PDA

View Full Version : Bike down & the towies

speedpro
18th April 2019, 20:46
At the end of Universal Drive just before Lincoln Road I noticed a bike on it's side all broken(front end) just where I turned into the shopping centre. I suspect it was the old zooming between rows of cars just by the mall entrance and somebody puller in/out and he was collected. No obvious rider.

When I came out towies had arrived with a flat deck truck. They had the ramp down, the bike was more or less upright, and a hook was around the front of the bike. They were dragging it up the ramp and it wasn't a happy thing going by the noises being made as the bike was dragged along. It wasn't a bad looking black V-Rod. I only got a quick look, traffic and all that, but geez, way to make sure it is properly screwed. Initially I thought a new front end might have saved it. If I was the owner I would be pretty pissed at how they were loading it

pritch
18th April 2019, 21:24
If I was the owner I would be pretty pissed at how they were loading it

Looking on the bright side, they might have turned his bike into a write off. Not a very bright bright side though. :(

AllanB
18th April 2019, 22:43
With modern stuff hitting the ground so much gets F-ed up that a write off is often the better result unfortunately.

jasonu
20th April 2019, 14:25
I've never seen a good looking v rod.