PDA

View Full Version : Classic bike festival, Pukekohe

Blackbird
3rd February 2020, 09:50
It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been to the classic bike races and it didn't disappoint. What a wonderful range of beautifully-prepared bikes on display and a great atmosphere. It might be an odd thing to say, but although the racing is enjoyable, looking at the engineering, innovation and bikes as a pure art form is what appeals to me. Long may it live! A few photos attached as a taster and more here: https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2020/02/a-day-at-races.html . It was a question of what to leave out from the dozens of photos I took.

jellywrestler
3rd February 2020, 17:03
i have been to many of them, as well as many other road races. i see clubs continually trying to improve their events and often do my a bit. this however went a step up from the last few so the clubs extra efforts paid divedends and was a great meeting

Blackbird
3rd February 2020, 17:42
i have been to many of them, as well as many other road races. i see clubs continually trying to improve their events and often do my a bit. this however went a step up from the last few so the clubs extra efforts paid divedends and was a great meeting

Agreed. I presume that the excellent food, seating and copious toilet facilities in the pit area came about from holding the Supercars there. Whatever the reason, I was impressed.

Laava
3rd February 2020, 18:01
Yep, I enjoyed it again as usual. My mate in Brissy recently sold his Laverda 750 race bike to a couple o friends in auckland who raced it coming third in their trophy race. People are pretty friendly and open to questions about their gear and there is plenty of food, drink and facilities.
Took no photos this year tho cos got the lazy!

ojyamaha
3rd February 2020, 19:50
Went Sunday it was a good day . Plenty of bikes to wander thru and look at . Racing was good too. Hot dog and chips not bad either . Took the big Honda for a blast out there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk