PDA

View Full Version : Fbmc 2020

caseye
9th January 2020, 21:41
Well, the FBMC is once again dipping their collective toes.
See below for the Monthly ride notice.
Know that it will start from the Quay Street MacDonalds on the Waterfront opposite the Container Terminal.
Heres a link. (http://www.zoomin.co.nz/auckland/auckland+central/quay+street/12/-mcdonalds+quay+street/)
Anytime from early morning onwards. On the 9th Of February 2020
Ride Off will be 10 am sharp.
There will be a ride Leader and TEC and all FBMC their friends and family are invited along.

Destination will be decided for the next run, by those attending the last ride, that DESTINATION will be Notified in this thread each month.

The FBMC has always been a KB based Group and that is the only hard and fast rule,all communications between club memebrs and your ride organiser/s will be done on our KB Group pages or here in the general forum pages for the FBMC.
The first ride will probably be a classic, Paeroa, Kopu perhaps, suggestions welcome.
Start thinking of places we can go, within a 2-3 hour ride window, to ensure we get there, get feed and get home before dark, we hate the dark!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

caseye
21st January 2020, 18:35
The first ride will be an old favourite, The FBMC will ride to Viands Bakery in Kihikiki.
Proper fat Biker Fare this is, bit of a nosh here then off to the Arapuni dam for a bit of a look see then, head home, via Putaruru (got a great PUB) this place has, I ought to know it's me Home town!
So come on Post up, who's coming who's chickening out?
Someone say, "chicken"??
:yes::yes:

FLUB
22nd January 2020, 01:06
Good to see the return of the Pie and a Pint ride. I'll try and join you at Viands. It will be good to catch up with some of the old crowd.

By the way, the original owners, Shane & Cathy, are now at The Baker, next to Caltex in Tirau. The loss of Shane in Viands has meant that the pies are not quite as good as they used to be. Still good but not Gold Winner standard. If anyone wants pies to take home, they could easily drop into The Baker and buy some of the originals. It is a much smaller bakery and doesn't have the same wide selection as Viands, but they taste great.

If there are a few planning to drop in, it would pay to phone a couple of days before so that Cathy can make sure they have enough stock. My plan would be a Boil-up pie from Viands and a Mince n Cheese from The Baker [emoji5]

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-802L using Tapatalk

caseye
22nd January 2020, 05:03
Flubbbbbbby! hey me ol mate, thats good news, now we'vegot TWO pie places, yes!
Come on you lot sound off, who else is coming along???

insomnia01
22nd January 2020, 07:47
the main street of Kihikihi is now full of options for food, Viands of course then there is the Bakehouse ( if you want a sit down meal try the Kiwi breakfast ), Manakaia opened late last year ( Nice Coffee ) if you are passing through on a Saturday there is a Sushi shop that's open till@4:30pm & also Hummimg bird which do yummy freshly baked breads & is next to Motozone ( also a great shop, Joe is awesome ) unfortunately Hoops & Scoops ( ice cream parlor ) has moved into TA but the dairy across from Motozone do great big one's !! just my 2 cents worth from a local :love:

caseye
22nd January 2020, 11:26
the main street of Kihikihi is now full of options for food, Viands of course then there is the Bakehouse ( if you want a sit down meal try the Kiwi breakfast ), Manakaia opened late last year ( Nice Coffee ) if you are passing through on a Saturday there is a Sushi shop that's open till@4:30pm & also Hummimg bird which do yummy freshly baked breads & is next to Motozone ( also a great shop, Joe is awesome ) unfortunately Hoops & Scoops ( ice cream parlor ) has moved into TA but the dairy across from Motozone do great big one's !! just my 2 cents worth from a local :love:

Cheers man! Well said and duly noted. :msn-wink:

Danger Dave
22nd January 2020, 14:25
Good to see the return of the Pie and a Pint ride. I'll try and join you at Viands. It will be good to catch up with some of the old crowd.

By the way, the original owners, Shaun & Cathy, are now at The Baker, next to Caltex in Tirau. The loss of Shaun in Viands has meant that the pies are not quite as good as they used to be. Still good but not Gold Winner standard. If anyone wants pies to take home, they could easily drop into The Baker and buy some of the originals. It is a much smaller bakery and doesn't have the same wide selection as Viands, but they taste great.

If there are a few planning to drop in, it would pay to phone a couple of days before so that Cathy can make sure they have enough stock. My plan would be a Boil-up pie from Viands and a Mince n Cheese from The Baker [emoji5]

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-802L using Tapatalk

Well that explains why the pies from The Baker are so good :niceone:

ust2b
25th January 2020, 17:01
Would have loved to join you guys, but sadly working that weekend. Hope you all have a blast. Consider Clevedon Pub via Miranda for a ride out. Great roads down that way. Have fun.

caseye
25th January 2020, 18:36
Would have loved to join you guys, but sadly working that weekend. Hope you all have a blast. Consider Clevedon Pub via Miranda for a ride out. Great roads down that way. Have fun.

Thank you Newvie,(Op's, Newbie) might just do that! Pity about that working thing!:weep:

ust2b
26th January 2020, 14:44
Thank you Newvie, might just do that! Pity about that working thing!:weep:

Ah yes, but someone has to do it. Living for the day the government pays me to stay home and not work :D

Murray
26th January 2020, 19:02
Start thinking of places we can go, within a 2-3 hour ride window
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I know somewhere but its pretty damn hot there at the moment!!

caseye
5th February 2020, 16:22
OK, so there is a ride on this Sunday.
To Viands and Infinity!
As Below.
Know that it will start from the Quay Street MacDonalds on the Waterfront Opposite the container terminal.
Heres a link (http://https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/McDonald's+Quay+Street/@-36.8476117,174.7790697,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d0d480502037153:0xaf4fddfdafe5a 323!8m2!3d-36.8475645!4d174.7796629), anytime from early morning onwards. On Sunday the 9th of February 2020.
Ride Off will be 10 am sharp.
There will be a ride Leader and TEC and all FBMC their friends and family are invited along.
So come on out you old fart fatty's lets be having you!:msn-wink::msn-wink:

FLUB
5th February 2020, 16:57
So Viands around midday

Sent from my BV9700Pro using Tapatalk

caseye
5th February 2020, 18:18
So Viands around midday

Yep, be good to catch up then mate.

Next?????:beer::beer::lol:

FLUB
6th February 2020, 22:37
I'll bring Kay over on the trike and will join you all to the beer stop [emoji482][emoji481]

caseye
7th February 2020, 16:00
Humm, beer stop! Now then, where do ya reckon?
Putaruru Pub, maybe?
No boozer in Arapuni.:shifty:

leathel
7th February 2020, 19:16
ummmm this country boy is struggling, searched Beach road McD's and came up empty... and street view is no help as lots under construction, McD's site has one at 2 britomart or Quay street or queen street.......what am I missing?

Shoulder will need to improve, jared it again today, longest day since I have been back on the big bike is 200 k's and the end of that ride wasn't flash :crazy:

caseye
7th February 2020, 20:15
ummmm this country boy is struggling, searched Beach road McD's and came up empty... and street view is no help as lots under construction, McD's site has one at 2 britomart or Quay street or queen street.......what am I missing?

Shoulder will need to improve, jared it again today, longest day since I have been back on the big bike is 200 k's and the end of that ride wasn't flash :crazy:

Op's I was wrong, never happened before.
It's the Quay Street Mc Donalds, on the waterfront, opposite the container terminal.
See here for the link (http://www.zoomin.co.nz/auckland/auckland+central/quay+street/12/-mcdonalds+quay+street/) to a map.
Look after that shoulder Leathel, it's got a long way to go on Sunday me ol mate.

caseye
7th February 2020, 20:21
Now I know there are hundreds of Fat Bikers still out there in KB Land, come on guys and girls, weather is going to be perfect, not too hot, not too cold, destination is top notch and your ride leader and TEC are more than capable of getting you all there and back safely and all the while having some :2thumbsup:2thumbsup:clap:fun.
I imagine there will be the traditional stop by the river in Ngarawhahia for pics and a pit stop, then down through the back way to Te Awamutu, then over to Viands in Kihikihi.
After that and on the way home, over the Arapuni dam and up through Putaruru, possibly a stop there for a cold drink of your choice, then homeward bound.
Lets Be Having you!

FLUB
8th February 2020, 06:07
Maybe Okoroire Hotel for refreshment after Viands? Can't think of anything suitable in Putaruru.

caseye
8th February 2020, 08:24
Maybe Okoroire Hotel for refreshment after Viands? Can't think of anything suitable in Putaruru.

Yep, that, or the Te Poi, a little gem of a pub that Ratbag and I frequent everytime we go that way!:beer:

leathel
8th February 2020, 08:52
Te Poi might be tempting fate for John........ the last time two those to spots....well that changed things for him a tad ...........

If I can get another meet point down this way even if its down at Ngarawhahia where the rivers meet that I join in,I should be able to wing it, the extra 120 k's to get to and back from Auckland will be a bit much for the shoulder

:D

FLUB
8th February 2020, 09:12
Te Poi is forbidden territory for me. TIA (mini stroke) last time (4 years ago). Haven't tempted fate since!!

FLUB
8th February 2020, 09:59
Found out how to turn off that stupid signature. Who gives a shit what phone I use!

caseye
8th February 2020, 13:49
Te Poi is forbidden territory for me. TIA (mini stroke) last time (4 years ago). Haven't tempted fate since!!

Ah, well thats settled then, Oko it is.
Now, if only my Crystal Ball would tell me how many lurkers are coming along, I'd be a happy wee vegiemite.

FLUB
8th February 2020, 14:59
Looks like me and you so far with Leathel riding part way. Have the rest of the Fatties been on diets? Maybe they're eating Paleo or Keto now. Me, I'm still on pies, just injecting enough insulin to compensate. If I can do it I'm sure others can.

Now I just need to decide whether to bring the Thunderbird, K1200RS or the Goldwing trike. All have rego at the moment .

caseye
8th February 2020, 19:06
Looks like me and you so far with Leathel riding part way. Have the rest of the Fatties been on diets? Maybe they're eating Paleo or Keto now. Me, I'm still on pies, just injecting enough insulin to compensate. If I can do it I'm sure others can.

Now I just need to decide whether to bring the Thunderbird, K1200RS or the Goldwing trike. All have rego at the moment .

Spoilt for chopice, but what a wonderful conundrum.
Se you two tomorrow.

SaferRides
9th February 2020, 07:23
I'll come - looks like a great day in the Waikato and I've always wondered what the pub was like at Okoroire. Should be at Maccas about 9:30 on a blue R1.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

caseye
9th February 2020, 20:46
I'll come - looks like a great day in the Waikato and I've always wondered what the pub was like at Okoroire. Should be at Maccas about 9:30 on a blue R1.

And he did.
Three FBMC Machines left Macca's at 10am sharp.
Caught up with Leathal at the Riverside park in Ngarawahia, then on to Viands where an old stalawart ol Flubby was awaiting us.
Enjoyed the pies and the chin wagging, in the shade and then with a wonderful Nonda Gold Wing Trike, piloted with great Aplomb by Flubber, we were off to Okoroire for a coldie.
Weather, Perfect.
Present riders, in good form and exhibiting calm and unruffled poise all Day.
Destinations, Ngarawhaia, Viands, Arapuni Swing Bridge, Okororie Hotel, all brilliant and offering great experiences for all.
To those of you who didn't see the FBMC 2020 thread, the FBMC Ride Notification on the daily event calendar on the home page, or the FBMC Group page invite, sorry, next time maybe.

The next FBMC ride will be on SUNDAY THE 8th OF MARCH 2020.
Starting at the Now Z Petrol Station on the left of the off ramp on top of the Bombays. It is usual to mob up behind the shop beside their cardboard cupboard lock up (small windowless timber cage)
It is going to be a 10am ride off, so get there ahead of time, gas up, fuel the body (pies, cakes, coffee) have a chat with the others and be ready to go at 10am sharp!
Destination. The L & P Cafe Paeroa, via Kaiaua, Miranda, Kerepehi, Netherton and on to In, um,Paeroa.
Through town to the BIG L&P Bottle for the obligatory Photo Shot then, back via Te Aroha, Ta Huna, Te Hoe , Ararimu.
Motorway was buggered at 6.30pm just past Ararimu, stopped it was, no matter off at Ramaramaq, under the motorway at Drury and home via Papakura.344612

caseye
9th February 2020, 20:52
A couple more pics.

FLUB
9th February 2020, 23:05
We'll meet you at the Paeroa cafe and take the short ride to Te Aroha.

leathel
10th February 2020, 08:24
A few more pics.... if it works

https://i.postimg.cc/dtC06PFd/20200209-105203.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/RhkZmG7N/20200209-105514.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/DZmvbR5S/20200209-141010.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3455sSsh)

https://i.postimg.cc/6TxtgqKZ/20200209-141100.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QKm2WXHN)

https://i.postimg.cc/8c6TZW2D/20200209-150257.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kR7r4VMh)

Bonez
10th February 2020, 09:14
Looks like you had fun kids. If you are ever down Palmy we have a car port to sleep under and secure back yard wiith LOTs of cocrete.

Oh and plenty of tools.

SaferRides
10th February 2020, 10:04
Thanks for the welcome, it was a good day out. Perfect weather for riding.

Caseye, I would have been only a couple of minutes after you on the motorway and it was OK. Had to slow right down after Ramarama, then back to 50ish, another slow patch at Drury then back to normal speeds. I expect it was worse earlier in the afternoon though.

caseye
10th February 2020, 11:41
Thanks for the welcome, it was a good day out. Perfect weather for riding.

Caseye, I would have been only a couple of minutes after you on the motorway and it was OK. Had to slow right down after Ramarama, then back to 50ish, another slow patch at Drury then back to normal speeds. I expect it was worse earlier in the afternoon though.

Everyone who wants to ride on a Fat Bikers ride is welcome, usually they stick around too which is good.
Yeah, motorway was horrible, but Gt Sth and under at Drury and we were home in minutes, great day weatherwise and the roads were relatively free and easy, usual car drivers wanting to split bikes up and accelerate when being passed, but handled with care and all was well, feel very free to join us anytime mate.
OK, you FBMCérs out there, it's happening, we're coming back and the ride was Absolutely Bloody Brilliant, next is just 3 short weeks away.
Details on the events calendar, the FBMC Group page and the FBMC 2020 thread, so no excuses.
Grab ya Daks and lets getting Cracking!:eek::laugh:

caseye
10th February 2020, 11:43
Looks like you had fun kids. If you are ever down Palmy we have a car port to sleep under and secure back yard wiith LOTs of cocrete.

Oh and plenty of tools.

Cocrete, my fav!
Te he, thank you for the invite, you just never know when a bunch of hairy assed fat bikers rocks up on your door.
Been down to Palmy for a FBMC event a coupla years back, enjoyed that trip, we did!
No reason why it couldn't happen again.
hop into the group and lets put our heads together, when, where, etc.
:rockon:

Hawk
11th February 2020, 09:21
Yep had a feeling you were kicking FBMC back into life Cas, Somebody mentioned on the that other site that they had meet up with a couple of riders on African twins one of which had FBMC reg plate on it. Good luck Still got the Tshirt BTW.

caseye
11th February 2020, 10:57
Yep had a feeling you were kicking FBMC back into life Cas, Somebody mentioned on the that other site that they had meet up with a couple of riders on African twins one of which had FBMC reg plate on it. Good luck Still got the Tshirt BTW.

Well I'll be buggered, look what turns up when you poke a stick under a rock!
Gidday me ol mate!
Yep, good and proper kicked her in the Guts Trev.
Had a bloody awesome ride with some good ol boys, a newish girly (being Ratbag ) and a nice new chap called SaferRides.
400K's travelled, a pie!@#$ or 2:facepalm: an a Solitary (No, I mean it, just the one!) Beer at Oko.
Bout time you travelled Norf young man, always a place to put yer head down up here.
:woohoo:

SaferRides
11th February 2020, 12:53
I've been called many things but "nice" is a new one! :)

Hawk
11th February 2020, 12:54
I was Up North Just before Xmas but not quite as North as you. I managed to get into mischief with some well behaved ( maybe) friends I served with In Waiouru

caseye
21st February 2020, 18:44
I was Up North Just before Xmas but not quite as North as you. I managed to get into mischief with some well behaved ( maybe) friends I served with In Waiouru

Next time, come get into some good old fashioned hi jinx with us lot up here.
Be good to have you.
:wacko::whistle:

caseye
26th February 2020, 21:00
To all you Fat Bikers out there in KB land, get your string and cans out and shout to the next guys not on KB that we're alive and kicking. In other words ,tell all of your mates Fatties already or not to come along.

Let them know we're riding next month, see below!
Last ride That of the Feburary ride 2020 was brilliant, all who attended had a whale of a time and no time was lost rekindling old acquaintences.:woohoo:

So, as below the details can be found on the Home page Events calendar, each months ride is programmed already for the 2nd Sunday of each month, so put them in your ride diaries and get amongst it with us all.:sunny::grouphug:

Starting at the Now Z Petrol Station on the left of the off ramp on top of the Bombays. It is usual to mob up behind the shop beside their cardboard cupboard lock up (small windowless timber cage)
It is going to be a 10am ride off, so get there ahead of time, gas up, fuel the body (pies, cakes, coffee) have a chat with the others and be ready to go at 10am sharp!
Destination. The L & P Cafe Paeroa, via Kaiaua, Miranda, Kerepehi, Netherton and on to In, um,Paeroa.
Through town to the BIG L&P Bottle for the obligatory Photo Shot then, back via Te Aroha, Ta Huna, Te Hoe , Ararimu.:sunny::sunny:

eldog
28th February 2020, 18:05
Through town to the BIG L&P Bottle for the obligatory Photo Shot then, back via Te Aroha, Ta Huna, Te Hoe , Ararimu.

Looking forward to this.:niceone:

caseye
28th February 2020, 19:58
Looking forward to this.:niceone:

Good on ya mate! You wont be disappointed.
;):clap:

caseye
6th March 2020, 19:57
The Important Bits First.

The other Important bits, do come along,Fatty or not it's feeling like a Fat Biker that's the magical Ingredient.
Pies, aromatic beverages and a Love of a ride are the most important parts of being a Fat Biker, so feel free to come ride with us.
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

leathel
6th March 2020, 20:27
The Important Bits First.

The other Important bits, do come along,Fatty or not it's feeling like a Fat Biker that's the magical Ingredient.
Pies, aromatic beverages and a Love of a ride are the most important parts of being a Fat Biker, so feel free to come ride with us.
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

I am not sure I am going to get there, still way behind and want to spend some time with Rose and my Dad Saturday, he is just out of hospital. So will be working Sunday (Rose is busy elsewhere Sunday)

FLUB
6th March 2020, 23:58
Looks like Kay & I are still good to meet you all at the cafe. What time do you reckon you'll be arriving? Hoping to bring the K1200RS for a blast before putting it on TradeMe.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

caseye
7th March 2020, 06:59
Looks like Kay & I are still good to meet you all at the cafe. What time do you reckon you'll be arriving? Hoping to bring the K1200RS for a blast before putting it on TradeMe.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hey, good news! that Is.
Should be there 11-45-12 O Coclish! Got somehting to show you this time around Mr Flubby

SaferRides
8th March 2020, 07:01
Won't be able to come today as my wife had to work yesterday and best I don't disappear on the bike for the day.

Looks like a great day for it.

caseye
8th March 2020, 11:37
Cafe amazing. Waiting waiting. Gone. Sad face. Missed The Flubbers

FLUB
8th March 2020, 19:58
Sorry Mate. Missus put her back out. I sent you a text only to just get a reply that I had the wrong number. [emoji849]

caseye
9th March 2020, 16:33
Ah, Noooooooooooooooooo! Thats a bloody nasty thing to have happen. Hope you've stepped up and are making diner, doing the washing, you know, the usual stuff. Tell her we feel for her and we do.
Missed a good sit down at the cafe, tried to raise you on line from there, but obviously you guys were otherwise engaged.
Then hit the back roads back up to Dorkland.
Pixie came along and provided some informed comment on things motorcycle etc, we stopped for a good long time , enjoyed a meal and then took to the highway again.
Traffic was pretty stacked up all the way down and up, depending on which roads we were on, not on the main roads much at all. Back to Dorkland mid afternoon. Just in time to clean works wagon and both bikes, yep both! Ratbag thinks she has this full time groomer, havent had the heart to tell her it's only me.
Next month we'll be riding Northwards on 16 and climes Westerly to a good Eatery/bar, good sealed roads, no major road works and best of all sweet FA Traffic.
Come along, one and all, Fat Bikers of course we want you to come back and catch up, everyone else, come along and see if you like our little mob, who knows you might want to ride with us again.
All are welcome.
:eek::eek:

Black Knight
10th March 2020, 07:25
How far "Northwards" and which "eatery"?-Would like to link up with you folk sometime,but a bit isolated up here.

SaferRides
10th March 2020, 10:32
There's a decent bakery in Kaiwaka and an OK one at Mangawhai Heads. The cafe at Waipu Cove is good but expensive.

There's a good pub on the road out to Marsden Point but I can't remember the name.

caseye
10th March 2020, 16:11
How far "Northwards" and which "eatery"?-Would like to link up with you folk sometime,but a bit isolated up here.

Gidday Black Knight, I will find out and post that very important information here just as soon as I know.
Pixie is going to be ride leader for the day and he has been there several times, It's just past Whangarei, so shouldn't be too hard getting us all hooked up.
Back to you asap.
:innocent:

Laava
10th March 2020, 16:31
There's a good pub on the road out to Marsden Point but I can't remember the name.
Porthouse Bar and Eatery. Went there a couple of weeks ago, it was great. I willkeep my eye on this thread as well, may ride down to orks and meet up for the ride. Plenty of other good eateries as well if you want a bigger and more scenic ride...

SaferRides
10th March 2020, 18:11
Porthouse Bar and Eatery. Went there a couple of weeks ago, it was great. I willkeep my eye on this thread as well, may ride down to orks and meet up for the ride. Plenty of other good eateries as well if you want a bigger and more scenic ride...That's the one.

Murray
10th March 2020, 18:37
Good on you Caseye get the weekend right I might be there. See you Saturday week looking forward to it!! Guess the song!!

caseye
10th March 2020, 18:53
Good on you Caseye get the weekend right I might be there. See you Saturday week looking forward to it!! Guess the song!!

Ha! no way I've contacted the radio station and told them not to play it for that whole week! te he he.

Next ride Norf on Sunday the 12th of April.
Come One come All!
Watch this space for Ride Off Point, it'll be In parts North/West not South next month.
Pixie can you send me the whys and wherefores, where to meet, Ride off time 10am.
Destination, Murray, you and Trina better suit up and ride boyo!.:scooter::scooter:

Pixie
15th March 2020, 09:37
I sent you a pm with links:

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/-36.0982227,174.2396158/-35.8659633,174.2464892/Maungakaramea/-35.8427977,174.2051188/-35.8253122,174.2038499/-35.7848951,174.1617977/-35.7634972,174.115957/-35.7311665,174.0978399/The+Old+Parakao+Store+Cafe%2FBar/@-35.8200705,173.8405252,10z/data=!4m21!4m20!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d0c7ecb77c844 85:0x500ef6143a2bbe0!2m2!1d174.2041779!2d-35.843965!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d0b8b18 c7662b1d:0x8913ef657b0d3200!2m2!1d173.9546211!2d-35.713662!3e0

https://www.facebook.com/TheOldParakaoStoreCafe

Meet at Kaukapakapa Hall car park?

fyi: KKK has a gas station again.

Laava
15th March 2020, 15:53

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/-36.0982227,174.2396158/-35.8659633,174.2464892/Maungakaramea/-35.8427977,174.2051188/-35.8253122,174.2038499/-35.7848951,174.1617977/-35.7634972,174.115957/-35.7311665,174.0978399/The+Old+Parakao+Store+Cafe%2FBar/@-35.8200705,173.8405252,10z/data=!4m21!4m20!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d0c7ecb77c844 85:0x500ef6143a2bbe0!2m2!1d174.2041779!2d-35.843965!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6d0b8b18 c7662b1d:0x8913ef657b0d3200!2m2!1d173.9546211!2d-35.713662!3e0

fyi: KKK has a gas station again.
That is a good ride, staying off SH1 as much as possible as well!

caseye
16th March 2020, 18:10
That is a good ride, staying off SH1 as much as possible as well!

Yes, having sat down and looked properly, it is a good ride, the destionation is pretty Owesome too.
So come on you FBMCérs, tell your not on KB Fat mates it's on and lets see if we can get enough attending to scare the locals into cooking a bloody great feed for us on arrival. Worth a crack Nige..?, where'd he go!
Outlook for Sunday the 12th of April is :sunny::sunny::sunny:
Lets get you guys sounding off as to who's coming along, so I can get an idea of numbers, should ring the store to let them know theres an army of Fat Bikers coming their way an they'll be famished.:done::mellow:

Laava
16th March 2020, 19:22
I'm keen at this stage so long as I am not working up norf

caseye
16th March 2020, 19:25
I'm keen at this stage so long as I am not working up norf

A Freaking Mazing, looking forward to catching up.
Nexttttt
:eek5:

SaferRides
16th March 2020, 21:07

fyi: KKK has a gas station again.I can only see the route from Paparoa north, which looks great. I assume it's SH 16, 1 and 12 to get to Paparoa?

Black Knight
17th March 2020, 08:24
I will meet up at "Stores"-coming from Norf so will ride via Twin Bridges (a Norfland favourite)-to go from home to KKK and back is a bit of a stretch for these old bones.Will definately pay to alert "Stores" as they are not running a michelin stars operation,just good basic food at a good price, in a bike friendly place with ambiance.

caseye
17th March 2020, 14:58
I will meet up at "Stores"-coming from Norf so will ride via Twin Bridges (a Norfland favourite)-to go from home to KKK and back is a bit of a stretch for these old bones.Will definately pay to alert "Stores" as they are not running a michelin stars operation,just good basic food at a good price, in a bike friendly place with ambiance.

Yay another comes.
Yep, once I've a better clue as to numbers I will certainly let them know we're coming.
:lol::lol:

Black Knight
19th March 2020, 10:25
While in the process of trying to get another couple of further North riders to join in,I was politely advised that this was Easter weekend.Were you aware of this Caseye?

caseye
19th March 2020, 12:36
Actually I was KNOT! Bugger, guess that means we should make it a stay over in a big establishment, perhaps one in Whangarei????????????:brick::crazy::lol::lol::2thu mbsup

Murray
19th March 2020, 17:55
Actually I was KNOT! Bugger, guess that means we should make it a stay over in a big establishment, perhaps one in Whangarei????????????:brick::crazy::lol::lol::2thu mbsup

Will talk Saturday night. just spent the arvo at empire pub Featherston. most enjoyable

caseye
19th March 2020, 21:20
Will talk Saturday night. just spent the arvo at empire pub Featherston. most enjoyable

My Dads home town, good ol Pub aye mate.
Looking forward to seeing you both.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

caseye
8th April 2020, 20:00
Well, The Corona Virus has SCREWED US ALL.
This months (April) ride is cancelled.
Sorry you wonderful Fat Bikers EWE!, we will be back on for the May ride though.
Details to follow.:baby::baby:

caseye
7th August 2020, 13:45
Well guys and girls of the FBMC, this Sunday (the 9th of August 2020) appears to be relatively rain free day.
In the interim I'd be keen to ride down to the Monavale Blueberry Farm/cafe for Lunch. https://monavaleblueberries.co.nz/
Anyone who wants to come along, meet up at the BP On the Southern Motorway at Papakura, for a 10am ride off.
:Oi:

SaferRides
8th August 2020, 08:41
Well guys and girls of the FBMC, this Sunday (the 9th of August 2020) appears to be relatively rain free day.
In the interim I'd be keen to ride down to the Monavale Blueberry Farm/cafe for Lunch. https://monavaleblueberries.co.nz/
Anyone who wants to come along, meet up at the BP On the Southern Motorway at Papakura, for a 10am ride off.
:Oi:I didn't know they had a cafe. Good blueberry muffins? :)
I'd like to come but not sure whether I can get away tomorrow. What time do you think we'd be back in Auckland?

caseye
8th August 2020, 10:01
I didn't know they had a cafe. Good blueberry muffins? :)
I'd like to come but not sure whether I can get away tomorrow. What time do you think we'd be back in Auckland?

G'day mate. We leave here at 10, get:yes: there by about 11.30-12 ish. Have a nose bag then head back, should be back in Dorkland by about 3-4pm.
Yes, the Best Blueberry Muffins you've ever tasted:yes::yes:

FLUB
9th August 2020, 14:57
Bugger! Just seen this and could have met you for lunch.

caseye
9th August 2020, 18:54
Bugger! Just seen this and could have met you for lunch.
Sorry me ol mate, conceived the idea on Friday night, posted it up on Satdee, hows about you send me a Pm and lets make sure we can communicate without the need of public forums.

Well FBMCérs we rode again.
The Monavale Blueberry farm out the back of Cambridge was Awesome (Been here 4 times in the last 12 months(first time with some Ulyssians, who graciously showed an ignorant traveller how to get there)
It's cut the Mustard each time.
Plenty of safe off road parking, lots of big tables, inside and out, amongst the blueberries!
Today's lunch, smashed avocado's on Ciabatta bread, with dried tom's and poached eggs and a slice of BLUEBERRY Creamed Cheesecake) Which I had to share with the Bro in law,
Purchased a bottle of their finest vintage Blueberry, Red/Blue? Dry wine, tried this last time Ratbag and I were here, amazing textures and flavours, so took one home for her.
There we 2 different car clubs in attendance today, Ford Zephyr's Mk's 1-3 and a lonely but surprisingly good looking, ""Land Crab"". Still plenty of space and as always the service was brilliant.
Next month, or perhaps the following, when weather might be better, we should re look at the Northern ride.
It did rain today, we got from Papakura to lunch unscathed, thena ll the way to Mercer before any serious rain fell, no one got wet,wet, Home with bike a bit grubby but no soaking gear, all in all a great day out.
More notice next time, for sure.
:sunny:

SaferRides
9th August 2020, 23:01
Couldn't make it today, pleased to hear you had a good ride.

Murray
10th August 2020, 20:56
Next month, or perhaps the following, when weather might be better, we should re look at the Northern ride.
:sunny:

What ride is this??