PDA

View Full Version : Riders that are also douches

Bruce Lee
13th January 2020, 09:55
:no::facepalm::weird:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/118743862/motorcyclist-caught-travelling-through-central-otago-at-236kmh?cid=facebook.post&fbclid=IwAR0NGLOHcu-b4vBiopdulN0jPM5MbOjFSzAZIljI7EgDMjSXdgcXI6pXeRM

babysteps
13th January 2020, 11:15
The fuckstick on the KTM 390 Duke overtaking a stock truck on a blind corner just out of Little River on Sunday belongs on that list.

F5 Dave
13th January 2020, 12:14
Borrowed bike, no gear. Gizza a ride mate.
Nah.
Oh go on.
Just around the block.
Let's see what it will do.

Sigh.

pritch
13th January 2020, 12:57
Borrowed bike, no gear. Gizza a ride mate.
Nah.
Oh go on.
Just around the block.
Let's see what it will do.

Sigh.

There are a few details missing from that story, like f'rinstance, how did they catch him ?

HenryDorsetCase
13th January 2020, 15:07
if you come off on the road at 230kph no amount of gear will save you, so therefore it is entirely reasonable for our hero to be wearing jandals and a gold lurex posing pouch/mankini, and a dazzling smile.

Moi
13th January 2020, 15:32
if you come off on the road at 230kph no amount of gear will save you, so therefore it is entirely reasonable for our hero to be wearing jandals and a gold lurex posing pouch/mankini, and a dazzling smile.

At least full gear in an off at that speed the "blood and bone" is more likely to be kept in a neat and tidy package rather than being spread over all of the scenery...

Str8 Jacket
13th January 2020, 16:47
I used to be a rider that was a douche. Now I don't ride.

husaberg
13th January 2020, 16:56
I used to be a rider that was a douche. Now I don't ride.

No ones going to bag you for that.

JimO
13th January 2020, 17:05
There are a few details missing from that story, like f'rinstance, how did they catch him ? according to the wireless today he stopped for them

george formby
13th January 2020, 17:08
At least full gear in an off at that speed the "blood and bone" is more likely to be kept in a neat and tidy package rather than being spread over all of the scenery...

This is important to the people who "fix" accidents. Many moons ago, up over, an acquaintance had a car pull out in front of him. He was estimated to be doing 170mph at the time of impact.

Any hoo, the accident scene defied physics, the car was folded in half. The rider, in full leathers, was intact but would have fitted in a bin bag. He hit the centre of the car at roof level, head first.

F5 Dave
13th January 2020, 17:16
The Motogp season would be pretty short if that were the case. And yes the racetrack doesn't have cars and lampposts, but the road doesn't always either.

onearmedbandit
13th January 2020, 17:21
The Motogp season would be pretty short if that were the case. And yes the racetrack doesn't have cars and lampposts, but the road doesn't always either.

Exackerly.

GazzaH
13th January 2020, 17:53
This is important to the people who "fix" accidents. Many moons ago, up over, an acquaintance had a car pull out in front of him. He was estimated to be doing 170mph at the time of impact.

Any hoo, the accident scene defied physics, the car was folded in half. The rider, in full leathers, was intact but would have fitted in a bin bag. He hit the centre of the car at roof level, head first.

I don't follow: which laws of physics were 'defied'? A bike plus rider doing 170 miles per hour has a lot of kinetic energy.

pritch
13th January 2020, 19:05
The rider, in full leathers, was intact but would have fitted in a bin bag. He hit the centre of the car at roof level, head first.

I read in a magazine many years ago that if such a situation is imminent you should stand on the pegs. This will hopefully allow you to sail gracefully over the car rather than crash head first into it. Hopefully.

This is apparently a technique used by movie stunt riders, who having practiced, can time it just right.

Str8 Jacket
13th January 2020, 19:10
I read in a magazine many years ago that if such a situation is imminent you should stand on the pegs. This will hopefully allow you to sail gracefully over the car rather than crash head first into it. Hopefully.

This is apparently a technique used by movie stunt riders, who having practiced, can time it just right.

That is also what I was taught. Problem is when the car is suddenly hitting you without notice. Ended in a shattered femur for me.

pritch
13th January 2020, 19:28
That is also what I was taught. Problem is when the car is suddenly hitting you without notice. Ended in a shattered femur for me.

Yeah, I was thinking that the handle bars could do bad things to the legs as they went past. Still' better than ramming the car head first and making yourself two or three feet shorter.

onearmedbandit
13th January 2020, 19:33
Yeah, I was thinking that the handle bars could do bad things to the legs as they went past. Still' better than ramming the car head first and making yourself two or three feet shorter.

No left bar on my bike, my left leg is happy about this.

Str8 Jacket
13th January 2020, 19:35
No left bar on my bike, my left leg is happy about this.

Ironically I fucked my left leg..... :pinch:

HenryDorsetCase
13th January 2020, 20:36

I'm not sure there are many coming off at more than 200kph. And when they do there are kitty litter and extra air bag fences and loooooong runoffs and they are wearing airbag leathers. I have no wish to test it but I think even in a MotoGP suit if you come off on a new zealand road at that speed then you are fucked.

Having said that, this is worth a look: 337kph. I'd forgotten it completely:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/06/01/alpinestars-releases-marquez-crash-telemetry/161522

Oh, and Oliviera last year.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/146782/oliveira-explains-cause-of-186mph-fp4-crash 186mph = 300kph give or take.

Dunno, maybe I am wrong.

husaberg
13th January 2020, 20:47
I'm not sure there are many coming off at more than 200kph. And when they do there are kitty litter and extra air bag fences and loooooong runoffs and they are wearing airbag leathers. I have no wish to test it but I think even in a MotoGP suit if you come off on a new zealand road at that speed then you are fucked.

Having said that, this is worth a look: 337kph. I'd forgotten it completely:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/06/01/alpinestars-releases-marquez-crash-telemetry/161522

Oh, and Oliviera last year.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/146782/oliveira-explains-cause-of-186mph-fp4-crash 186mph = 300kph give or take.

Dunno, maybe I am wrong.

I am pretty sure the speed will not kill you the suddenness of the stopping might.
Most survive falls at the IOM, NZ roads are likely safer than a lot of the TT course (minus the oncoming cars of course)

MD
14th January 2020, 19:39

Yep, the better option. That's what I did in 1978 when the car I was following suddenly swerved left and stopped in a car park space. Me thinks, he's parked up. Nope. He saw his parents on the other side of the road and decided to do a quick u turn to say hello without looking behind him. I swerved to the right across the centreline (it was clear) as he pulled out from the curb hoping my squealing tyres would give him a clue that someone was using the road he was about to block. Nope, he just felt privileged and entitled to block both sides of any road, anywhere, anytime. I T-boned the centre pillar of his car on the other side of the road by that point, but I realised it was all over trying to brake or go around him, so I stood up a second before impact with a bit of a jump to get over his roof. Perfectly executed, my mint Honda 750 Four totalled his car while I passed safely overhead, feeling nothing more harmful than the gentle warm summer breeze lightly caressing my body.
Landing on the other hand hadn't been perfected and I broke my femur on impact. I still believe I would have been far worse off or dead if I had stayed on the seat.

Beekeeper
14th January 2020, 21:19
:no::facepalm::weird:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/118743862/motorcyclist-caught-travelling-through-central-otago-at-236kmh?cid=facebook.post&fbclid=IwAR0NGLOHcu-b4vBiopdulN0jPM5MbOjFSzAZIljI7EgDMjSXdgcXI6pXeRM

Hes a bloody legend

rastuscat
15th January 2020, 13:07
Yep, the better option. That's what I did in 1978 when the car I was following suddenly swerved left and stopped in a car park space. Me thinks, he's parked up. Nope. He saw his parents on the other side of the road and decided to do a quick u turn to say hello without looking behind him. I swerved to the right across the centreline (it was clear) as he pulled out from the curb hoping my squealing tyres would give him a clue that someone was using the road he was about to block. Nope, he just felt privileged and entitled to block both sides of any road, anywhere, anytime. I T-boned the centre pillar of his car on the other side of the road by that point, but I realised it was all over trying to brake or go around him, so I stood up a second before impact with a bit of a jump to get over his roof. Perfectly executed, my mint Honda 750 Four totalled his car while I passed safely overhead, feeling nothing more harmful than the gentle warm summer breeze lightly caressing my body.
Landing on the other hand hadn't been perfected and I broke my femur on impact. I still believe I would have been far worse off or dead if I had stayed on the seat.

Following too close?