20th October 2019, 00:21
Plutty marvelous!
Bring it Poms! Bring it!

Laava
20th October 2019, 19:34
Frogs or Taffys?

pritch
20th October 2019, 19:42
I like reading the match reports in the UK papers, if there's no pay wall. One report said that Jones would be keen to unleash his England midfield trio against the All Blacks. To be charitable I'm assuming that was written before the end of the Irish game.

TheDemonLord
21st October 2019, 09:23
Obviously I am singing 'Swing Low' in full voice.

England are looking very good atm, The All Blacks are well, the All Blacks - as much as it begrudges me - they have played brilliantly this World Cup so far.

Sad for Japan, I was really hoping they would make it 2 world cups in a row, but still, topping their Pool, seeing off Ireland and Scotland - not to mention some absolute highlight reel tries with some magical offloading. I really want to see the Sun Wolves back in Super Rugby and the Cherry Blossoms join the Tri Nations (or whatever it is called now).

Wales v France - well, the French were soundly beaten.....

...By the French.

Again.

It's the way with the French team - either stunning brilliance or lacklustre mediocrity - the source of Many Memes.

That said, Wales have been playing well (last night excluded).

It'd be nice to see an all Northern hemisphere final.

eelracing
21st October 2019, 14:00
England v All Blacks is the final in my mind so so looking forward to this match. SA V Wales will look like a battle for best box-kick man of the match award.

eelracing
21st October 2019, 14:06
I like reading the match reports in the UK papers, if there's no pay wall. One report said that Jones would be keen to unleash his England midfield trio against the All Blacks. To be charitable I'm assuming that was written before the end of the Irish game.

Mate that midfield was made to look average by what little quality ball Aussie ran at them.

austingtir
22nd October 2019, 17:42
Mate that midfield was made to look average by what little quality ball Aussie ran at them.

Yeah lets be honest the win over Australia doesnt mean much. Australia struggled to even put a half decent first five on the field. They played alot of players who were well past it. Pocock has always been well overrated imo. And then theres the likes of Adam ashley cooper and Genia who has sparks of brilliance but plays his best rugby with Quade.

I think England is going to meet a similar demise as the Irish its just how many points that they are going to get put on them.

I also think SA will be alot tougher the second time around in the final.

The only way England are going to trouble us is if we fall foul of the reff I havent looked into who that is but I hope like hell it isnt a frenchy!!!

eelracing
23rd October 2019, 06:30
The only way England are going to trouble us is if we fall foul of the reff I havent looked into who that is but I hope like hell it isnt a frenchy!!!

Same ref as the Irish match Nigel Owens again.Which is a good thing I reckon he will take no whinging from the poms.

Laava
23rd October 2019, 10:43
I reckon he will take no whinging from the poms.

Will he have a choice?

ellipsis
23rd October 2019, 18:57
...just a silly game with a ridiculous shaped ball to make it even sillier...only thing sillier is racing motorcycles...gave up rugby at serious level at 44...played golden oldies for another 4 or 5 years... only gave up 'cos young cunts are soft and didn't fill the holes in our lineup and the ages old local GO team ceased to hurt themselves...

...the bounce of the ball and the hungriest team will win...refs are under extreme pressure these days...they can dictate the flow and result...

...we will smash the English to pieces and then prepare to play, depending on their bounce of the ball and skill/luck and the ref, SA...or Wales...silly fucking game:love::drinkup::bash:

TheDemonLord
26th October 2019, 22:03
19-7.

Everyone, On 3...

Swing loooooooooooow......

austingtir
26th October 2019, 22:12
19-7.

Everyone, On 3...

Yeah cant argue with that result at all. Only one team in that really for the whole game.

In hindsight Hansen made a bunch of selection and tactical errors in the lead up to this game and the world cup in general.

Ben Smith should of been playing. Maybe Ryan Crotty too (injured?) Coles should of started. And the Barrett at 15 and mounga at 10 thing needed alot more time to work. Scott Barrett and going in to attack their lineout was also a massive fail.

I felt we could of possibly stole that until Jordie decided to be a dumb fuck and run it from his own half and whitelocks brainfade, peranara did a stupid quick tap at one stage too and it was all over

Chasing the game just like in 2007 again.

Im glad I dont bet money on this shit... some suckas out there will be in real pain.

ellipsis
26th October 2019, 22:18
...well, that was indisputable...I didn't think England could sustain that speed for 80 minutes...proved very wrong...impressive win...:clap::clap::clap:

Laava
26th October 2019, 22:21
Yep the pongos certainly deserved that win, keeping that intensity up for the whole game was impressive.

Woodman
26th October 2019, 22:22
19-7.

Everyone, On 3...

Bastard.......

But, impressive display, much as I hate to admit it.

Laava
26th October 2019, 22:24
Fuck me, Eddie Jones is smiling! Who knew...

TheDemonLord
27th October 2019, 05:12
I'm not going to lie, my breath was held and I was wondering if we could keep it up till full time.

ellipsis
27th October 2019, 08:19
... a kicking to the national psyche should not be taken as a RWC fail...the whole spectacle and the minnows showing their stuff on the big stage has been fantastic...I was more disappointed in Japan not going further...my interest and overall glee lost it's shine at the first quarter final...if not for the glorious inclusion of the Japanese, it was just the way things were going to be...somebody has to win the silly game and it was going to be one of the top teams...same old shit...a Welsh upset would be in order to keep things more interesting for the game...the AB's being made to look like one of the minnow teams has got to be noted as 'interesting'...

Woodman
27th October 2019, 08:28
... a kicking to the national psyche should not be taken as a RWC fail...the whole spectacle and the minnows showing their stuff on the big stage has been fantastic...I was more disappointed in Japan not going further...my interest and overall glee lost it's shine at the first quarter final...if not for the glorious inclusion of the Japanese, it was just the way things were going to be...somebody has to win the silly game and it was going to be one of the top teams...same old shit...a Welsh upset would be in order to keep things more interesting for the game...the AB's being made to look like one of the minnow teams has got to be noted as 'interesting'...
Agree, and that performance by England will go down as one of the greats. Not because it was a nailbiting close game, but for it's clinical neutralizing of the All blacks. They did to us what we did to Ireland.I am seriously not an England rugby fan, but know class when I see it. Good on them, they deserve to win the rwc.

F5 Dave
27th October 2019, 20:13
I haven't read any of this thread and I'll unsubscribe.

Super glad those stupid fucks lost.

Bunch of loser cunts

Team sports are for school kids.

Choose a real mans sport you faggots.

FlangMasterJ
27th October 2019, 21:42

Bunch of loser cunts

I get the feeling you're not a rugby fan?

onearmedbandit
27th October 2019, 21:54
I get the feeling you're not a rugby fan?

Nah obvious troll is just being obvious. Or drunk.

Laava
27th October 2019, 22:31

Bunch of loser cunts

Dude, have a Snickers!

Kickaha
28th October 2019, 07:21
Dude, have a Snickers!

He'd still be a cunt, but I agree with what he said

jasonu
28th October 2019, 09:17

Bunch of loser cunts

Plus 1.
Over paid bunch of big noter ponses.

austingtir
28th October 2019, 09:22
Some were saying its good for rugby that the AB's didnt win it again....

And then we had this kickathon match SA vs Wales. Fuck me how many box kicks in that game? Must of been over 60.

So its pretty blatantly obvious how SA are going to approach the final. Will be interesting to see if England follows suit...

Berries
28th October 2019, 11:25
Fuck I wish it wasn't a holiday today so I could wind up all those wankers at work who gave me shit for being English, even though I couldn't give a rats arse about rugby or the result.

A very minor bit of payback.

onearmedbandit
28th October 2019, 11:48
And then we had this kickathon match SA vs Wales. Fuck me how many box kicks in that game? Must of been over 60.

So its pretty blatantly obvious how SA are going to approach the final. Will be interesting to see if England follows suit...

81 between the two teams apparently.

Woodman
28th October 2019, 11:49
Plus 1.
Over paid bunch of big noter ponses.

Like all pro sportspersons??

pritch
28th October 2019, 11:49

There are only three sports: mountain climbing, motor racing, and bull fighting, the rest are games.

Note: I'd credit that (mis)quote except that while it's usually attributed to Hemingway that is thought to be incorrect.

jasonu
28th October 2019, 14:32
Like all pro sportspersons??

Mostly yes.
But not Mick Doohan or Wayne Gardener.

oldrider
28th October 2019, 16:16
The AB's under current regime have always simply applied pressure and then capitalised on opposition errors at speed and efficiency.

To the Pom's credit - they only really made one error and the AB's took 7 points from it.

The Pom's played pressure rugby for almost the full 80 minutes (previously unheard of?) and were quite unfortunate not to have accumulated more (14?) points.

The reason for the turn around in the English sides performance was a "pair of rejected former Aussie and NZ coaches" Jones and Mitchell and both had a point to prove.

The AB's can still save face and the rugby high ground by clearly defeating Wales with a high scoring display of "entertaining performance filled rugby" for 3rd place.

The rugby world will then be forgiving, especially if the final is as boring a performance as was the S'th Africa Wales display last night!

The loss to England might then simply become an unfortunate glitch like the one when France broke the mould in Wales? - :msn-wink:

Best England performance that I have personally ever seen, hope they can carry it through to the final and clearly win the World Rugby Cup. :first:

austingtir
28th October 2019, 16:33
The AB's under current regime have always simply applied pressure and then capitalised on opposition errors at speed and efficiency.

To the Pom's credit - they only really made one error and the AB's took 7 points from it.

The Pom's played pressure rugby for almost the full 80 minutes (previously unheard of?) and were quite unfortunate not to have accumulated more (14?) points.

The reason for the turn around in the English sides performance was a "pair of rejected former Aussie and NZ coaches" Jones and Mitchell and both had a point to prove.

The AB's can still save face and the rugby high ground by clearly defeating Wales with a high scoring display of "entertaining performance filled rugby" for 3rd place.

The rugby world will then be forgiving, especially if the final is as boring a performance as was the S'th Africa Wales display last night!

The loss to England might then simply become an unfortunate glitch like the one when France broke the mould in Wales? - :msn-wink:

Best England performance that I have personally ever seen, hope they can carry it through to the final and clearly win the World Rugby Cup. :first:

Not to take away anything from England performance because it was pretty much perfect. But we will see how good they actually are this weekend. Im picking the AB's fucked up tactically and personal wise more so than they were that great. SA will go into the game on the weekend looking to do to England what they did to us. That said I think England clearly has a better all round game than SA as all SA seems intent on doing atm is box kicking everyone to sleep.

The AB's made some incredible tactical and selection errors in this game and I think that is where it begins and ends. We could of beaten England if our tactics and selections were correct. The fact of the matter is they were WAY off!!

A couple of things out of Hansens hands. Liam Squire ruling himself out and Frank's slightly early demise I think contributed a great deal. If those two alone were fit and on form I think this game could of been quite different than it was.

The biggest error of all for me was tactics closely followed by not selecting Ben Smith and Ryan Crotty aswell as selecting Tall barrett at 6 which did nothing.

But tactically Hansen just got it way wrong and its hard to understand given his past direct experience of this happening before.

How do we go into a semi or even a quarter for that matter thinking we are just going to blow teams off the park in knock out rugby?? AB's coaches need to realize we cant go into big games in knock out rugby like this with the idea of just blowing teams like Eng and SA off the park as it usually doesnt work like that. Those tactics might work against Australia and Ireland but not those other two teams.

The thing that's most concerning about England win over us is that is an incredibly young squad. What happened should not of happened given the experience throughout the AB's.

Berries
28th October 2019, 17:55
We could of beaten England if our tactics and selections were correct.
Might as well call it a win then eh?

Berries
2nd November 2019, 11:02
Congrats on the three-peat.

oldrider
2nd November 2019, 23:39
:cool: - Thankfully that tournament is done and dusted - very boring and disappointing final to watch - how did that England team ever beat the AB's so convincingly? - :facepalm:

austingtir
3rd November 2019, 00:15
:cool: - Thankfully that tournament is done and dusted - very boring and disappointing final to watch - how did that England team ever beat the AB's so convincingly? - :facepalm:

Just proves Hansen got it wrong and has been getting it wrong for about 2 years. (its just that many international teams werent good enough to fully expose us)
The only mistake the AB's made was not getting rid of him 2 years prior to this cup.
It boggles the mind what in the hell he was thinking playing england with that gameplan and selections.

SA exposed the inexperience at the core of that England team just like England exposed incredibly poor coaching and decision making by AB leadership.
Hansen has been going through the motions since the last worldcup and Tew and co should of realized this and moved him along.

I actually quite enjoyed that final. It was good to see England get smashed after smashing us and by a team we beat earlier in the tournament....

Faith in the rugby gods restored.

Katman
3rd November 2019, 11:14
At least it put paid to a certain someone's 'swing loooooow' crooning.

Woodman
3rd November 2019, 15:54

Shit yeah. To be fair I tried supporting England on the strength of the abs game alone, but just couldn't do it. Well done S.A..

ellipsis
3rd November 2019, 17:23
Shit yeah. To be fair I tried supporting England on the strength of the abs game alone, but just couldn't do it. Well done S.A..

...being impressed with the boring, hard man approach that finally worked for them would suffice, wouldn't it...supporting England:no:...supporting soft cock NH rugby, fuck no...love the fact that their stranglehold on rugby rules and protocol have been questioned deeply, yet again...long live SH domination...:third:<_<

Laava
3rd November 2019, 17:56
The great shame tho is some of the bad loser attitudes that are in the media spotlight, some players, some journos...they couldn't just suck it up and be proud of what they had achieved.

Woodman
3rd November 2019, 18:09
The great shame tho is some of the bad loser attitudes that are in the media spotlight, some players, some journos...they couldn't just suck it up and be proud of what they had achieved.

England aren't just bad losers, but bad winners too, in fact they are even bad draw_ers and bad "almost" bet the All Blacks ers.

TheDemonLord
4th November 2019, 07:33

Well, England played their Final against the ABs, SA played their final against us.

Everything that had 'worked' when we played the ABs, simply didn't when we played SA, they did to us what we did to the ABs.

They played out of their skin and deservedly won.

However, on the subject of World Rugby - isn't it wonderful:

NZ Beat SA convincingly in the Pool matches.
England beat NZ convincingly in the Semis.
SA beat England convincingly in the Final.

Viking01
4th November 2019, 07:53
I had to drop my Subaru into the garage this morning, to get a new power
steering pump fitted. The Service Manager is South African, and I know him
quite well, having talked plenty about South Africa.

After the usual salutations, and discussion of the game on Saturday night,
he asked me "what do you call an Englishman with a bottle of champagne
in his hand? "

Apparently the answer is "a waiter".... 8-)

oldrider
4th November 2019, 09:24
All Blacks are still the benchmark of the game and as ever - the team to beat. - South Africa didn't do that at the RWC 2019! - :msn-wink:

Berries
4th November 2019, 09:51
Final outcome of RWC?
Still third I think.

jasonu
4th November 2019, 11:18
Well, England played their Final against the ABs, SA played their final against us.

Everything that had 'worked' when we played the ABs, simply didn't when we played SA, they did to us what we did to the ABs.

They played out of their skin and deservedly won.

However, on the subject of World Rugby - isn't it wonderful:

NZ Beat SA convincingly in the Pool matches.
England beat NZ convincingly in the Semis.
SA beat England convincingly in the Final.

All Blacks are still the benchmark of the game and as ever - the team to beat. - South Africa didn't do that at the RWC 2019! - :msn-wink:

Ian Kirkpatrick once said you can't beat the Welsh but you can score more points than them.
You two sound like that when talking boot the All Blacks....

eelracing
4th November 2019, 12:01
As gutting as it was to be knocked out in the Semis by England it was harder still to watch the AB's completely outplayed as well.Maybe the losses to the Irish and the Lions tour draw and subsequent recent losses to SA and Aussie have been a godsend to NZ fans in that it is inevitable that the AB's can not win them all in this modern era. After all it has been the AB's dominance over the last decade that has dragged up all other nations skill and fitness levels and that is something to be truly proud of.

The other thing kiwis can be proud of is the way the World Cup loss has been accepted, no moaning no whinging no blaming the ref. This time just take it on the chin and get on with the show I think we maybe finally maturing as a rugby mad nation.

Can't rest now SA we're superb in the final and England's young side learnt a harsh reality... that is you gotta tour the southern hemisphere more if you wanna become more consistent.

oldrider
4th November 2019, 12:02
Still third I think.

Ian Kirkpatrick once said you can't beat the Welsh but you can score more points than them.
You two sound like that when talking boot the All Blacks....

Exactly the point I was making - thank you both. - :whistle:

austingtir
4th November 2019, 22:41
As gutting as it was to be knocked out in the Semis by England it was harder still to watch the AB's completely outplayed as well.Maybe the losses to the Irish and the Lions tour draw and subsequent recent losses to SA and Aussie have been a godsend to NZ fans in that it is inevitable that the AB's can not win them all in this modern era. After all it has been the AB's dominance over the last decade that has dragged up all other nations skill and fitness levels and that is something to be truly proud of.

I dont agree at all. In hindsight its clear to me we were incredibly poorly coached by a guy that had "done it all" 4 years ago.

I think if the NZRU get the selection process right for the next coaching setup things could be back to normal again within a year or two once they get rid of some of the dead weight Hansen and co have selected. (im looking mainly at the likes of TJ peranara, Mounga, Jordie Barrett, angus ta avao, ota tu ongafasi, atu moli, Patrick tuipolotu and maybe Nepo laulala who im not sure about)

I think Jordie could be a great AB like his brother one day but he needs a year or two out of the team to stop making basic cock ups.

eelracing
5th November 2019, 08:52
I dont agree at all. In hindsight.

Harsh man. But I don't entirely disagree as there is some deadwood there and one of the worst you haven't mentioned is standing down.

The International bar is so high now just look at what Japan has achieved in short order. If it proves one thing its that a bunch of disparate rugby journeymen can beat the best on their day.

Time I think for the NZRFU to relax the overseas player AB non selection rule.