PDA

View Full Version : Fxdf rear tyres

Ngunguru massive
16th July 2019, 17:42
2009 Fat bob and eats rear tyres for breakfast had the dunlop the metzeler me880 and me888 , the metzelers only lasting a few thousand kms. Don't get me wrong I'm after performance over longevity but these are ridiculous, anyone got suggestions (other than slowing down), I'm thinking of trying the pirelli night dragon.

Katman
17th July 2019, 08:47
The Avon Cobras come with a very generous amount of tread from new.

Danger Dave
17th July 2019, 10:03
2009 Fat bob and eats rear tyres for breakfast had the dunlop the metzeler me880 and me888 , the metzelers only lasting a few thousand kms. Don't get me wrong I'm after performance over longevity but these are ridiculous, anyone got suggestions (other than slowing down), I'm thinking of trying the pirelli night dragon.

You could try the New Bridgestone H50 these should give you good life and grip, depending on hard you are on the throttle ;)

Ngunguru massive
19th July 2019, 00:17
Cheers , yeah I realize this issue as much to do with my right hand as anything else .

sidecar bob
19th July 2019, 07:57
Cheers , yeah I realize this issue as much to do with my right hand as anything else .

It may also be related to the size of your bob.
Have you considered a mildly obese bob instead of a fat bob?

old slider
23rd July 2020, 11:17

I disliked the OE Dunlops D427s in the damp but they were sweet once warmed up and in the dry, tended to follow road tracks a little but not too bad, they lasted the longest out of several brands. The michelin Scorcher 32s are good tyres, but you wont get much more than 7- maybe 8000kms, even less probably with a heavy hand.
My 96ci bob is putting out around 100hp rather than the stock 64hp which dosent help the rear tyre.

Owl
26th July 2020, 17:25
My 96ci bob is putting out around 100hp rather than the stock 64hp which dosent help the rear tyre.
My KTM does that in rain mode.:whistle:

Sorry ;)

old slider
13th August 2020, 21:49
My KTM does that in rain mode.:whistle:

Sorry ;)

Dont be sorry, lol

I agree with 1600+cc you imagine bigger HP, but the Torque and all day riding comfort, also dont forget that exhaust sound everyone knows is the icing on the cake.