PDA

View Full Version : Yamuda

Korea
17th October 2005, 14:25
<i>What did you say about my mother?</i>

What do you think about these YAMUDA fairings, eh?

A company in Daegu, S.Korea has been making these YAMUDA (which is Korean dialect for 'Strong' and 'Powerful') R1 (the K1) and GSXR (K2) style fairings in race-replica colours for a few years.
Aimed at smaller bikes, they're cheap and sexy and are a big hit with students, newb riders, and well, everyone.

They fit well on DAELIM Roadwin 125's, HYOSUNG COMET's, EXIV'x (like mine) and I think they'd be great for anyone who has trashed their FXR150 or RG fairings. I've even seen a CBR400RR wearing a set of 'YAMUDA's. NZ250's too for that matter.

I don't know if importing these fairings to NZ would violate NZ copyright law regarding the fairing style / colours / or logos. Does anyone know more about that?

What's the cost of fairing repair and/or painting in NZ?
Over here, a set of YAMUDA fairings with all the lights, fasteners, indicators, even a petrol tank cowl, et al. would cost sub-$700nz.
But then there's shipping, import tax(?), and GST. Does anybody know more about these?

I'm in close contact with the company so I might be able to look into send ing a few of these kits over if there's enough interest.

I'd love to hear your opinions, cheers.

**R1**
17th October 2005, 14:42
they all look like R1's!! even the ones in honda, kawasaki colours, but if i had to ride a little bike id be in2 it...

zadok
17th October 2005, 14:45
Why don't Yamuda have a website?

Korea
17th October 2005, 14:56
Why don't Yamuda have a website?
They do, but it's mostly Korean.

http://www.motojic.com/

When you go there, to display korean characters properly you may need to change your browser settings. On IE:
Click VIEW >>> ENCODING >>> KOREAN (possibly under the 'MORE' list)
This will help you see the Korean text but not neccesarily understand it!:)

zadok
17th October 2005, 15:00
They do, but it's mostly Korean.

http://www.motojic.com/

When you go there, to display korean characters properly you may need to change your browser settings. On IE:
Click VIEW >>> ENCODING >>> KOREAN (possibly under the 'MORE' list)
This will help you see the Korean text but not neccesarily understand it!:)
Hmmm....."page couldn't be found, check....."

skelstar
17th October 2005, 15:04
Woooo *low Comet whistle*.

James Deuce
17th October 2005, 15:07
Here's the Customs regs for Commercial Import.

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers/Commercial+Importers/default.htm

WRT
17th October 2005, 15:09
Do they come painted and ready to bolt on? Seems like a fantastic idea for those waiting out their licence period . . .

gamgee
17th October 2005, 15:19
haha yeah for those who buy a bike solely for it's looks, can just imagine some gn250 owner rolling up next to a wrx with his bolt on r1 fairing, and the wrx owner thinking oh shit i haven't got a chance then they notice the sound the bike is making, hang on that sounds like a single aaaahaaha

Mental Trousers
17th October 2005, 15:20
That's the sort of thing that young ones would really get into. They can tart up a little machine while they're on their learners just like they could with a car. Customize the crap out of the things. Brilliant.

Hell, they're probably cheaper than buying new OEM fairings so they could be used as crash replacements.

skelstar
17th October 2005, 15:21
That's the sort of thing that young ones would really get into.
He he...33 years old young!!!

Mental Trousers
17th October 2005, 15:26
Well skel, you're only as old as the woman you feel :niceone:

Korea
17th October 2005, 15:26
Do they come painted and ready to bolt on? Seems like a fantastic idea for those waiting out their licence period . . .
Yeah, totally ready to go out of the box. They have a pretty big range of colours. You can have just about any of the GP bike colours (Rossi, Gibernau, etx.), some of the WSBK colours, or they do specials, like the REPSOL colours but at extra cost.

Thanks for the link JIM2 - I'll check it out.

gamgee
17th October 2005, 15:32
why does it cost more for repsol etc? surely they are using the same pain, just putting it in different places?

nudemetalz
17th October 2005, 15:34
haha yeah for those who buy a bike solely for it's looks, can just imagine some gn250 owner rolling up next to a wrx with his bolt on r1 fairing, and the wrx owner thinking oh shit i haven't got a chance then they notice the sound the bike is making, hang on that sounds like a single aaaahaaha

oooiiii you !!!!
Not all singles are slowwww....

gamgee
17th October 2005, 15:38
no just all the 250 singles ;)

WRT
17th October 2005, 15:40
I got a 250 single that aint too slow . . . if you can get grip.

Fourth gear wheelies off throttle alone . . .

nudemetalz
17th October 2005, 15:40
cheeky bugger, that GamGee....

gamgee
17th October 2005, 15:43
I got a 250 single that aint too slow . . . if you can get grip.

Fourth gear wheelies off throttle alone . . .
haha yeah but thats a 2 stroke dirt bike

WRT
17th October 2005, 15:44
Well, you didnt specify ;-)

nudemetalz
17th October 2005, 16:07
Well, at least my NZ beats GN250's (if not VT's).......

Not really much of a claim to fame (no offence GN owners)

Korea
17th October 2005, 17:23
why does it cost more for repsol etc? surely they are using the same pain, just putting it in different places?

...because they do most of the painting in-house but contract out the nicer/more complicated designs to the MACO painting factory.
http://www.macokorea.com/
(er... also all in Korean, sorry) :crybaby:

gamgee
17th October 2005, 21:36
my FUCKING idiot of a brother just knocked my bike over and smashed the front fairing, i'm making him pay for a new fairing so can you get one for a vt250f? if so he'll buy one off you

gamgee
17th October 2005, 22:00
arrrrgh i am sooooooo pissed off right now!!!! that bike was in mint condition, not a friggen scratch on it, then my tosser of a brother decides he wants to park his heap of shit boyracer style civic in the garage, so because my bike was in there he had to take it all the way out, and his girly bogan arms obviously aren't even strong enough to hold a 250 up and dropped my precious, he didn't even say sorry, but my parents are making him pay to repair it, either that or i'll get my insurance company to sort the cunt out :argh: incase you hadn't figured it out i don't get on at all well with my brother at the best of times and this has just pushed me to breaking point

gamgee
17th October 2005, 22:16
it's going to be near on impossible to find a good set of vt250f fairings for it, so can anyone make some recommendations about what i should do? is there anyone in NZ who sells aftermarket fairings? this has got me so fired up, i was so close to smacking him, nobody touches my bike except me!!!!!!

Brian d marge
18th October 2005, 03:44
Tell you what I would do ..if I bought a race rep new bike /...is take the stock fairing off mothball it ,,,stick one of those yumuda fairings on ..ride said bike normally ,,,
come to resale time ,,,stick original fairing back on .....

a very tidy bike sir ,,,,

Stephen