PDA

View Full Version : My new jacket also protects against ...

Oakie
16th October 2005, 20:33
Got a brand new Fieldsheer jacket for $100 off a guy who sells them on Trade Me. It was waiting for me when I got home from cricket on Saturday so Mrs Oakie and I decided to go for a spin in the country today just to see how it worked (brilliant). Any hoo, we toodled about 40 km north of Chch to a boutique brewery called 'Brew Moon' and partook in an 'Amberley Pale Ale' each. :drinkup:
Being of ample foresight, I emptied the bladder before we left to return home... but Mrs Oakie scorned the opportunity and waited for me at the bike.
About 10 km from Chch and at about 120kph I felt a dig in the ribs ... turned to ask "what?" and heard Mrs Oakie say what I took over the wind noise to be " Cnrf ye stmmff ant Kaiapoi phets ar nm bstgm" I took this to be a reminder "not to go through Kaiapoi please because of the bumps" (hurts her healing broken leg too much). I avoided Kaiapoi and rode on reasonably happy that I had translated properly but there was still a nagging doubt. Stopped at the first traffic lights in Chch and asked what is was she said back there. She said "I asked you to go into Kaiapoi because I'm busting (for a pee)". Feeling a little guilty at the discomfort I inflicted on her I decided to take a shortcut and went reasonably fast to get my lady home. Unfortunately I hadn't considered the bumpiness of the secondary road and of course I managed to hit most of the bumps and felt her clench her nether regions at each one. Finally got home and as she gingerly climbed off the bike I asked "We're not too late are we?" At this, she pulled a horrified look and punched me hard on the shoulder ... right on the armoured bit. Priceless! Certainly hurt her a lot more than me and she didn't have time to hang around for a second swing. So there it is guys. CE armour also protects against wive's left hooks!
Go on ... hands up all those who thought this story would end up with her peeing on my new jacket?

Jantar
16th October 2005, 20:37
:Punk: Well its the closest smilie I could find to a hand up. :)

thehollowmen
16th October 2005, 21:35
bwahahahah
had me giggling

crashe
16th October 2005, 21:40
Awwwwwwwwwww poor Mrs Oakie...

You deserved that left hook. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Waylander
16th October 2005, 21:46
Next time she'll aim for the head, suggest leaving helmet on.

ducatilover
16th October 2005, 21:47
lmfao.

atleast its weather proof........ :devil2:

Oakie
16th October 2005, 21:53

Thanks for the support!!!!

Mrs Oakie

2much
16th October 2005, 21:54
Haha, nice story and yes, my hands up.

BTW, had a Feildsheer jacket and found it to be excellent, good quality, it never leaked and even protected me well when I decided to slide down the road at 70k on my shoulder.... much better than the dririder jacket I now have, for both comfort and build quality.

ducatilover
16th October 2005, 21:59
Haha, nice story and yes, my hands up.

BTW, had a Feildsheer jacket and found it to be excellent, good quality, it never leaked and even protected me well when I decided to slide down the road at 70k on my shoulder.... much better than the dririder jacket I now have, for both comfort and build quality.
i currently use a dririder jacket. i have a leather jacket on hold its rrp is 380, but i got it on special for 250 :niceone: dririder jackets are good, but then again its the only jacket like that ive ever owned....what would someone sujest for pants?? i have a set of kb1 or something but they have a melt hole in them from my zorst...i might get some draggin jeans for the summer.

2much
16th October 2005, 22:08
Only had the Dririder jacket for a couple of months and 1 of the velcro bits is coming off and the stitching on one of the arm dome clip thingies has come undone.

Highly recommend Draggin jeans, even tested then in the same slide and still have a left kneecap thanks to them.... posted a bit about them somewhere a couple of months ago but can't be arsed searching for it.

Oakie
16th October 2005, 22:09

Actually, just to add insult to injury I should mention that in the 3 months when she was unable to ride, she stored her helmet safely on our bedroom floor and at some stage the cat came in and pissed on it (or possibly in it). She discovered that when she put it on again for the first time. (Makes mental note to ALWAYS leave helmet on dresser)

oldrider
16th October 2005, 22:17
[QUOTE=Oakie
Go on ... hands up all those who thought this story would end up with her peeing on my new jacket?[/QUOTE]

You hooked me good. We can't even fart in our leathers so you held my curiosity to the end. Well done. Funny. :niceone: Cheers john.

parsley
16th October 2005, 22:21
Actually, just to add insult to injury I should mention that in the 3 months when she was unable to ride, she stored her helmet safely on our bedroom floor and at some stage the cat came in and pissed on it (or possibly in it). She discovered that when she put it on again for the first time. (Makes mental note to ALWAYS leave helmet on dresser)
ROFL

Note to self: Invent catproof helmet.

Ixion
16th October 2005, 22:22
ROFL

Note to self: Invent catproof helmet.

Easier solution. Eliminate cats

SlowHand
17th October 2005, 16:17
Exploding helmets - upon contact with Peeeeee. It will never happen again, altho you might shit your pants - even better, go commando!

Oakie - you had me hooked real good!

speights_bud
17th October 2005, 17:00
Yep Oakie, you got me! My hand is a right up there with everyone elses!