PDA

View Full Version : I've got one of these.....

Pushrodtwin
25th August 2019, 07:47
I see by using the search button that there are, or have been, a couple of others lurking amongst the membership. Are there any more out there?

F5 Dave
25th August 2019, 19:43
Yeah a mate has one of those
It's a Lexus yeah? His is white. Or is that a a Dihatsu? I'm not up with bonnet emblems.

Honest Andy
25th August 2019, 20:37
Never mind the car, I want the garage door opener. It's such a drag having to manually lift up the door...

Seriously, it's important to remember that any Italian motorcycling pedigree has scooters at its heart :yes:
Even if it isn't critical to own one here and now ;)

Pushrodtwin
25th August 2019, 20:46
Oh, the thing on the left, it's just another kitchen appliance, I should have left it out. Out of the bike space that is.:brick:

Seriously, it's important to remember that any Italian motorcycling pedigree has scooters at its heart. Yeah so do Hondas don't they, was the first one a Cub?:yes:

speedpro
25th August 2019, 21:52
I see by using the search button that there are, or have been, a couple of others lurking amongst the membership. Are there any more out there?

Mate in the air force had one of those.

pete376403
25th August 2019, 23:00
Pretty sure Motu had one of these bikes, but havent seen him on KB for quite a while

jellywrestler
26th August 2019, 09:49
Mate in the air force had one of those.

roy gardiner?

speedpro
26th August 2019, 13:29
roy gardiner?

That's the one

Pushrodtwin
27th August 2019, 19:15
roy gardiner?

Crikey, that character! You & your mate, Speedpro, might like to PM me, I think you've spelled his name wrong. :confused:

Motu
7th September 2019, 19:30
Yes, a long time since I've been here, opened the site in boredom, and this is the first post I saw.

Yes, I have a Stornello, a blue one, and Roy Gardiner had a red one. The original importer was also a member here...it took me a long long time to find the man responsible for bringing the Stornello's to NZ. I got mine going again about 5 years ago after not being used for over 20 years, last rego on the plate is 1988. Not a restore, just a strip and rebuild, only new parts were tyres and tubes, a chain and carb kit last year after the banjo broke. Rego expired years ago, I just hoon around our back roads on it, it's still good fun, WOT everywhere, scrapping the pegs at small lean angles. I smashed the instrument panel in 1985 when I rolled it in a highside, so I had to make some instrument pods for it. Now, how do you post pics here now ?

Motu
7th September 2019, 19:59
It's on the transporter because it broke a chain on one of my fist rides, going up Otorohaea Trig Rd. Loving the right side shift, I never make a mistake. When I first got it going I was commuting 400km a week on the Airhead - one ride on the Stornello, and next day I'm braking with the gearlever, trying to shift with the brake pedal. Muscle memory....straight back to the '70's.

So, what's the story with the red one...are you an original owner, or who's was it ? I know who had the first ones, and some who them later. I was one of the original buyers, we went down and got them all, 5 I think.

merv
7th September 2019, 20:00
Yes, a long time since I've been here, opened the site in boredom, and this is the first post I saw.

Hi Motu, good to see you are still around. I check in here reasonably regularly but don't post as often as I used to. Have fun :cool:

Pushrodtwin
14th September 2019, 21:44
It's on the transporter because it broke a chain on one of my fist rides, going up Otorohaea Trig Rd. Loving the right side shift, I never make a mistake. When I first got it going I was commuting 400km a week on the Airhead - one ride on the Stornello, and next day I'm braking with the gearlever, trying to shift with the brake pedal. Muscle memory....straight back to the '70's.

So, what's the story with the red one...are you an original owner, or who's was it ? I know who had the first ones, and some who them later. I was one of the original buyers, we went down and got them all, 5 I think.

I tried posting a reply to this a while ago, must have pushed the wrong button??
I bought it new, it's one of the five you and Phil Dolan picked up from the mower shop Hamilton. 32761Km.

jasonu
15th September 2019, 05:07
Never mind the car, I want the garage door opener. It's such a drag having to manually lift up the door...
)

There ya go. Cheap as chups...
https://www.homedepot.com/s/garage%2520door%2520opener?NCNI-5

Motu
15th September 2019, 20:35
I tried posting a reply to this a while ago, must have pushed the wrong button??
I bought it new, it's one of the five you and Phil Dolan picked up from the mower shop Hamilton. 32761Km.

Roy and Tom got the reds ones...Tom's one ended up with Leslie M, I haven't come across her for many years. Leslie D had a green one from new, sold it when she went to OZ with Phil, not sure who got it now. Good to see them still around...has it been reliable ? Mine broke a crank, same as one of the first ones sold. I had a new mainshaft made...$150, you could probably add a zero to that nowdays. I saw that a blue 160 was stolen maybe last year. The only other blue one was the first sold, maybe that was it...maybe not ? Still a stink thing to happen to a rare bike.