PDA

View Full Version : SHIFT all-mesh jacket for summer

Marmoot
17th October 2005, 17:05
Just got one for only $200 (and it's red.....just like my bike).

it's not too light for all-mesh jacket (I've had a lighter $400 cordura jacket before), but quite stylish. Perfect for in-city riding.
The armor panels look quite ok, but I don't put a lot of confidence in the fabric.

Wind flows freely inside, and would be very suitable in hot day. But at night, even with my thermal liner (taken from my spidi jacket) in it the areas around the upper arm and torso gets quite a cold breeze.

Movement is quite easy (much easier if compared to leather) as the material is quite thin, but the shoulder armor panel is very awkward and can sometimes get dislodged (i.e., need a bit of fidling around to fit comfortably).

Overall, I only use this jacket for in-city riding where I need clean and light jacket (not like my leather jacket) so it fits the purpose. Why I bought it? Because it is cheap and fits the purpose..........Good value, I guess. :niceone:

PM me if you are interested in where I bought it from. I'm not advertising or endorsing this seller due to personal reasons. :mellow: