PDA

View Full Version : Best Naked 250+ bikes

Pathos
17th October 2005, 23:08
After my crash on my little fxr150 quoted at costing a grand total of $3000 to restore to its previous condition those vtr's are looking bloody good.

Even if I did behave on the road I couldn't have stopped the accident or bill so what are the best naked sports bikes?

Cheap is good too.

Had a look at farm/trail/dual bikes but nothing thats cheap+wof+reg+reliable.

Aint gonna be buying one any time soon mind you.

nicmotors
17th October 2005, 23:21
yep i agree.
The VTR 250's do look ok...
i hear their performance isn't a great deal to speak of tho...
I used to have an FXR as well, they go well for a 150cc single cylinder, had mine up to 160 km/h!

anything would be a good step up. if you want looks go for the vtr, but you will get a lot more performance out of a inline four cylinder banger. There have been many posts of people asking what bike is best to choose... But it really seems that you gotta sort out for yourself what you really want/need, and like. Wether it be: Performance, Economy or looks, or what ever. you can check out my bike on my proflie, i love it all i want at this stage. it a kawasaki balius 250cc inline four cylinder. goes like snot for a 'baby'(compared to others)

any happy shopping bud :done:

N4CR
17th October 2005, 23:26
Cheap zxr250 streetfighter? They look darn nice I must say. gareth_d did it to his for a while.

Pathos
17th October 2005, 23:33
streetfighter..isn't that a gsx name?

If i could find a bike with mashed fairing I might give it a go but they have to be designed for it, the fxr has bits and pieces attached like the indicators/HUD

By the way those balius' (balii?) don't look half bad.

N4CR
17th October 2005, 23:38
streetfighter..isn't that a gsx name?

If i could find a bike with mashed fairing I might give it a go but they have to be designed for it, the fxr has bits and pieces attached like the indicators/HUD

By the way those balius' (balii?) don't look half bad.

Streetfighter is generally used to refer to a sprotsbike that has been binned and costs to much to repair with new fairings or modded to a naked bike, and usually all pimped out etc with chrome pipes and stuff like that.

Just a nekkid sports mod!

Antallica
18th October 2005, 06:17
Bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit.

How about a bandit?

gamgee
18th October 2005, 06:24
yeah i'd be going with a suzuki gsf250 bandit, they aren't slow either (well for a 250at least)

nicmotors
18th October 2005, 06:35
By the way those balius' (balii?) don't look half bad.[/QUOTE]

Oh di i mention the kawasaki Balius has the same motor as the Kawasaki ZXR... Exactly the same, 6 speed, inline four cylinder. Rev's out at 19000rpm....
However not to many of them that might be a trouble...

catch ya :apint:

James Deuce
18th October 2005, 06:41
Some excellent crash insurance for nakeds or faired bikes:

http://www.camscomponents.com/Spr_Slider_std.htm

Local company too.

Keystone19
18th October 2005, 07:35
i hear their performance isn't a great deal to speak of tho...

Depends how you ride it mate... :devil2:

limbimtimwim
18th October 2005, 08:57
yep i agree.
i hear their performance isn't a great deal to speak of tho...That can be rectified: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=17491

(maniac laugh)

But yeah, the 4 cylinders are faster.

ben444
18th October 2005, 09:21
Ridden a lot of 250's and the Balius is the best...

Pathos
18th October 2005, 12:39
Some excellent crash insurance for nakeds or faired bikes:

http://www.camscomponents.com/Spr_Slider_std.htm

Local company too.

Thats a bloody cool idea, Ugly tho.

just need a roll bar :)

Oh di i mention the kawasaki Balius has the same motor as the Kawasaki ZXR... Exactly the same, 6 speed, inline four cylinder. Rev's out at 19000rpm...

that sounds like me :drinkup:

myvice
18th October 2005, 20:39
Bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit, bandit.

How about a bandit?
Abuse the death out of mine and it comes back for more!
More fun than the CBR was and a lot more comfy too, still takes 35k corners at 80-90 without any (much) complaining!
Got good tyres tho, and the front brake is a little weak... Works better with the rear shock on full pre-tension and I put 10-weight synthetic oil in the forks and it may need 15...
BUT! You probably don’t ride like I do, not a bad thing ether!
Bandit's cheaper than the Hornet too, don’t know how fast they are as the speedo doesn’t go high enough.
Fun little bikes!

Pathos
19th October 2005, 09:18
Uh I've checking oiut trademe, there's rarely anything for less than 4 grand.

:(

its cheaper to buy an old fully faired bike. Its pretty stupid considering how much it costs to replace the fairing on the fxr.