PDA

View Full Version : Henderson Valley repairer? Or nice person

Boostinu13
13th March 2019, 12:13
Hi wondering if anyone can recommend a good motorcycle mechanic that is close to Henderson Valley. I am in Opanuku area. Cant really afford to replair it right now but in the near future.

Need my chain tightened and I do not have a torque wrench and socket or a stand. Also have a weird rattling, ticking sound need to get sorted but annoyingly it is intermittent.. Hoping it is the chain.

Unless someones really nice and wants to help me out of the goodness of there heart :)

Thanks

nzspokes
13th March 2019, 14:09
Auckland motorcycle services in waitakere. Just up the road.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Boostinu13
13th March 2019, 14:17
Auckland motorcycle services in waitakere. Just up the road.

Thanks for this, only a 17 minute drive.

Btw could a loose chain affect the engine? Cause any ticking or knocking?

nzspokes
13th March 2019, 14:28
If the motor is knocking when the bike is running but not moving then the mot0r is at fault. If when moving then maybe chain.

Ginge09
15th March 2019, 20:57
...and consider getting the gear you need to tighten your chain. It's basic maintenance and most of us learn to do it ourselves rather than paying a bike shop to do it. Not hard. Not sure you'll need a torque wrench to do it.

Stand can be made from beer crate, milk crate, blocks of wood, trolley Jack etc. Improvise!

Boostinu13
15th March 2019, 21:00
...and consider getting the gear you need to tighten your chain. It's basic maintenance and most of us learn to do it ourselves rather than paying a bike shop to do it. Not hard. Not sure you'll need a torque wrench to do it.

Stand can be made from beer crate, milk crate, blocks of wood, trolley Jack etc. Improvise!
Yea got a front and rear stand from torpedo 7 for $110 so was able to do it. Main reason wanting a mech is due to a noise I that I can't setermine what it is

Scubbo
17th March 2019, 08:57
I have a torpedo 7 paddock stand set (V type for rear bobbins and "universal" type I used on the front) you can HAVE if you pick them up from mangere bridge --- theyre not wide enough for the cbr but worked on the RF and smaller just let me know if interested and i'll dig them out