PDA

View Full Version : German Endurists are looking for contact...

Enduroreisende
16th October 2005, 13:00
Hi, your Kiwibikers!

We are new here in the forum and in the country, too!
Some word to us: Our english isn't very good (you can see, I think...), me (Christian) an my best "back-passenger", Tanja, are here since mid September for starting our (long-planned) worldtour by bike :banana: ! We drive a 1991 Honda Africa Twin, the only one, that was build for really long-distances :cool:
We are germans, 33 and 38 jears old, and we have got 19 month (now, 18 left) time to discouver the world. The plan is to start in NZ (4-6 month) , then travel through AUS, Asia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Orient, northafrica and then finally go home to germany.
What we want is to meet nz-bikers, maybe to stay some time together, when it is possible. We have a tent, so a good place "on earth" in your garden, will be enough for us.
Is there anybody, who have interest to meet us? Please mail us.

Now, we stay in Whitianga (Coromandel Peninsula) and Wednesday we want go to Rotorua. If there is somebody interesting to meet us, this will be great!

Next weekend we want go further to Mt. Egmont (Taranaki). Maybe is there someone?

Hopefully, to drink some beer together. :drinkup:
Tanja & Christian
www.enduroreisende.de

onearmedbandit
16th October 2005, 13:20
Welcome to the site and our country! I must say I'm envious of your trip, something I'd dearly love to achieve before my time on this planet is done. The forums are a little quite during the day, most posting is done by those of us stuck at work. Come the evening I'm sure you'll find many people here will be able to offer help and advice. As for myself, I'm in the south island so a little out of your way.

Best of luck for your travels!

Zapf
17th October 2005, 17:36
keen on doing a trip of the far north of the north island?

or even better... follow the footpath of the grand challange.

DMNTD
18th October 2005, 08:24
Give me a buzz if ya gonna hit Whangarei and beyond. :niceone:
Sounds like awesome riding ahead!

DemonWolf
18th October 2005, 08:49
You are more than welcome to 'Camp' or use the spare room when you are in Taranaki... Give us a PM for when ya thinking of heading this way.. etc.

Cheers

vifferman
18th October 2005, 08:53
Aargh!! Must resist... must resist... not ready for divorce... last visitor still hanging around....

oldrider
18th October 2005, 13:50
Has anyone actually been in contact "with" these people in NZ?

Are they actually here or is this a way to get information to their Webb Site in Germany?

Sent them a PM with details to contact me when they get to the SI.

Feeling suspicious and foolish now. :slap: John.

onearmedbandit
18th October 2005, 14:55
They PM'ed me saying they'd like to get in touch when they arrive in the SI. Had a look at their website, if it is them (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then they are quite well set-up, lots of sponsers on board etc.

juzzer
18th October 2005, 19:46

Are they actually here or is this a way to get information to their Webb Site in Germany?

Sent them a PM with details to contact me when they get to the SI.

Feeling suspicious and foolish now. :slap: John.

Yup - me and Yoshi meet them in Wellsford about a week ago...nice couple :niceone:

oldrider
18th October 2005, 23:33
Great news guys, I would be happy to see / help them when they come down here. Hope they reply to my PM. Cheers John.

RiderInBlack
19th October 2005, 07:09
Give me a buzz if ya gonna hit Whangarei and beyond. :niceone:
Sounds like awesome riding ahead!Yep, please don't miss us out. Bed&Breakfast (free) here for you (just PM me). Had Marcus the Austian stay here last year. He was traveling on a TDM850 and did 15000Km in New Zealand (his KB name was brockhaus (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=589) ). He had some dirt roads and the Ninety Mile Beach as well.

MacD
19th October 2005, 07:49

Here's a Google translation of their blog (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fenduroreisende.blogg.de%2 F&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8) (lots of great mis-translations of course - "hot desired Cape Reinga"). Looks like they've headed down to Coromandel.

For those who read German, here's the original version (http://enduroreisende.blogg.de/).

The_Dover
19th October 2005, 08:12
Juzzer, I think the ones you met were the german nudists. These guys are riding a bike not flashing their tackle.........

juzzer
19th October 2005, 08:17
Juzzer, I think the ones you met were the german nudists. These guys are riding a bike not flashing their tackle.........

Hmmm - good point..i do tend to get easily confused.....But they drink beer - so all good :niceone:

RiderInBlack
19th October 2005, 10:08
Here's a Google translation of their blog (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fenduroreisende.blogg.de%2 F&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8) (lots of great mis-translations of course - "hot desired Cape Reinga"). Looks like they've headed down to Coromandel.

For those who read German, here's the original version (http://enduroreisende.blogg.de/).Bugger, missed them. Looks like they enjoyed the North anyway:niceone:

HDTboy
19th October 2005, 11:52
I'm in Rotorua if you want to go for a beer, my bosses are German too (BMW shop)

Enduroreisende
19th October 2005, 20:59
Hi to all helpfully people!

Thank you so much for your helpfully and unbelievable friendly answers to us!!!
We haven't got a look into the internet each day, because we are on tour. So it happens that we answer late, sometimes. Sorry, for this!

To them, who offers us a friendly welcome in Whangarei: Thank you very much, but we are finished the northland-tour. :crybaby:

To all others: (we hope) we sent PM's now.

This forum is unbelievable! We never had imagine that there are so much people who are interested to meet foreign bikers. A good example for germany culture, we think :whistle:

Hope to meet as much as possible! Soon!!!
Tanja & Christian

Enduroreisende
19th October 2005, 21:03
I'm in Rotorua if you want to go for a beer, my bosses are German too (BMW shop)

Hi,

now we stay in Kawerau, arrived today! In the next days we want to see Rotorua and have a big interesting to drink a beer in the evening. :drinkup:
Meaby Friday or Thursday, or Saturday? Make an offer! Please say when and where.

cu drinking beer
Tanja & Christian

HDTboy
19th October 2005, 21:11
I won't be in Rotorua on Friday or Saturday evenings. If you want to go for a beer tomorrow evening we can arrange it via private message

oldrider
19th October 2005, 21:15
I have had a reply to my PM and they sound like they are good guys.

I wonder how that would translate to German by Google?

Hope to see them when they venture South. Cheers John.

C&C-rider
20th October 2005, 11:57
Wo sinn se denn wo sinn se denn ?

Hi yall , just saw the thread. Im new to this site due to bumping into a biker angel onda street who told me of the site yayyy.

I would be happy to assist in Wellywood and speak fluent german .hehehehe

Also meldet Euch

C&C rider

Macktheknife
21st October 2005, 21:32
Welcome to NZ, hope you have a wonderful time, ride safe.

C&C-rider
22nd October 2005, 07:35
Hi MAck ,

Ima import meaning I already live here over 3 years but thank you for welcoming me again! :)

Smoggie
9th November 2005, 17:05
Greetings, If you are heading towards Wellington, you are quite welcome to stay here. Will even give me a chance to see how much German I can remember, after serving in Germany with the British Army.

Beemer
15th November 2005, 11:53
Are the Germans still in NZ? I missed this post last month and then we had Mac staying, but we'd like to extend some hospitality to you both if you are heading our way. We are in Levin, which is about 100kms north of Wellington and 50kms south of Palmerston North. We have a spare room and plenty of safe, secure garaging.

I don't speak German but I have a friend who lives in Germany if that counts! If you are still here and plan to head this way, please send me a PM and I can give you directions to our place.

Faye and Andy

oldrider
16th November 2005, 10:12
They are in Canterbury at present Faye, working their way South. Cheers John.

Beemer
16th November 2005, 13:44
Thanks, John, I'll send them a PM to say they are welcome here if they plan on heading back up the North Island.

rammstein636
23rd November 2005, 18:24
Aren't we an accomodating nation...

Alles gute zum Ihren Motorrad reisen....or something, my grammar sucks.

oldrider
27th November 2005, 16:44
Are the Germans still in NZ? I missed this post last month and then we had Mac staying, but we'd like to extend some hospitality to you both if you are heading our way. We are in Levin, which is about 100kms north of Wellington and 50kms south of Palmerston North. We have a spare room and plenty of safe, secure garaging.

I don't speak German but I have a friend who lives in Germany if that counts! If you are still here and plan to head this way, please send me a PM and I can give you directions to our place.

Faye and Andy
Hey Guy's, just had an E-mail from them. They are in Hokitika and then on to Haast. We should see them about 7/12/05 Cheers John.

Beemer
28th November 2005, 13:49
They are heading our way in early January, and the amazing thing is, they live 20kms away from a friend of mine in Germany, and she actually works in the town they live in! Looking forward to meeting them and showing them some hospitality.

Beemer
8th January 2006, 11:31
Tanja and Christian left our place this morning, heading for Hamilton and then Auckland later. We thoroughly enjoyed their company and were genuinely sorry to say goodbye! If anyone is thinking of offering them some hospitality in the time they have left in NZ - DO IT!!! They will be in Auckland for about 10 days I think, and as their tent will be sent on to Australia with their bike, they would love to have somewhere to stay other than a backpackers. They both speak very good English and are a lot of fun.