PDA

View Full Version : Givi top box mount

Topzonenz
24th February 2020, 17:56
Hi folks,

I've just bought a 2015 Yamaha tracer with a Givi top box mount but no top box.

Are the mounts universal ? It has two tongues at the front, and what looks like a wedge type lock on the rear mount.
I'm wondering what boxes suit.
Cheers !

caseye
24th February 2020, 20:32
Hi folks,

I've just bought a 2015 Yamaha tracer with a Givi top box mount but no top box.

Are the mounts universal ? It has two tongues at the front, and what looks like a wedge type lock on the rear mount.
I'm wondering what boxes suit.
Cheers !

Pretty much any other Givi top box will fit.
Just a matter of how big you want the box to be. I have a 56, takes 2 helmets and coms units, as well as sundry other soft items.
:whistle:

rastuscat
25th February 2020, 05:31
Givi uses two types of mount. Monokey and Monolock.

Google them. I dont think they are interchangeable.

HEsch
25th February 2020, 06:25
Givi uses two types of mount. Monokey and Monolock.

Google them. I dont think they are interchangeable.

This.

They are not universal. But you can also buy a new plate to suit the box, if the box you want is the other type.

caseye
25th February 2020, 15:10
This.

They are not universal. But you can also buy a new plate to suit the box, if the box you want is the other type.

Wrong, again!, ah well, many thanks for letting us know, cheers HEsch.:third::third:

Ulsterkiwi
25th February 2020, 18:39
a photo and we could probably help you determine which it is, then you know what options you have for luggage

Gremlin
25th February 2020, 20:29
Monolock is usually for smaller motorcycles, scooters etc. Plate looks like this: https://www.motorcycleplanet.co.uk/images_products/givi/givi_Z113C_universal_monolock_plate_L.jpg

Monokey is for larger motorcycles and looks like this: https://techmoto.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/m5-plate.jpg

They are not interchangeable or compatible. You can buy non-Givi boxes that may be compatible, but as always, you get what you pay for.