PDA

View Full Version : Converting an oil injection CCI system to premix

rudolph
20th March 2019, 20:47
I use to own Yamaha DT 175s and an AG175 in my younger days, and been wanting something like that for a wile, I got the other day a 1984 YZ250 witch has a Suzuki TS185 motor shoehorned into it, it has the CCI injection removed witch feeds the LH main bearing witch now has lots of play, got another motor witch had a broken CCI cable and that has a bugged LH main to, I had an idea to cut a channel from the oil gallery in the cylinder accoss to the transfure port and plug both oil feeds, then it should be able to chuff up the little hole and get some mixture flowing through the bearing what do you reckon? 341353

rudolph
21st March 2019, 10:42
Theft hand crank bearing is a special bearing, it has an oil slinger, I will get rid of this to.

Grumph
21st March 2019, 12:05
Have you thought this through ? You get rid of the oil slinger and the CCI and you'd need to cut slots in the big end eye of the rod for access to lubrication.

Maybe you have done this before ?

rudolph
21st March 2019, 15:01
Have you thought this through ? You get rid of the oil slinger and the CCI and you'd need to cut slots in the big end eye of the rod for access to lubrication.

Maybe you have done this before ?

It already has slots in the middle rod witch is nice.

rudolph
21st March 2019, 17:12
The rod is also used in the PE175

F5 Dave
22nd March 2019, 19:17
I'd, and have, drill the hole central in transfer straight down in the centre.

rudolph
24th March 2019, 06:41
I'd, and have, drill the hole central in transfer straight down in the centre.

That would be ideal but the cace would need to be built up with weld on the other side so there was something to drill through.

F5 Dave
24th March 2019, 17:51
Ah. Faith drilling.

May God, and The Force be with you.

husaberg
24th March 2019, 18:33
That would be ideal but the cace would need to be built up with weld on the other side so there was something to drill through.

Which side the primary drive said can be oiled from the transmission lube and the mag side would have had a oilway std wouldnt it.
Looks like the Silver bearing out of a RG250 might work as well, but check i think there were two widths of Rod.
if there is no oilway on the mag side from the transfers you can gle a tube into the drilling. But if the seal is on the outside on the mag sise and the inside on the primary drive side no drilling is really needed?