PDA

View Full Version : If you were planning on riding The Forgotten World Highway...

pritch
18th October 2019, 12:53
https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/116660853/big-slip-on-forgotten-highway-threatens-tourism-and-freight-links

nzspokes
18th October 2019, 13:42
So take a light weight ADV bike then.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Laava
19th October 2019, 15:13
Meh! Minor detour thru Ohura. No probs...

pritch
19th October 2019, 17:03
So take a light weight ADV bike then.

Need to be a lightweight adventure bike with a big tank which is toward becoming an oxymoron.

nzspokes
19th October 2019, 18:33
Need to be a lightweight adventure bike with a big tank which is toward becoming an oxymoron.Mine does 550ks on a tank. And is light.

Jeff Sichoe
21st October 2019, 11:13
i'm 6 foot 2

that's two measurements

wait a sec

BMWST?
22nd October 2019, 20:12
i'm 6 foot 2

that's two measurements

wait a sec

i didnt know thay could stack manure that high:girlfight:
the detour would add to the trip IMHO i think we went that way once when i just told the gps to take me the most direct route to whangamomona from tauraunga

bistard
23rd October 2019, 07:17
We are heading there on bikes in February, hopefully will be repaired by then ?? Or not??

Laava
23rd October 2019, 10:54
There is an easy detour. No problem.

mc4aregreat
24th October 2019, 23:36
the road through Ohura is better anyway. where the slip is , is the most boring part of the whole ride. Ohura has to be seen bacause it is a ghost town with the widest boulivard main st ever. I stopped there once for a smoke with not a sole about, and some tourists came along and just had to take a photo of me and the bike all alone..

Blackbird
25th October 2019, 09:48
the road through Ohura is better anyway. where the slip is , is the most boring part of the whole ride. Ohura has to be seen bacause it is a ghost town with the widest boulivard main st ever. I stopped there once for a smoke with not a sole about, and some tourists came along and just had to take a photo of me and the bike all alone..

We had a similar experience 3 years ago. Parked in Ohura main street for a comfort stop and in the 15 minutes we were there, we didn't see one one person there. Reckoned it would be the perfect location for a zombie apocalypse movie :laugh:

F5 Dave
25th October 2019, 19:55
Why just a movie? I guess if you asked the devil for eternal life as the undead you could enter New Zealand First and replace Winston.

Satin.

damn.

Blackbird
26th October 2019, 06:18
Why just a movie? I guess if you asked the devil for eternal life as the undead you could enter New Zealand First and replace Winston.

Satin.

damn.

Hahahaha! I thought followers of Winston were the Nearly Dead :facepalm: