim20
25th January 2019, 21:11
Side note - WTF is it with born again riders and Harleys? So they haven't ridden for 20 years or so ...

It makes sense really.

you havent ridden in decades, you want a new bike but are concerned about being exposed to the speed and performance improvements that comes with progress and development, so you buy a new bike that has the handling and performance of the bikes from decades ago!

merv
25th January 2019, 21:41
who is he?

Haha, well he wasn't much of a sidecar man, but then the amount of times that guy Spyda must have mentioned his name at recent classic events I imagine he dreams of him in his sleep. ;)

scott411
26th January 2019, 06:24
wasnt Crosbys Motorcycles. (that later became red baron in auckland) a HArley Dealer in the early 90's?

and i am pretty sure i remember Graham helping someone out with a 883 when they had the 883 race class is nx, he may have even owned the bike,

Swoop
26th January 2019, 13:35
the modern ones I have ridden have been great to ride. quick enough to beat traffic...
From experience, they are normally the ones holding up traffic in lane 2a...
Wobbling about and revving their farty-noise generators to get tin-tops to move out of their way.

jasonu
26th January 2019, 13:39
If you buy a new one you get an instant social calendar and circle of friends, heaps of people to go riding with, and tons of events to go to.

Not that I want a harley but all that sounds like good fun.

scumdog
26th January 2019, 14:23

AND you get to irritate a lot of people just by the fact you own one!:msn-wink::niceone:

buggerit
26th January 2019, 14:35
AND you get to irritate a lot of people just by the fact you own one!:msn-wink::niceone:

more are giggle from me, happy days:D

HenryDorsetCase
26th January 2019, 14:45

someone I know went from a suzuki to a Harley, went to a rally and was asked to judge a wet T -shirt competition. As he said "Well that never happened when I rode a Suzuki...." The winner could look after two sets of keys and still have a beer in each hand....

Laava
26th January 2019, 15:41
That's a bit like when you transgender over from a female to a male!
Allegedly! 😂🤣😘

jellywrestler
26th January 2019, 17:13

yip, and stump up with the cash for ten years membership and you become a life member, easy as that, the hard part is sewing on the badge, bit different to other clubs

AllanB
26th January 2019, 17:51
I'd own a Harley - but not brand new.

Because I'd be stripping all the shit off it so it was a bare bones machine.

FJRider
26th January 2019, 18:30
I'd own a Harley - but not brand new.

Because I'd be stripping all the shit off it so it was a bare bones machine.

Take the motor out too. Makes them easier to push ... ;)

AllanB
26th January 2019, 20:54
Take the motor out too. Makes them easier to push ... ;)

You made beer come out my nose!

husaberg
27th January 2019, 14:07

Harley riders don't even get taught the KB wave

F5 Dave
27th January 2019, 20:11
someone I know went from a suzuki to a Harley, went to a rally and was asked to judge a wet T -shirt competition. As he said "Well that never happened when I rode a Suzuki...." The winner could look after two sets of keys and still have a beer in each hand....

Ahh. Sex as a spectator sport.

jellywrestler
27th January 2019, 20:22
Ahh. Sex as a spectator sport.

doesn't that pretty much sum up your life?

F5 Dave
27th January 2019, 20:28
Only if God is watching me do the missus.

My little white bum goes up and down pretty fast.

But I hear he like watching Catholic priests in preference else he'd stop it.

Murray
27th January 2019, 20:34

Pics or it didnt happen!!!