PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

Pages : [1] 2

MaxPenguin
29th February 2020, 09:11
How is it affecting people on here?

Berries
29th February 2020, 09:24
I no longer eat Koala.

Katman
29th February 2020, 09:25
I'm bored by it already.

pritch
29th February 2020, 10:28
I'm bored by it already.

There is some entertainment to be had. Apparently something like 30% of the population of the US will not drink Corona beer in case they catch the virus.

Rush Limbaugh has told his listeners that the virus is a Democrat plot and they're just out to get Trump.

Trump Jr has said on TV that the Democrats are hoping the virus will kill millions so that it will end his father's "run of successes".

And people believe this shit, the stupidity is mind boggling.

I think I might buy a carton of Corona as a gesture of support.

george formby
29th February 2020, 11:48
Anecdotally, imports of motorcycle consumables, filters etc which are made in China, most of them I suspect, are drying up.

If it's true, then a lot of other imports will be affected.

Might be something to think about in coming months, I would be really unhappy if I had to re-use an old filter after an oil change.:angry:

MaxPenguin
29th February 2020, 12:17
Anecdotally, imports of motorcycle consumables, filters etc which are made in China, most of them I suspect, are drying up.

If it's true, then a lot of other imports will be affected.

Might be something to think about in coming months, I would be really unhappy if I had to re-use an old filter after an oil change.:angry:

There will be a big vacuum once China gets back on line attempting to fill demand.

sidecar bob
29th February 2020, 12:30
The rural postie doesn't have a huge basket of silly little items from Aliexpress & Wish every day now, which means she gets an hour longer in bed in the morning. Works for me.;)
It isn't affecting the tinkerage & buildage of bikes so far yet.

HenryDorsetCase
29th February 2020, 12:36
I'm taking precautions. Safety first.

HenryDorsetCase
29th February 2020, 12:41
I've also been getting in supplies. None of that Corona beer for this lad. I'm getting in the good stuff. Plus I heard alcohol is an antiseptic.

husaberg
29th February 2020, 13:23
I've also been getting in supplies. None of that Corona beer for this lad. I'm getting in the good stuff. Plus I heard alcohol is an antiseptic.

Take two of those and watch the training video remeber to check your rings incase of discharge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkjFJtMG5oY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SFDeBYF_4
I have some Corona rings available if anyone wants some.
https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ESakKFXXXXamaXXXq6xXFXXXo/Heemc-Aluminum-Grading-and-Shielding-Corona-Rings.jpg

Toyota has also complained its mid range sedans have dropped in value by 80%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhDU9JSGjQY

Oh cool find Anyone familar with the West coast will recognize these places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQx2ookl8M

jellywrestler
29th February 2020, 13:32

i've suggested my apprentice changes from using a wanky hanky to a wank sock, less chance then of getting someone else's sneezes on his womb broom

mulletman
29th February 2020, 14:00
People are going stupid down here and mad panic buying at the supemarkets :facepalm:

jasonu
29th February 2020, 14:29
It's a chinese scam to jack up the price of face masks. Look at ebay, 50 cent masks going for $80 for a box of 10. Cunts!

roogazza
29th February 2020, 15:10
It was announced that panic buying in Pack and slave somewhere in Auckland........ well fuck me when I looked on coverage the place looked like little China!!!!!
Asians everywhere ! You can have Auckland ,you're welcome ! :lol:

pritch
29th February 2020, 15:48
It was announced that panic buying in Pack and slave somewhere in Auckland........ well fuck me when I looked on coverage the place looked like little China!!!!!
Asians everywhere ! You can have Auckland ,you're welcome ! :lol:

Silly buggers. The advice on TV last night was, in the event you came down with the virus, to self isolate, order your groceries online, and get someone to leave them on your door step.

If the virus actually arrives, I'll make a mutual arrangement with some of the neighbours. I see though that at his latest rally Trump said the virus was a Democrat hoax. So that's OK, no problem.:rolleyes:

Katman
29th February 2020, 15:54
Silly buggers. The advice on TV last night was, in the event you came down with the virus, to self isolate, order your groceries online, and get someone to leave them on your door step.

If the virus actually arrives, I'll make a mutual arrangement with some of the neighbours. I see though that at his latest rally Trump said the virus was a Democrat hoax. So that's OK, no problem.:rolleyes:

But make sure you keep those fingers crossed.

Berries
29th February 2020, 16:00
It was announced that panic buying in Pack and slave somewhere in Auckland....:
Due to the low pay rates in supermarkets they attract a lot of refugees and migrants looking for work. One of the checkout chicks today was on her first day back after a trip home to mother Iran and managed to pass the virus on to all the dickheads panic buying in an enclosed area.

Now that would be ironic.

health-minister-announces-he-has-coronavirus (https://www.theonion.com/iran-s-deputy-health-minister-announces-he-has-coronavi-1841937363)

TheDemonLord
29th February 2020, 16:09
Went to do my Weekly shop today - hand sanitizer and bottled water were all gone.

Katman
29th February 2020, 16:20
Went to do my Weekly shop today - hand sanitizer and bottled water were all gone.

Went to my man today.

He's still got my brand of beer.

oldrider
[QUOTE=Berries;1131155071]Due to the low pay rates in supermarkets they attract a lot of refugees and migrants looking for work. One of the checkout chicks today was on her first day back after a trip home to mother Iran and managed to pass the virus on to all the dickheads panic buying in an enclosed area.

Now that would be ironic. :Oops: Did you mean Iranic? - :msn-wink:

mashman
It's ruining the news.

Katman
29th February 2020, 16:23
It's ruining the news.

I get some sense of black humour from watching the Dance of the Puppets.

Trade_nancy
29th February 2020, 16:52

So you were trying to panic buy..as well?:eek:

pritch
29th February 2020, 16:59
But make sure you keep those fingers crossed.

Perhaps you should go back over some of your recent and not so recent posts. You contribute nothing much of value at all. Just brief but stupid comments. I suppose though we should be thankful for the brevity.

MaxPenguin
29th February 2020, 17:00
Checked the pantry today. 14 days of rice, baked beans, beer and wine in their no worries, and that's not accounting for whats in the freezer.

Not sure why bottled water has been sold out, does coronavirus stop water coming out of the tap?

yoyo 2wheels
29th February 2020, 17:14
went the PakNSave Moorhouse today for one thing and it was border line mass hysteria... empty shelves, long lines, waiting for car parks.
Iv recently lost my immune system due to a motorcycle crash sooo i guess i should at least prepare my self lol glad i ride for a job and dont have to deal with yucky humans and their germs:sick:

mashman
29th February 2020, 17:46
I get some sense of black humour from watching the Dance of the Puppets.

heh heh... won't somebody think of the sharemarket.

Bonez
29th February 2020, 18:32
Perhaps you should go back over some of your recent and not so recent posts. You contribute nothing much of value at all. Just brief but stupid comments. I suppose though we should be thankful for the brevity.That goes double for you dude.

mashman
29th February 2020, 18:45
I just read that if they have to abandon the EPL season Liverpool might not be crowned champions, but those who are in the relegation zone will still be relegated. Somewhat ironically, if you gave the bottom team the points lead that Liverpool have, which is 22, they would still only place 5th... but no, don't crown the champions, just relegate those who are 1 or 2 points from getting out of the relegation zone ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa. Looks like the virus has a pretty potent mental effect too.

ellipsis
29th February 2020, 18:50
...I think I'm getting a cold, I'm staying at home for two weeks, my wife will have to fuck off for that period...can't think of a better birthday present...I may have a relapse and make it a month...

SpankMe
29th February 2020, 18:55
I didn't realise kiwi's were such panickers. I can't believe what I'm seeing on the news of the share stupidity from just one confirmed case of covid. I'm currently in Thailand where there have been many confirmed infections and I don't see any of that here. Just a bunch of idiots who only read the headlines making things worse.

ellipsis
29th February 2020, 19:04
I didn't realise kiwi's were such wanickers.

...a large portion are...sad but true...bring back the birch...

SpankMe
29th February 2020, 19:10
I'm currently in Thailand where there have been many confirmed infections and I don't see any of that here.

Correction, the gold shops are much busier with people selling instead of buying.

Swoop
29th February 2020, 19:45
I thought kiwis were more intelligent than that. Panic buying?? Really?

Asians everywhere !
I recognised that as Pack n Slave Botany.
I was there last week and was stunned by the trolley driving skills... You could fix half of Auckland's poor driving by simply educating those brain-dead, trolley-pushing customers.

onearmedbandit
29th February 2020, 20:22
I ordered a shiny new Brembo master cylinder assembly from Italy. It hasn't moved since the 11th of Feb. Trip to Fiji is still on though so there is that.

TheDemonLord
29th February 2020, 21:07
So you were trying to panic buy..as well?:eek:

Nah, I generally get 2-3 Bottles of Bottled Water a week, something something don't like the taste of certain regions water something.

And hand sanitizer cause I have little ones - and at the rate they are bringing home bugs from Daycare, I need all the help I can get!

Berries
29th February 2020, 23:23
Did you have hand sanitiser as a kid?

I'm guessing you survived ok?

The world is fucked.

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 07:07

The world is fucked.

I dunno - I was a kid...

oldrider
1st March 2020, 07:20
I dunno - I was a kid...

Didn't have hand sanitiser when we were kids - we had gas masks - there always seems to be a problem? :shifty: 5G anyone? :soon:

Katman
1st March 2020, 07:34
And hand sanitizer cause I have little ones - and at the rate they are bringing home bugs from Daycare, I need all the help I can get!

Have you given up all hope in your immune system.

FJRider
1st March 2020, 08:05

The world is fucked.

We just had plain old soap and hot water. We survived ... Mum was always "Persistent" about us washing our hands.

MaxPenguin
1st March 2020, 08:26
Hand sanitizer confuses me. When do you do it? Someone said after you go to the toilet. Can I get coronavirus from my knob?

oldrider
1st March 2020, 08:35
Hand sanitizer confuses me. When do you do it? Someone said after you go to the toilet. Can I get coronavirus from my knob?

Eventually unless you be selective and careful where you put it! :whistle:

jasonu
1st March 2020, 13:15
Samoa has the right idea.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312891

NZ is fucking stupid.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312899

Jeeper
1st March 2020, 13:47
Samoa has the right idea.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312891

NZ is fucking stupid.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312899Samoa has been burnt by Measles already, they are just being "once bitten twice shy" about it. Sensible approach.

jellywrestler
1st March 2020, 14:51
It's ruining the news.

beats the bachalorette shit

MaxPenguin
1st March 2020, 16:22
NZ is fucking stupid.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312899

Maybe you are right, local paknslave has been cleaned out, also just finished reading comments on facetube about how the two Auckland lotto wins are rigged like many other auckland lotto wins, and there seems to be overwhelming support to split lotto into South and North island to give everyone an equal chance. Fucktards.

mashman
1st March 2020, 16:35
beats the bachalorette shit

I can see that... although the bachelorette means that the news won't be on and I can slide the headphones on guilt free. Swings and roondaboots heh

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 18:40
Have you given up all hope in your immune system.

I've had more runny noses, bum-squirts, Vomitasaurases and general 'picked up from Daycare' bugs in the last few years than I care for - I can assure you, despite the Hand Sanitizer, my immune system is getting a regular workout.

Katman
1st March 2020, 18:42
…..my immune system is getting a regular workout.

Artificial, I'm sure.

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 18:42

Normally after a Nappy change or after dealing with anything that is of 'unknown origin'.

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 18:45
Artificial, I'm sure.

Well, no sign of Coronavirus yet...

So far it's all your garden variety bugs.

Katman
1st March 2020, 18:47
So far it's all your garden variety bugs.

Hope you get well soon petal.

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 18:51
Hope you get well soon petal.

Your concern is deeply touching.

But don't worry, something else will come along in time - Children really are walking biological weapons....

Katman
1st March 2020, 19:09
Your concern is deeply touching.

I can only imagine your fear if you should get a sniffle.

MaxPenguin
1st March 2020, 19:18

You don't get a sniffle with coronavirus.

Katman
1st March 2020, 19:26
You don't get a sniffle with coronavirus.

Phew, I don't like sniffles.

TheDemonLord
1st March 2020, 20:53

Not really, It's more annoyance - either make me sick enough that I can take a day off work and not feel guilty or piss off.

It's the prolonged, indeterminable sniffles and snuffles that make you feel like Arse, but not arse enough to justify taking a day off.

pritch
2nd March 2020, 08:20
Some interesting comments about the US overnight. From the NY Times IIRC, guy returned to the US, felt unwell so got tested, test was negative but he was presented with a bill for US$3270.

That he got tested was a minor miracle. The population of California is something like forty million, they reportedly have just 200 kits available. There is an announcement that thousands of testing kits have just arrived in the country, enough to supply every hospital in the country with two kits.

A shortage of kits probably makes no difference, there is no mandatory sick leave in the US so many people can't afford to take time off work or get tested. So they will struggle in to work and spread the good news. The reported cases figure will remain low though because there's no way of testing.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the Samoan book and ban travellers from the US. :whistle:

The North Korean plan might be more effective: one guy had the virus, he was shot. That may not stop people getting sick but it'll sure stop them mentioning it.

pritch
2nd March 2020, 09:26
Steveyb posted this in the MotoGP thread but it might be a fit in this thread as well.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/motogp-class-cancelled-at-the-grand-prix-of-qatar/?fbclid=IwAR1CvzcHg2f1A4P9aDsfQIjRU6u-0ToNVm1ieWAldHXpD_pK3Ym0lX_CywU

Paul in NZ
2nd March 2020, 10:52
Its probably already here undetected anyway.. (apart from the 1 known case)

In many cases people will just feel a bit crook and head into work like usual. For people like me with chronic illness its potentially a killer but then again so it the normal flu. I cant say I'm especially worried - I lasted this long and everyday is a bonus really.

pritch
2nd March 2020, 10:54
Didn't have hand sanitiser when we were kids - we had gas masks - there always seems to be a problem? :shifty: 5G anyone? :soon:

We had to have a toilet bag with soap in it hanging on our desk so we could wash our hands after we'd been to the toilet. Evidently that was to stop us catching polio.

Kids in other countries had to get under their desk in supremely optimistic nuclear attack drills.

School kids in the States have active shooter drills which frighten the shit out of all and sundry.

As you say, there's always something.

MaxPenguin
2nd March 2020, 12:23
Some interesting comments about the US overnight. From the NY Times IIRC, guy returned to the US, felt unwell so got tested, test was negative but he was presented with a bill for US$3270.

That he got tested was a minor miracle. The population of California is something like forty million, they reportedly have just 200 kits available. There is an announcement that thousands of testing kits have just arrived in the country, enough to supply every hospital in the country with two kits.

A shortage of kits probably makes no difference, there is no mandatory sick leave in the US so many people can't afford to take time off work or get tested. So they will struggle in to work and spread the good news. The reported cases figure will remain low though because there's no way of testing.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the Samoan book and ban travellers from the US. :whistle:

The North Korean plan might be more effective: one guy had the virus, he was shot. That may not stop people getting sick but it'll sure stop them mentioning it.

Good old USA. What a clusterfuck of a country.

oldrider
3rd March 2020, 06:59
Chicken Little 2020 traded the sky in for a virus - the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming - "FEAR" - Is Chicken Little growing the business yet again right here in 2020 :msn-wink:

Katman
3rd March 2020, 07:13
Chicken Little 2020 traded the sky in for a virus - the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming - "FEAR" - Is Chicken Little growing the business yet again right here in 2020 :msn-wink:

A social experiment on a world-wide scale.

pritch
3rd March 2020, 07:44

I see no evidence of fear in this country. The Health Dept don't inspire confidence but seem to be trying to do the right things.
Somewhat of a middle of the road policy? Possibly a better approach than the extremes: the North Korean approach, shoot the first patient dead, or the US approach, do nothing, call it a hoax.

One odd thing though: the professionals tell us that masks aren't necessary, yet the usual suppliers to doctors of these items have completely sold out?

TheDemonLord
3rd March 2020, 09:52
I see no evidence of fear in this country.

Panic buying at the Supermarkets would tend to disagree with you.

Katman
3rd March 2020, 10:13

Quoted for pritch's benefit.

MaxPenguin
3rd March 2020, 12:23

Taking media catchphrases like "panic buying" as reality doesn,t help.

TheDemonLord
3rd March 2020, 12:45
Taking media catchphrases like "panic buying" as reality doesn,t help.

When I have to go to 3 seperate supermarkets to find some of the items on my Weekly Shop....

sidecar bob
3rd March 2020, 13:41
Can anyone explain why this prevents us selling logs to China?

husaberg
3rd March 2020, 13:47

There are simply not the people working in the ports in China. Or the sawmills
so its a waste of time sending them over, if there is no one to receive them.
It also was Chinese new year their recently, so there is likely a "backlog" anyway
The margins are tight in forestry as it is, so any drop in demands flows on. If there are no orders, the crews get shut down.

China used to refuse to accept coal at the agreed contract price when Solid energy was sending coal there even when the ships were in transit.
Do doubt there is an element of opportunistic gouging going on as well the export meat price has dropped from $6 a KG to 4.45 a KG in the last few weeks.
https://www.openforlivestock.co.nz/ImagesMarket/NI_Prime.png?v=637187097933875148
The meat works here is down to 3 days a week from its normal 5.5.
That price is a 5 year low.
I bet the meat at the supermarket hasn't got cheaper.

Personally I blame the Jacinda, NZ first, Joe Bidden, plus of course Israel.
Things haven't been right since Maggie Thatcher died
Putins doing all he can to help the west but the FBi's against him with the shape-shifting aliens and the pro Vaxers.

oldrider
3rd March 2020, 13:48

The "bark" - it makes them nervous and sweaty? - :msn-wink:

mashman
3rd March 2020, 13:54

I saw a movie like this, except there was a dinosaur in the hold when the ship attempted to dock without any live crew on board. Then again, given that China has less income given that they've shutdown some production recently, they also have less to spend. Logs might just be a part of a nice to have hit list. There's also the potential that dockworkers aren't working in the same numbers and the docks are already jammed full of logs that aren't going anywhere in a hurry coz there's fewer drivers also... and so on.

oldrider
3rd March 2020, 13:58
Track your virus:- https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 - Maybe Jacinda was feeling left out? - missing photo opportunities perhaps? :msn-wink:

Daffyd
3rd March 2020, 14:25
Business as usual here in the Philippines. Except that I had to use sanitiser before I entered the bank. And before anyone mentions the possibility of the virus

on the doors, the armed security guards open them for me.

pzkpfw
3rd March 2020, 14:41
Business as usual here in the Philippines. Except that I had to use sanitiser before I entered the bank. And before anyone mentions the possibility of the virus

on the doors, the armed security guards open them for me.

Good thing they're armed.

Daffyd
3rd March 2020, 14:58
There are armed guards at all banks, malls, and most supermarkets and major stores. Took a bit of getting used to, but they're very polite and friendly. If

you happen to be carrying a bag, they'll check in it to see that you're not carrying a weapon. (Hand guns are legal for locals but not foreigners.)

oldrider
3rd March 2020, 16:21
Good thing they're armed.

:lol: Droll very droll - hey Daffyd all that good living and hot sun over there you must be starting to look a bit like a virus by now :eek: can't be too careful y know. :whistle:

MD
3rd March 2020, 16:38
Was in a Mitre 10 store in Hornby Saturday which had a large pallet of those cheap handyman around the house paper face masks and all the white folks just walked by laughing at the sight of silly Asians queuing at the pallet grabbing handfuls of boxes. Why are Japanese and Chinese obsessed with bloody face masks? Any excuse and on they go. Masks are not working against this virus you idiots but carry on panic buying.

MaxPenguin
3rd March 2020, 16:47
Was in a Mitre 10 store in Hornby Saturday which had a large pallet of those cheap handyman around the house paper face masks and all the white folks just walked by laughing at the sight of silly Asians queuing at the pallet grabbing handfuls of boxes. Why are Japanese and Chinese obsessed with bloody face masks? Any excuse and on they go. Masks are not working against this virus you idiots but carrying on panic buying.

They are effective only as a barrier to stop your hands touching your mouth and vise versa.

sidecar bob
3rd March 2020, 17:17
Was in a Mitre 10 store in Hornby Saturday which had a large pallet of those cheap handyman around the house paper face masks and all the white folks just walked by laughing at the sight of silly Asians queuing at the pallet grabbing handfuls of boxes. Why are Japanese and Chinese obsessed with bloody face masks? Any excuse and on they go. Masks are not working against this virus you idiots but carrying on panic buying.

White folks :lol:

pete376403
3rd March 2020, 18:15
The meat works here is down to 3 days a week from its normal 5.5.
That price is a 5 year low.
I bet the meat at the supermarket hasn't got cheaper.

If anything the local price has gone up to compensate for lost export earnings

onearmedbandit
3rd March 2020, 18:27

It's a cultural thing in Japan. If you have a slight cold you wear a nose and mouth mask out of consideration for others. Obviously that extends to more significant outbreaks. So not really silly at all.

Katman
3rd March 2020, 19:45
See how easy it is to understand different things if you actually think about them?

Berries
3rd March 2020, 20:45
Why are Japanese and Chinese obsessed with bloody face masks?
You can use them to drain rice.

Apparently.

pritch
4th March 2020, 07:51
Masks are not working against this virus you idiots but carry on panic buying.

So why are GPs unable to buy masks from their normal sources because the sources have sold out - to other doctors?

Just a thought.

pete-blen
5th March 2020, 20:32

well before this Virus crap started I booked and payed for air tickets to Thailand so
I could spend 3 weeks riding along the Mekong river...
I leave on the 29 March.... And fuck the bloody virus I'm going...
On average 42 motorcyclist's get killed a day in Thailand I think that
is a far bigger risk than the Virus..

OddDuck
5th March 2020, 21:15
So why are GPs unable to buy masks from their normal sources because the sources have sold out - to other doctors?

Just a thought.

Just a guess as an answer... because everyone down with flu / common cold etc is going to pop around to see the doc, when normally it'd be 'aw it's just a sniffle I'll be fine'. They'll be coughing and sneezing all over the place.

Bonez
6th March 2020, 06:56

Just a thought.The Russians got them all.

Listening to the radio this morniong. The word is DON'T PANIC!! WAsh your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. According to my Doc he has no issies getting meds.

pritch
6th March 2020, 07:24
This would fit really well into one of those "You had one job" memes. And she is a doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ghhubh0e7I

Swoop
6th March 2020, 14:20
We had a chap fly in from overseas the other day. After shaking hands with the staff he says "right, that's done - I'm off to lick some door handles now"!

Brilliant!

skippa1
6th March 2020, 16:24
I'm trying to look at the opportunities the virus and general panic buying may bring. Rubber gloves are going to run out soon, I am buying up condoms in bulk. When the gloves are sold out I'm going to sell the condoms as mittens.
As a result, 2020, 2021 will go down in history as the plague of unwanted pregnancies, no one will even remember the virus and I will be wealthy as fuck :blink:

HEsch
6th March 2020, 16:52
My flatmate gave me notice as he found a long term flat, normal programming (he was only staying for 3 months).

Today he tells me he needs to stay another 2 weeks as his new flatmate is returning from overseas on the day he was supposed to move in, and will be self-isolating for 2 weeks, so he can't go there.

Hey ho, two more weeks' rent without me having to interview new flatmates. I'll call it a win.

F5 Dave
6th March 2020, 19:34
This would fit really well into one of those "You had one job" memes. And she is a doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ghhubh0e7I
Sorry the woman behind her was more interesting. Did she turn into a shape shifter or something?

oldrider
6th March 2020, 20:46
I thought this was quite funny? - :lol: - https://twitter.com/ohnoyoudont6/status/1235710228701691904/photo/1 - :nya: ----------------------- Sorry about that! - :bye: - My bad! - :bleh:

oldrider
7th March 2020, 08:40
Corona baloney: it’s the money, honey - :rolleyes: - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/03/06/corona-baloney-its-the-money-honey/ - (Sigh) - :wait:

husaberg
7th March 2020, 10:43
Corona baloney: it’s the money, honey - :rolleyes: - https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/03/06/corona-baloney-its-the-money-honey/ - (Sigh) - :wait:

I was just going to make a joke about how you havent yet tried to pin the virus on the Jews or the shapeshifting lizzardman aliens and the Jews
But there you go right on cue, Turns out you were still the punchline after-all.
Get yourself a gold star and visit Auschwitz, you racist piece of EGG
The constant racist crap you peddle unsolicited is neither cared fror or warranted in an adult forum about motorbikes that is not created for neo nazis
Maybe you should just migrate to Argentina like all your buddies did after WW2

pritch
7th March 2020, 10:49
Trump advised that people suffering from symptoms should continue to go to work - then denied he said that, but of course it was recorded. 'Not a clue', would be a wild understatement.

The Dow is down again, a Washington state university has closed to prevent the spread of the virus, but more importantly the South X South West festival in Austin Texas has been cancelled. Cancellation of SXSW doesn't bode well for the upcoming GP.

husaberg
7th March 2020, 11:13
Trump advised that people suffering from symptoms should continue to go to work - then denied he said that, but of course it was recorded. 'Not a clue', would be a wild understatement.

The Dow is down again, a Washington state university has closed to prevent the spread of the virus, but more importantly the South X South West festival in Austin Texas has been cancelled. Cancellation of SXSW doesn't bode well for the upcoming GP.

https://scontent.fchc2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/88140317_10158250577415742_8989752165576736768_n.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=w61awGp1C4AAX_c958c&_nc_ht=scontent.fchc2-1.fna&oh=4917f23cdb4efbe343c0d95cfe2b5857&oe=5E80EEAA

BMWST?
7th March 2020, 13:20
I see no evidence of fear in this country. The Health Dept don't inspire confidence but seem to be trying to do the right things.
Somewhat of a middle of the road policy? Possibly a better approach than the extremes: the North Korean approach, shoot the first patient dead, or the US approach, do nothing, call it a hoax.

One odd thing though: the professionals tell us that masks aren't necessary, yet the usual suppliers to doctors of these items have completely sold out?

apprently the masks are good to stop the spread FROM the mask wearer

pritch
7th March 2020, 14:04
Even a potential pandemic can be a source of humour.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/06/got-medical-question-ask-dr-trump/

oldrider
7th March 2020, 16:46
I was just going to make a joke about how you havent yet tried to pin the virus on the Jews or the shapeshifting lizzardman aliens and the Jews
But there you go right on cue, Turns out you were still the punchline after-all.
Get yourself a gold star and visit Auschwitz, you racist piece of EGG
The constant racist crap you peddle unsolicited is neither cared fror or warranted in an adult forum about motorbikes that is not created for neo nazis
Maybe you should just migrate to Argentina like all your buddies did after WW2

Justify your comments - show other (if any) readers exactly how and where anything in that post justifies your personal attack, claims and suggestions? :scratch: I don't think you even read it? :tugger:

husaberg
7th March 2020, 16:51
Justify your comments - show other (if any) readers exactly how and where anything in that post justifies your personal attack, claims and suggestions? :scratch: I don't think you even read it? :tugger:

Tell you what john i will justify that post in its entirety when you justify every single other of the hundreds of the ther racist posts you have made.
You are a racist egg you constantly parrots racist crap
I am not the only person who has called you a racist ,there has been probably at least ten others that have pointed out numerous occasions you post bigoted and antisemitic material.
https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/122031-My-first-poll-for-the-NZ-public?p=1130911845&highlight=racist#post1130911845

oldrider
8th March 2020, 08:36
Families that spray together stay together? - https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1236305516848177152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AHenryMakow% 7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.henrymakow.com%2F - Well, maybe in China anyway? - (The burk could do with a dusting of that stuff) :msn-wink:

Viking01
9th March 2020, 07:00
Well, just a map and a few curves.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

oldrider
9th March 2020, 15:02
CORONAVIRUS : WHAT YOU CAN DO? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNYtp2cRkEI - :confused: - up to you? - Time will tell. - :wait:

<iframe width="293" height="165" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gNYtp2cRkEI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swoop
9th March 2020, 19:38
As if it wasn't bad enough being Dyslexic, now I've got the Racoon virus.

pritch
13th March 2020, 10:17
NZ has been lucky so far, and may that continue, but Pasifika, Womad etc may change that. I saw a comment that Disneyland should close but thought the money involved might be the prime consideration. It has just been announced though that Disneyland will close Saturday. No mention of Disney World.

Bonez
13th March 2020, 10:31
NZ has been lucky so far, and may that continue, but Pasifika, Womad etc may change that. I saw a comment that Disneyland should close but thought the money involved might be the prime consideration. It has just been announced though that Disneyland will close Saturday. No mention of Disney World.I'm sure the Kremlin would have up to date info on that.

pritch
13th March 2020, 10:40
Pasifika has just been cancelled. There is speculation that the people who would have attended will attend other big music events in Auckland, although one may wonder why those events are still on.

And then there's this:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120245422/cricket-australia-on-verge-of-decision-on-black-caps-odi-with-adandonment-an-option

oldrider
13th March 2020, 11:04
Coronavirus End Game:- https://www.activistpost.com/2020/03/coronavirus-end-game-the-economic-crisis-roll-out-of-the-new-digital-financial-system.html - :bye:

<iframe width="777" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kLm31bsZXYI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Viking01
13th March 2020, 11:25
I'm sure the Kremlin would have up to date info on that.

https://sputniknews.com/world/202002051078230193-disney-says-coronavirus-outbreak-could-cost-company-175-million/

But for the latest from the land of the free:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/disneyland-is-closing-as-california-bans-large-gatherings-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

TheDemonLord
13th March 2020, 12:04
I was looking forward to watching the F1 start, especially after watching the Netflix thingy.

Now, I might have to spend time with the family and interact with other people.

Surely this increases the risk of catching a disease....

jasonu
13th March 2020, 16:25
I was looking forward to watching the F1 start, especially after watching the Netflix thingy.

Now, I might have to spend time with the family and interact with other people.

Surely this increases the risk of catching a disease....

Yep.
Thanks for nothing bat eating chinese cunts.

MaxPenguin
13th March 2020, 16:37
Why not just let it run through the world's population now. It is going to anyway, get it over and done with.
What if nz is really good at stopping it? Woohoo, we are the best at stopping coronavirus. Also the best at killing our number one industry, tourism and all other related industries. Let it run I say.

oldrider
13th March 2020, 17:32
So! - Nobody told them then? - https://twitter.com/i/status/1238283849232195584 - :cool:

Viking01
13th March 2020, 19:13
US Response

It must be reassuring for the average US citizen that Don went on US TV last night to address their fears, and let them know that all is under control. Not only announcing a 30 day travel suspension for European travellers to the US, but supposedly offering “financial support” to US citizens.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3074769/donald-trump-announces-suspension-travel-europe-us

Needless to say, EU politicians were unimpressed by the US announcement, especially since it was announced without any EU consultation (and with a UK exemption).

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/11/21175949/europe-travel-ban-coronavirus-trump

Regarding proposed US “financial support”, it is interesting to contrast the difference in approaches adopted by Republican teams (e.g. Trump 2019 - payroll tax deferments; low interest loans for small businesses; vs Bush 2008 – direct payments to citizens). Given that many US citizens are not in full time paid employment (part time or gig) – and many cannot afford healthcare insurance, one might have thought direct payments to have been more effective. Even the Democrats can apparently appreciate the difference.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/486739-democrats-balk-at-trump-payroll-tax-cut

And that while Trump stated that “he would expand sick care”, enhanced sick leave legislation was voted down by the Republicans.

https://truthout.org/video/trump-calls-covid-19-foreign-virus-as-us-fails-to-curtail-its-spread/

Surprisingly (or maybe not), despite strong citizen support for "Medicare for All" in states participating in the Democrat primaries, Biden stated that (if he was elected President) he would veto "Medicare for All" legislation should it cross his desk. Why? Because he contends that it “is unaffordable” and it “would bankrupt the country” (despite an earlier economic analysis concluding quite the opposite).

Not only self-funding (in terms of healthcare savings), but lower pharmaceutical costs to US consumers (though a reduction in the exorbitant profit margins enjoyed by the US pharmaceutical industry).

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2019/02/07/economic-analysis-medicare-all-act-2017-unveiled-sanders-institute-gathering

Strangely enough, there always seems to be enough money for the US military budget.

Guess that it must be a matter of priorities, and which political donors have the deepest pockets in an election year.

https://www.juancole.com/2019/07/military-industrial-complex.html

IMF Loans

After reading the IMF "pitch" about “supporting countries in need”, I see that Iran has just requested some IMF funding assistance to address Covid-19:

https://www.intellinews.com/iran-goes-to-imf-for-first-time-since-1960s-and-scraps-new-year-events-in-face-of-pandemic-178416/?source=iran

Will the IMF approve a loan? But if it does, will it have plenty of attached conditionalities? I watch with interest what will be the outcome.

pete376403
13th March 2020, 19:38
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/coronavirus-trump-europe-travel-ban-exclude-uk-ireland-golf-courses-2020-3?fbclid=IwAR2KWjSDwkEaf5YBdf69YGr-tz8nNGyMgUyNFrnGAS5pOQEO4ya36Fb0Jdc&r=US&IR=T
Trump's coronavirus travel ban excludes the countries where he has golf courses struggling for business

Viking01
14th March 2020, 08:17
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

pritch
14th March 2020, 09:18
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Womad is currently on in town here: performers from all over the world, concert goers from all over the country. Many of the out of towners are camping at the racecourse where hygiene standards aren't quite what they might be at home. If the virus isn't in town next week it'll be a miracle.

Having now read the whole article, the author appears to be on the ball. The official figures always lag behind what is happening in reality. Countries that dealt with previous epidemics were aware of that problem and took decisive action immediately. Others, including us, not so much. If the government had suddenly closed schools, businesses and all public gatherings before there were significant numbers of cases there'd be an uproar. So instead we react to the evidence. It is the nature of a pandemic though that since the evidence is always lagging, the reaction is too late.

Viking01
14th March 2020, 09:24
I have been regularly keeping in touch with family in Denmark, and hearing about what action Denmark is taking re CV. Overnight, the Danes announced that they too would close their borders. While it has one land border (Germany), it is in some respects alike NZ. So it has been interesting to hear what actions they are now taking to stem the CV spread, while allowing some degree of normal daily life to proceed.

http://cphpost.dk/?p=111178

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200302/denmark-places-122-in-coronavirus-quarantine-what-do-you-need-to-know-and-how-concerned-should-you-be

So, in the interest of safety, all Viking crusades have been temporarily postponed until further notice

husaberg
14th March 2020, 10:25
I have been regularly keeping in touch with family in Denmark, While it has one land border (Germany),e

From what i understand that border hasn't been that successful at keeping zee Germans out in the past:whistle:
6 hours maybe...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdtbERgRu5A

Maha
14th March 2020, 12:04
We're off to Perth next month..the only precautionary measures we are taking are some bacterial wipes for the seat arm rests and tv screen. I would normally have those with me anyway. I never touch a public toilet door with my bare hands, I either kick it open or use a paper towel and discard it in the nearest bin. Actually, three trips to Aussie this year and there is no intension of us on not going.

Viking01
14th March 2020, 14:20
From what i understand that border hasn't been that successful at keeping zee Germans out in the past:whistle:
6 hours maybe...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdtbERgRu5A

Six hours to invade ? Yes , sad but true. But the alternative was not attractive.

Denmark had declared itself neutral (again) at the start of WW2. Herr Hitler had even signed a non-aggression pact with the Danes barely a year earlier, but he didn't let that stop him from invading. Apart from being a useful source of food for German armed forces, Denmark was a stepping stone on the way to Norway (to capture the iron ore deposits in Narvik up in the north).

After having seen what happened what happened to Warsaw in 1939, Danish PM Stauning was worried that the Germans would bomb and destroy Copenhagen if Denmark was to resist occupation. So capitulation was a sad but a pragmatic choice. No prizes for getting your fellow countrymen killed needlessly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_invasion_of_Denmark_(1940)

The Dutch found out the hard way what happens when you resist a month after the Danes, where the Netherlands were invaded and Rotterdam was very heavily bombed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_bombing_of_Rotterdam

Some of mine and my wife's (Dutch) family had personal experience of these episodes.

But the Germans did not have it all their own way in Denmark (until its liberation in May 1945).

Two books that might be of interest to some (the first on the Holger Danske Resistance movement) are:
1. Resistance Fighter, by Jorgen Kieler
2. Hitler's Savage Canary, by David Lampe

Not only sabotaging factories and railway lines being forcibly used for the German war effort, but also helping with ferrying Jews across the Kattegat to safety in Sweden.

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/world-war-two/resistance-movements/the-danish-resistance/
https://www.history.com/news/wwii-danish-jews-survival-holocaust

So, yes, while the country was occupied (and in quick time), the Danes did not give up actively resisting.

On a slightly related topic (to Covid-19), I did see an article last year about Denmark having just completed a fence between Denmark and Germany to keep the swine out. It was only after I started reading the article that I realised that it related to pigs.

https://www.dw.com/en/denmark-completes-contentious-fence-along-german-border/a-51496704

husaberg
14th March 2020, 15:53
S

On a slightly related topic (to Covid-19), I did see an article last year about Denmark having just completed a fence between Denmark and Germany to keep the swine out. It was only after I started reading the article that I realised that it related to pigs.

https://www.dw.com/en/denmark-completes-contentious-fence-along-german-border/a-51496704

filthy swines
i cant see a wall being an effective barrier to drugs dealing rapist Mexicans, but it might be useful for wild boar.
but either way with all those windmills in Denmark producing renewable energy, you will all just get cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0s5Zqmb09g
<iframe width="729" height="410" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5AsnxsuoKIA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/08/ted-cruz-predicted-in-2016-that-donald-trump-would-nuke-denmark-if-the-twitterer-in-chief-became-president/

george formby
14th March 2020, 16:14
We're off to Perth next month..the only precautionary measures we are taking are some bacterial wipes for the seat arm rests and tv screen. I would normally have those with me anyway. I never touch a public toilet door with my bare hands, I either kick it open or use a paper towel and discard it in the nearest bin. Actually, three trips to Aussie this year and there is no intension of us on not going.

You're onto it.

Sanny wipes are way smarter than hand spooge IMHO.

I know a fair bit about cross contamination, bacteria and viruses. Clean it before you touch it!

Viking01
14th March 2020, 17:03
i cant see a wall being an effective barrier to drugs dealing rapist Mexicans, but it might be useful for wild boar.
but either way with all those windmills in Denmark producing renewable energy, you will all just get cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0s5Zqmb09g
<iframe width="729" height="410" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5AsnxsuoKIA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/08/ted-cruz-predicted-in-2016-that-donald-trump-would-nuke-denmark-if-the-twitterer-in-chief-became-president/

Not all wild boar are the same. The German ones - we can largely deal with using a fence. But for the orange haired wild bore - well, we had to use another approach (but still very effective).

https://www.dw.com/en/trump-cancels-denmark-trip-over-greenland-snub/a-50105650

Donald doesn't handle rejection well. We can only hope that Ted Cruz is not right, and that Donald will settle just for making the Danish Ambassador persona non grata.

Thanks. I'll put the link to that video clip of Donald on wind turbines along with the other one below. It makes about as much sense.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-wind-windmills-fumes/

As for bald eagle mortality: It seems that Donald was maybe being a little selective with the facts.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-bald-eagles-dead-wind-turbines-8914861

Strangely, we don't have the same problem with bald eagles in Denmark.

MaxPenguin
14th March 2020, 17:14

Maybe not...........

pritch
14th March 2020, 18:32
We're off to Perth next month..the only precautionary measures we are taking are some bacterial wipes for the seat arm rests and tv screen.

That might take care of the bacteria. Now, what have you got for the viruses? Virii?

oldrider
14th March 2020, 19:26
Substitutes are quickly being improvised to solve the toilet paper crisis. - :rolleyes: - https://twitter.com/jamesperloff/status/1238578460060258310?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AHenryMakow&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.henrymakow.com%2F - :sunny:

Maha
15th March 2020, 12:33
Maybe not...........

That might take care of the bacteria. Now, what have you got for the viruses? Virii?

After listening to our beloved Leader yesterday advising that EVERYONE entering NZ from midnight tonight (Sunday) will need to self quarantine for 14 days...we have decided to NOT go to Perth in April. The cost to us for doing that would be substantial. Our Business minders would cost us an extra $3780 on top of the nine nights we would be away totalling $6210. Luckily, it looks like we can a flight credit for 12 months. Our May weekend trip will probably go the same way, not so bad if lose out on that, we got cheap 'Grab a Seat'. Our August trip to north Queensland should be okay and it is essential that make that trip, grandchild number three will about a week old. ..finger crossed.

PS: Is there such a product as Viral Wipes Pitch? :confused:

Viking01
15th March 2020, 13:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4

jellywrestler
15th March 2020, 15:08
. Actually, three trips to Aussie this year and there is no intension of us on not going.

begs the question why haven't we seen a tsunami of advertising stay in nz for your holiday? there's a lot of reasons to 'buy local' at the moment

MaxPenguin
15th March 2020, 16:17
How about the selfish stupid cunt from Australia that came here even though he was awaiting test results in Australia after travelling from france. He is our 7th case. What an asshole.

Naki Rat
15th March 2020, 16:27
This article doesn't pull punches in criticising the US response to the COVID19 threat: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/coronavirus-shows-us-america-is-broken.html

Things are going to get pretty ugly there, pretty quickly!

Without going back through the 9 pages of this thread I don't know if anyone else has recommended Dr John Campbell's YouTube channel posts on COVID19. This has been by far the best source of educated and straight talking information on the disease since back in late January.
https://youtu.be/BYTFk34nhoI

ellipsis
15th March 2020, 19:49
...if this turns out to be the politically,long awaited apocalypse that anarchic life dwellers have been waiting for, then it may have blindsided them... this has been portrayed for so long, it has become a best seller of many books and futuristic prophesies in film and TV...which are often prophetic in themselves...and maybe even in my lifetime...wow...things will become very politically and agenda steered...I don't know the Mark they refer to, but you should 'take mark's word for it'...

...taking our guns is all part of it...inside info and direction...and our wee Jac is right for the job...

...funny old world...:eek5: as long as we can get fuel and good oil...

husaberg
15th March 2020, 20:45
...if this turns out to be the politically,long awaited apocalypse that anarchic life dwellers have been waiting for, then it may have blindsided them... this has been portrayed for so long, it has become a best seller of many books and futuristic prophesies in film and TV...which are often prophetic in themselves...and maybe even in my lifetime...wow...things will become very politically and agenda steered...I don't know the Mark they refer to, but you should 'take mark's word for it'...

...taking our guns is all part of it...inside info and direction...and our wee Jac is right for the job...

...funny old world...:eek5: as long as we can get fuel and good oil...

Putin's just changed the Russian constitution so he can president for life, but that only applies for him.

jellywrestler
15th March 2020, 20:59
How about the selfish stupid cunt from Australia that came here even though he was awaiting test results in Australia after travelling from france. He is our 7th case. What an asshole.

the real question here is was the test part of a standard test for all people in line or was he tested as he showed signs or thought he was ill? if it's the first it's just the media making a story....

i looked at the same thing on stuff and nz herald, they each reported it one way or the other

meanwhile there's a lynch mob out for him...

TheDemonLord
15th March 2020, 21:38
For those of the IT persuasion or at least familiar with Networking fundamentals:

Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) all TCP applications are being converted to UDP to avoid handshakes

jellywrestler
15th March 2020, 22:10
For those of the IT persuasion or at least familiar with Networking fundamentals:

Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) all TCP applications are being converted to UDP to avoid handshakes

i'm avoiding handshakes, not cause of the virus, just don't know who has and who hasn't got shit paper these days...

jasonu
16th March 2020, 04:58

You don't have to worry anymore as the tooth monster has put in place 'the worlds strongest measures' to stop infected infiltrators...
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12316866

Pamphlet anybody?

MaxPenguin
16th March 2020, 06:14
You don't have to worry anymore as the tooth monster has put in place 'the worlds strongest measures' to stop infected infiltrators...
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12316866

Pamphlet anybody?

Lol the chicks name in that article is Deepa Shetty.

reasonable
16th March 2020, 06:32
Virus Alert!

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “Its not us”

oldrider
16th March 2020, 08:09
Man contrived - man controlled - chaos followed by order - "New World Order"? - surprise? :no: https://twitter.com/HenryMakow/status/1239251063565402113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AHenryMakow&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.henrymakow.com%2F - :msn-wink:

<iframe width="507" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X29lF43mUlo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Naki Rat
16th March 2020, 08:42
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/trump-administration-tried-to-pay-germans-scientists-for-coronavirus-cure-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

POTUS is truly a POS!

TheDemonLord
16th March 2020, 08:52
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/trump-administration-tried-to-pay-germans-scientists-for-coronavirus-cure-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

POTUS is truly a POS!

It's interesting that we don't have the full and un-altered quotation from what was said, only a little snippet, pro-porting to be what was said.

It's not like the Media have omitted key parts of a statement by the God Emperor in the past to completely change the meaning of what was said...

I suspect that when the article claims he says 'Exclusive to the US' - this actually means that they merely want to manufacture and secure the needed numbers exclusive to the US first, before production for other areas is undertaken.

mashman
16th March 2020, 08:58
POTUS is truly a POS!

You're shitting me? An entire planet is threatened by a pandemic and the pharmaceutical industry return to their silos to see how can create the first vaccine in order to secure market position. You don't find anything disturbing about such information being used for profit and not to actually race to get a cure by sharing the results of each in real-time?

Stupid world ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Happy to watch people die so long as competition and business ethics are maintained :killingme

TheDemonLord
16th March 2020, 09:04
Stupid Marxists ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Happy to watch people die so long as the environment is fine

Indeed....

jellywrestler
16th March 2020, 09:28

POTUS is truly a POS!

didn't hitler do that with nuclear bombs?

MaxPenguin
16th March 2020, 11:15
I see that Britain are letting it run through the population, isolating the most vulnerable.
Good strategy I reckon

Viking01
16th March 2020, 11:42
didn't hitler do that with nuclear bombs?

Think that you'll find that Germany lost many of its nuclear physicists (from the
early 1930's onwards) for obvious reasons. To the gain of the UK and US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_weapons_program#Politicization

And that the German nuclear programme never extended beyond an experimental
stage.

Aided by several other actions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage

Viking01
16th March 2020, 11:43
I see that Britain are letting it run through the population, isolating the most vulnerable.
Good strategy I reckon

Why would you think so ? Perhaps you could briefly explain your thinking ?

F5 Dave
16th March 2020, 11:47
Could be politically very dangerous. If let's say the death rate is at the low end of the 0.7-3% sometimes quoted that is still 1/2 a million people dead. Ok dividing that by a smaller amount if they can get it to peter out, divide it by any number you choose, it will be a lot of people.
And a lot of angry people over this decision.

Dangerous. And possibly violent.

Maha
16th March 2020, 12:06

Phone call today..an Australian wanting to book a room at our Motel. We pointed out about the isolation policy, and for when he returns to Aussie..another two weeks. He wasn't really clear on the terms, but there is no way in hell that he can come and stay here, then self isolate while catching up with his mates (he is coming over for a party) He thought the isolation period only in place for the next was 14 days. How many times did we have to explain this to him? 4-5 times but he kinda got it in the end.

MaxPenguin
16th March 2020, 12:35
Why would you think so ? Perhaps you could briefly explain your thinking ?

It will stop the self isolation at the drop of a hat scenario. This will be bad for business.Look after the elderly and more vulnerable people. Everyone else will just get sick for a few days mostly.

Blackbird
16th March 2020, 12:59
It will stop the self isolation at the drop of a hat scenario. This will be bad for business.Look after the elderly and more vulnerable people. Everyone else will just get sick for a few days mostly.

Hopefully not introduced for the next 3 weeks. My wife is visiting family in Devon and she, like me is over 70. I have doubts about any western nation being able to adequately look after the vulnerable and elderly, let alone visitors to the UK. (Not that I think of myself as elderly and riding a Duke 790 proves it :innocent:)

Viking01
16th March 2020, 13:28

Thanks for the reply. I have to say that I am just much less optimistic. I guess that time will tell.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/03/how-the-covid-19-shock-is-different.html

The Comments section has some interesting comments on the "herd" approach (immunity across the population).

Cheers.

[Edit]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-herd-immunity-coronavirus-covid-19

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3075368/uks-coronavirus-herd-immunity-plan-deadly-gamble

onearmedbandit
16th March 2020, 13:50
They walk among us...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-51903149/australian-man-charged-over-supermarket-assault

mashman
16th March 2020, 14:46
Could be politically very dangerous. If let's say the death rate is at the low end of the 0.7-3% sometimes quoted that is still 1/2 a million people dead. Ok dividing that by a smaller amount if they can get it to peter out, divide it by any number you choose, it will be a lot of people.
And a lot of angry people over this decision.

Dangerous. And possibly violent.

Watched Stephen Colbert today, wife home sick so the TV was on, and he was presenting to an empty crowd, well, the people from the office. He gave the best description of the situation to date. Paraphrased: It's about balance. But how do you balance the virus when you don't know whether it's the equivalent of a feather or a brick.

oldrider
16th March 2020, 14:53
They walk among us...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-51903149/australian-man-charged-over-supermarket-assault

Order out of Chaos? - Well it looks like we are heading right on track into Chaos? - :msn-wink: ........... :wait: Watch as the master plan gradually unfolds - should you live through it? :shifty:

Naki Rat
16th March 2020, 15:10
didn't hitler do that with nuclear bombs?Interesting that you make that implication. I recently watched the propaganda movie the National Socialist German Workers' Party (AKA Nazis) produced based on the 1930s Nuremberg Rallies. (Reference to the movie was made in Clive James' Cultural Amnesia book). If you want to view it find it yourself as I'm not comfortable linking to it.

The similarity between the crowds' reaction to Hitler and that of the MAGA crowds to Trump was striking, and disturbing to say the least :(

pzkpfw
16th March 2020, 17:21
Interesting that you make that implication. I recently watched the propaganda movie the National Socialist German Workers' Party (AKA Nazis) produced based on the 1930s Nuremberg Rallies. (Reference to the movie was made in Clive James' Cultural Amnesia book). If you want to view it find it yourself as I'm not comfortable linking to it.

The similarity between the crowds' reaction to Hitler and that of the MAGA crowds to Trump was striking, and disturbing to say the least :(

The parallels are scary: https://www.newsweek.com/hitler-incompetent-lazy-nazi-government-clown-show-opinion-1408136

Bonez
16th March 2020, 17:55
Hopefully not introduced for the next 3 weeks. My wife is visiting family in Devon and she, like me is over 70. I have doubts about any western nation being able to adequately look after the vulnerable and elderly, let alone visitors to the UK. (Not that I think of myself as elderly and riding a Duke 790 proves it :innocent:)Nah you'rr just reverting back to your childhood. Apparently it happpens to old folk. Can't wait till I hit 70. 60 is bad enough.....

Blackbird
16th March 2020, 18:03
Nah you'rr just reverting back to your childhood. Apparently it happpens to old folk. Can't wait till I hit 70. 60 is bad enough.....

Haha, if you listen to my wife, I've never grown up :laugh: . Before the 790, a GSX-S 1000, a Street Triple before that and a Blackbird before that. There a bit of history looking back - none of them exactly vanilla :cool:

husaberg
16th March 2020, 19:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA

Swoop
16th March 2020, 19:48
Everyone else will just get sick for a few days mostly.

Stopping it spreading is essentially impossible.
All that is happening is to minimise the amount of loading on our hospital and medical systems. If it spread quickly, then a total collapse of the health system would occur.

pete376403
16th March 2020, 20:26
Politicians wont let the virus take out the older people - they are the ones who keep on voting the conservative/republican/national parties into power. In other news, national MP for Lower Hutt Chris Bishop announced he was taking voluntary self quarantine after visiting Australia last week. Pretty easy to do (self quarantine) when you are on full pay and your job doesn't really make any difference anyway.

russd7
17th March 2020, 17:47
the flow on effect is what is going to hurt the most, tourist dollars are well down on previous years, less money to flow round, had my hours cut today, no more overtime for a while

GazzaH
17th March 2020, 18:17
Stopping it spreading is essentially impossible.
All that is happening is to minimise the amount of loading on our hospital and medical systems. If it spread quickly, then a total collapse of the health system would occur.

Maybe, maybe not. It would be under extreme strain, true, and both treatment and the health service (not least the healthcare pro's) would suffer. But there's more to it than that: look at what's happening now in Italy. An economy with no time to react takes a nose-dive in a crisis. We have the luxury of (a little) time to prepare: how are your preparations going?

F5 Dave
17th March 2020, 19:32
Well I've bought the shop out of toilet paper and hand sanitiser, but apparently bread and flour are gone now . I was intending on making hand sanitiser slushies with bread dippers.

Must pick up some ammo tomorrow.

Don't have a gun, but if I'm buying it, no one else is.

mashman
18th March 2020, 07:16
Well I've bought the shop out of toilet paper and hand sanitiser, but apparently bread and flour are gone now . I was intending on making hand sanitiser slushies with bread dippers.

Must pick up some ammo tomorrow.

Don't have a gun, but if I'm buying it, no one else is.

Finally got our flour, dunno how you'll cope. Now I can find the wet spot again given the amount of shagging that's been taking place.

jellywrestler
18th March 2020, 09:06
Now I can find the wet spot again given the amount of shagging that's been taking place.
one way or another we're all going to be fucked, physically emotionally or financially

Blackbird
18th March 2020, 10:20
one way or another we're all going to be fucked, physically emotionally or financially

Currently trying to sort out an early return from the UK for my wife. That will be a financial fucking over then........ :wacko:. Looking on the (only) bright side, at least we can take the boat out and go fishing in the isolation period.

Madness
18th March 2020, 10:39
Now I can find the wet spot again given the amount of shagging that's been taking place.

Future-proof it.

https://gloimg.gbtcdn.com/soa/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2019/08/31/goods_img_big-v5/20190831114336_21629.jpg

Oakie
18th March 2020, 15:35
Checked my Kiwisaver account last down. Down 4% on the balance 3 weeks ago.

mashman
18th March 2020, 15:59

Yeah that bit kind of grinds my gears too... but hey, it could be worse, we could have run out of food or water.

Future-proof it.

ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa... Great for measuring average stroke distance.

sidecar bob
18th March 2020, 16:16

Chin up mate. I always had you tagged as a glass half full kind of guy.
I'm a little annoyed with some people that think self isolating is some kind of joke though. Selfish cunts.

Viking01
18th March 2020, 16:17
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/China-says-Japan-developed-drug-Avigan-works-against-coronavirus

mashman
18th March 2020, 16:27
Chin up mate. I always had you tagged as a glass half full kind of guy.

I took his remark as stating the blindingly obvious without judgement. Maybe he appreciates what is currently happening to others even though it might not happen to him or anyone he knows. It's called empathy and has nothing to do with how he is seeing the world.

You see the world as you are.

sidecar bob
18th March 2020, 16:31
I took his remark as stating the blindingly obvious without judgement. Maybe he appreciates what is currently happening to others even though it might not happen to him or anyone he knows. It's called empathy and has nothing to do with how he is seeing the world.

You see the world as you are.

He may well be completely correct, I didn't dispute that at all. Where did you suck that from?

mashman
18th March 2020, 16:38
He may well be completely correct, I didn't dispute that at all. Where did you suck that from?

It's true. You guys look at me and see a fantastic projection of what I Am Not. Therefore you are seeing Me as You are, not how I actually Am. It's a part of humanistics and a few other teachings, but I saw it n the bumper of a car.

Swoop
18th March 2020, 18:36
...look at what's happening now in Italy. An economy with no time to react takes a nose-dive in a crisis. We have the luxury of (a little) time to prepare: how are your preparations going?
Italy had the same opportunities to monitor the outbreak in Wuhan and start preparing accordingly. Since they like tourist income, they sat back and did fuck all, so what occurred isn't unpredictable.
NZ had the same opportunity but this inept government did fuck all for a week and then a small half-hearted approach. They have finally woken up and it can be perfectly evident that a "coelition" of parties that do not get along, isn't the type of leaders we need in times of difficulty.

My preps?
Pantry is usually good for a couple of weeks survival. Will go out and hunt goats and deer to add to it.

Yours?

Katman
18th March 2020, 18:59
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/China-says-Japan-developed-drug-Avigan-works-against-coronavirus

Fuck me, China's getting into the pharmaceutical war.

Hold on to your hats.

sidecar bob
18th March 2020, 19:06
Phew, an antidote,
I'm sure Dave will be jumping straight on board:facepalm:
https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/civic/pastor-endorses-oil-as-covid-19-antidote/articleshow/74642824.cms

mulletman
18th March 2020, 19:10
Future-proof it.

https://gloimg.gbtcdn.com/soa/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2019/08/31/goods_img_big-v5/20190831114336_21629.jpg
Needs 2G network so Vodafone sim should work.

sidecar bob
18th March 2020, 19:11
Fuck me, China's getting into the pharmaceutical war.

Hold on to your hats.

I watched an article that suggested they used dried chicken shit as a foundation for some of their fake meds.

jellywrestler
18th March 2020, 19:55
I watched an article that suggested they used dried chicken shit as a foundation for some of their fake meds.

that'll cut out some of the mcdonalds menu options if they divert their resources...

jasonu
19th March 2020, 02:32
Feeling safer yet?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12317914

MaxPenguin
19th March 2020, 06:16
Feeling safer yet?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12317914

They don't want to stop the virus, just slow it down. Maybe they are letting the odd one through to control it's spread?

oldrider
19th March 2020, 08:05
The unprecedented number of CEOs resigning was because they knew a plot to tank the economy was in place. The same way insider trading took place before 9/11.

http://theculturechronicles.com/index.php/2020/03/17/the-unprecedented-number-of-ceos-resigning-was-because-they-knew-a-plot-to-tank-the-economy-was-in-place-the-same-way-insider-trading-took-place-before-9-11/

MaxPenguin
19th March 2020, 08:45
The unprecedented number of CEOs resigning was because they knew a plot to tank the economy was in place. The same way insider trading took place before 9/11.

http://theculturechronicles.com/index.php/2020/03/17/the-unprecedented-number-of-ceos-resigning-was-because-they-knew-a-plot-to-tank-the-economy-was-in-place-the-same-way-insider-trading-took-place-before-9-11/

Or maybe it's the boomers opting to retire earluer because they can afford to.

mashman
19th March 2020, 10:23
Just heard from my Sister in t UK. She mentioned something about the government considering the closing of school til the end of the summer. 6 months give or take. Childcare provision springs to mind as the obvious issue.

What happens when you send everyone home on full pay who's job serves no purpose? :blip:... you're about to find out. Whether you wish to make it a permanent arrangement may well be an option on the other side. You see the world as you are ;)

Blackbird
19th March 2020, 11:23
Having a bit of a 'mare trying to get my wife home from the UK. Not many seats to NZ at present and it looks like some of the airlines are price-gouging. Not the place to talk about the detail but our travel agent has just told me that a one way business class seat for tomorrow on a particular airline which was quoted a $4500 last night has been re-quoted at $9700. Looks like it's going to be a stressful day.......

Berries
19th March 2020, 13:22
Having a bit of a 'mare trying to get my wife home from the UK. Not many seats to NZ at present and it looks like some of the airlines are price-gouging. Not the place to talk about the detail but our travel agent has just told me that a one way business class seat for tomorrow on a particular airline which was quoted a $4500 last night has been re-quoted at $9700. Looks like it's going to be a stressful day.......

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/au/?

Blackbird
19th March 2020, 13:39
https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/au/?

Another bottomless hole to pour money into :laugh:

There might be some light at the end of the tunnel with a flight out of the UK on Saturday but not saying until she's actually on the plane!

F5 Dave
19th March 2020, 16:59
Phew, an antidote,
I'm sure Dave will be jumping straight on board:facepalm:
https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/civic/pastor-endorses-oil-as-covid-19-antidote/articleshow/74642824.cms
Oh Fuck Yeah! I'm all over this!:banana:

Although the cows urine option did sound good too.

Send your money to F5Jesus c/o . . .

husaberg
19th March 2020, 17:42
Oh Fuck Yeah! I'm all over this!:banana:

Although the cows urine option did sound good too.

Send your money to F5Jesus c/o . . .

I can happily supply as much bovine urine as you require.

Autech
19th March 2020, 17:57
Works picked up big time for the ICT folks, fair few businesses getting their staff to work from home which means lots of networky stuff to be done to facilitate that if they've not had it in place to begin with.

Fun times.

Spark NZ have banned all domestic travel for their staff too, so they're not traveling tween cities etc doing mahi, interesting times for sure.

ellipsis
19th March 2020, 18:23
I can happily supply as much bovine urine as you require.

...nah...she's right...you provide more than an adequate amount of bovine shite already...any more bovine posts would be superlative to your internet needs...surely...<_<

F5 Dave
19th March 2020, 18:27
And here is my form as I walk on earth amongst you mere mortals. https://www.mediavillage.com/article/black-jesus-is-back-to-save-us-all/

Berries
19th March 2020, 18:32
Another bottomless hole to pour money into :laugh:
If she heard you talk like that I doubt she would want to come back.

husaberg
19th March 2020, 19:24
...nah...she's right...you provide more than an adequate amount of bovine shite already...any more bovine posts would be superlative to your internet needs...surely...<_<

Fair enough, but i would like to point out that you were seen buying a crate of these last wednesday.
proudly aussie made its a BAARGIN, Lubricates and penetrates and is a protection aye
https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/dw/image/v2/BBRV_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-srg-internal-master-catalog/default/dw3ee8a118/images/420379/SCA_420379_hi-res.jpg
https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/sca-sca-lanolin-spray-300g/420379.html

OddDuck
19th March 2020, 21:02
...and on a more serious note - at midnight tonight, NZ closes its borders. It's all over MSM / Stuff / etc but here's the link anyway:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120423903/coronavirus-prime-minister-to-make-announcement-on-border-controls

I completely support this decision BTW, even a casual look at what's happened in 3 weeks to Italy says that this has to happen.

A couple of comments, and yes they're flippant but hey take your positives where you can find them:

1) there are going to be fuck-all tourist drivers on the road in 2020, we'll only have the homegrown idiot varietals this year. No tourist buses either. If you want to ride Milford Sound, and the road's been sorted, it's not going to get better than now.

2) logging trucks! There's going to be an intermission in the parade of logging trucks smashing the crap out of the roads

3) maybe the planet urgently needed us to stop flying on jet planes. And cutting down on commuter transport too. Yes the bikes add to this, but there's no way that me running around the Wairarapa all weekend beats someone taking a casual holiday in Tahiti.

4) this isn't going to be the only one. We've built perfect conditions for a global pandemic, this was always going to happen, lessons learnt this time are going to serve us well in the next one.

5) Bikers as tourists are going to be welcomed with open arms, although we'll see how that goes in weeks to come. In the meantime support your ride-over-the-hill local, they need you.

husaberg
19th March 2020, 22:15
...and on a more serious note -

5) Bikers as tourists are going to be welcomed with open arms.

I think you missed a memo ;)

jellywrestler
19th March 2020, 23:25
I completely support this decision BTW, even a casual look at what's happened in 3 weeks to Italy says that this has to happen.

it's a tough game, today in italy they lost 1 in 142117 of their population, and it will happen tommorow and so on, the bulk number 425 or so makes it sound like they're dropping in the streets.

thing is, the majority are very old, so what do those of this age who survive come out of it like?

my father in law got pneumonia a few months ago, we were given the option to let it run or intervene, we naturally took the later, he got through it but lost a lot of what he had left, it fucked him, thankfully a few weeks later he fell off his perch in his sleep.
had it returned we would have let it take it's natural course simply, he needed to go..

So as said, are these really old people getting fully better when out of it, haven't heard?

jellywrestler
19th March 2020, 23:27
every other country affected has a list of number with it, number dead from it, and number who have got through it.
nz just have how many have had it, have we had no-one that's officially ticked off as through the other side?

SaferRides
20th March 2020, 00:14
I think there have been a few cases where they have been in hospital and recovered.

It's probably a numbers game though - once there are a decent number of cases, then we will start to see a few becoming very ill.

It seems to me there has been a change in NZ's approach over the last week or so from let's slow it down to trying seriously to keep it out, which may well be politically driven.

sidecar bob
20th March 2020, 03:32
it's a tough game, today in italy they lost 1 in 142117 of their population, and it will happen tommorow and so on, the bulk number 425 or so makes it sound like they're dropping in the streets.

thing is, the majority are very old, so what do those of this age who survive come out of it like?

my father in law got pneumonia a few months ago, we were given the option to let it run or intervene, we naturally took the later, he got through it but lost a lot of what he had left, it fucked him, thankfully a few weeks later he fell off his perch in his sleep.
had it returned we would have let it take it's natural course simply, he needed to go..

So as said, are these really old people getting fully better when out of it, haven't heard?
So basically one person per the population of Tauranga per day, Tauranga is losing more than one person a day at the moment & has done for years, that's how they keep three or four funeral homes going.
It would be interesting to know what the daily average death rate is in Italy & how much that has increased by.
With a population of over 60 million, it will be a significant number on a good day. I calculated the Italian attributed death rate at around .0008% per day
As my mate Trevor said the other day, some of these people are simply dying from too many birthdays.
You can blame what you like, but if your 96 year old granny dies from it, it's probably not the root cause.

F5 Dave
20th March 2020, 06:07
HeHeHe. You said Root cause.

F5 Dave
20th March 2020, 06:16
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12316772

Let's go pray away the virus sez Brian. Don't forget to give him a big kiss, he likes that.

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 06:16
HeHeHe. You said Root cause.

i had a root canal done once at my dentist, root canals cost a lot too.

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 06:22
So basically one person per the population of Tauranga per day, Tauranga is losing more than one person a day at the moment & has done for years, that's how they keep three or four funeral homes going.
It would be interesting to know what the daily average death rate is in Italy & how much that has increased by.
With a population of over 60 million, it will be a significant number on a good day. I calculated the Italian attributed death rate at around .0008% per day
As my mate Trevor said the other day, some of these people are simply dying from too many birthdays.
You can blame what you like, but if your 96 year old granny dies from it, it's probably not the root cause.

The greedy society we've made for ourselves will be the biggest killer, i've lost 90% of my work right now, and the mental health and suicide toll will be hideous long after the virus has come and gone sadly.
i don't mins propping up my neighbour to stay in their house, but not those with five houses and are living on the edge.
i get some people have wanted to get ahead, and respect that, but many of my customers are debted up to within an inch of their lives, with zero margin to breat simply. they say the housing market will fall 10%, i say there'll be a fire sale of rental properties, amateur air bnb's etc...
air nz looking at nearly 4000 jobs, what about all the business breast (that ones for you F5 Dave) feeding of the system.
off to the cliffhanger this weekend and gonna sit around the paddock at night and have a few man coffees, be the last time i hear a bike at speed for a while.

F5 Dave
20th March 2020, 06:49
HeHe, you said business. . . No, wait, I don't get it:wacko:

Is cliffhanger on? I always seem to miss it for other rides.

Geez that's quick for work go drop off, hopefully that's just a blip while people get past the bad thoughts stage and decide to carry on.

Berries
20th March 2020, 07:05
I am sure we will have to re-open the border one day. The virus will get here and we will be back to where we are now. It just seems to be delaying the inevitable.

And yes, these numbers being bandied about are meaningless without context.

I say move everyone over 70 to Tauranga for their own protection and let the rest of us catch the virus, sneeze a few times and move on before we end up back in the stone age.

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 07:37
HeHe, you said business. . . No, wait, I don't get it:wacko:

Is cliffhanger on? I always seem to miss it for other rides.

Geez that's quick for work go drop off, hopefully that's just a blip while people get past the bad thoughts stage and decide to carry on.

i work for a property flipper, he's waiting for the firesale, and also the public, they've shut their wallets and simply need to.
yip cliffhangers on, they had trouble getting an ambulance crew i understand but are underway

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 07:38
we can't rely on help from other countries like earthquakes etc, however angela merkel chancellor for germany has said if italy has trouble cremating all the bodies they have capacity for six million....

TheDemonLord
20th March 2020, 07:43
...and on a more serious note - at midnight tonight, NZ closes its borders. It's all over MSM / Stuff / etc but here's the link anyway:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120423903/coronavirus-prime-minister-to-make-announcement-on-border-controls

A couple of comments, and yes they're flippant but hey take your positives where you can find them:

1) there are going to be fuck-all tourist drivers on the road in 2020, we'll only have the homegrown idiot varietals this year. No tourist buses either. If you want to ride Milford Sound, and the road's been sorted, it's not going to get better than now.

2) logging trucks! There's going to be an intermission in the parade of logging trucks smashing the crap out of the roads

3) maybe the planet urgently needed us to stop flying on jet planes. And cutting down on commuter transport too. Yes the bikes add to this, but there's no way that me running around the Wairarapa all weekend beats someone taking a casual holiday in Tahiti.

4) this isn't going to be the only one. We've built perfect conditions for a global pandemic, this was always going to happen, lessons learnt this time are going to serve us well in the next one.

5) Bikers as tourists are going to be welcomed with open arms, although we'll see how that goes in weeks to come. In the meantime support your ride-over-the-hill local, they need you.

Will be very interesting to see what the road stats look like compared to last year.

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 07:52
Will be very interesting to see what the road stats look like compared to last year.

yeah, then they'll use that as the new benchmark that everyone has to aspire to

sidecar bob
20th March 2020, 08:11
The greedy society we've made for ourselves will be the biggest killer, i've lost 90% of my work right now, and the mental health and suicide toll will be hideous long after the virus has come and gone sadly.
i don't mins propping up my neighbour to stay in their house, but not those with five houses and are living on the edge.
i get some people have wanted to get ahead, and respect that, but many of my customers are debted up to within an inch of their lives, with zero margin to breat simply. they say the housing market will fall 10%, i say there'll be a fire sale of rental properties, amateur air bnb's etc...
air nz looking at nearly 4000 jobs, what about all the business breast (that ones for you F5 Dave) feeding of the system.
off to the cliffhanger this weekend and gonna sit around the paddock at night and have a few man coffees, be the last time i hear a bike at speed for a while.

By 10% you say? That will make stuff in my area worth what it was worth 18 months ago.
Stuff like this always shakes out a few loose ones that will spend the rest of their lives convincing people that property is a bad investment.
The property market has gone up 32% & back 8% cycle on cycle for decades, it's nothing new & recessions are all part of the gig & doesn't signify the end of the world.
Nobody rings a bell at the top & bottom of the market, I could have cut & run a couple of months ago, but I'd be a hell of a lot more twitchy if I had a pile of cash in the bank right now rather than a few good quality properties.
Why would landlords sell rental properties on a falling market? It seems counter intuitive. Tenants still need a place to live.
I had a cashed up client that had sold his farm & purchased a few very nice homes with some of the proceeds as a retirement plan.
In the middle of the GFC he panicked & cashed out of them for half what they are worth now. I remember him saying to to me "better to lose a little than lose a lot"
I'd also suggest that the death forecasts could be out by as much as the kiwibuild forecasts.

Naki Rat
20th March 2020, 08:47
You can blame what you like, but if your 96 year old granny dies from it, it's probably not the root cause.One-off comparison indicating the rise in deaths in an area of Italy affected by COVID19

https://youtu.be/oOrDFNVNyMI
Note that this was from March 13th and the daily death rate has now doubled since then.

pritch
20th March 2020, 08:49
I read a really good description of how the Coronavirus works, and the treatment, but can't find it now. It started out describing a tree. If you imagine a tree with a trunk, branches, smaller branches and on the end of the branches leaves. Tip that mental picture up side down and the trunk and branches are the tubes in the lungs, the leaves are the alveoli which pass oxygen to the blood.

The virus causes inflammation of the alveoli so they don't pass oxygen to the blood as they should. Very simply put, if you could put patients on a respirator most would survive, the problem is there are nowhere near enough respirators to cope with a pandemic.

If you search 'interstitial lung disease' and read the results, you will understand the nature of the problem.

Just offered in case anybody is actually interested?

ellipsis
20th March 2020, 10:36
...why Italy...maybe this is why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGjXFyaXis

sidecar bob
20th March 2020, 11:06
One-off comparison indicating the rise in deaths in an area of Italy affected by COVID19
Note that this was from March 13th and the daily death rate has now doubled since then.

Yeah, scary ay. Buy the NZ Herald tomorrow & multiply the number of death notices by 15 & see how it looks.
Thats the population difference between Italy & NZ.

pritch
20th March 2020, 11:10
...why Italy...maybe this is why...

That was actually more interesting than I thought it would be considering the source. The US statistics she used are questionable though, there is still only minimal testing in the US so there can be no reliable statistics.

Something I saw this morning, a person in the US was exhibiting the symptoms but couldn't get tested for Covid - 19. They got tested for flu instead - and the test came back negative. The person is assuming they have Coronavirus and is acting accordingly.

oldrider
20th March 2020, 11:25
That was actually more interesting than I thought it would be considering the source. The US statistics she used are questionable though, there is still only minimal testing in the US so there can be no reliable statistics.

Something I saw this morning, a person in the US was exhibiting the symptoms but couldn't get tested for Covid - 19. They got tested for flu instead - and the test came back negative. The person is assuming they have Coronavirus and is acting accordingly.

This (BS?) will pass and the only (tangible?) difference will be that "we" will be more controlled, less well off and under greater surveillance - all accepted as the normal situation in less than a generation. :whistle:

F'rinstance;- https://www.zerohedge.com/political/are-you-ready-have-your-civil-liberties-severely-restricted-because-thats-where-headed.

jasonu
20th March 2020, 12:15
Yeah, scary ay. Buy the NZ Herald tomorrow & multiply the number of death notices by 15 & see how it looks.
Thats the population difference between Italy & NZ.

The Herald will be loving that. They charged me nearly $400 for 2 death notices for Dad.

sugilite
20th March 2020, 12:22
Good article here.....
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120433407/why-singapores-coronavirus-response-worked--and-what-we-can-all-learn

sidecar bob
20th March 2020, 13:00
Good article here.....
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120433407/why-singapores-coronavirus-response-worked--and-what-we-can-all-learn

I was travelling frequently to Singapore during SARS.
It was great, the planes were empty.

Viking01
20th March 2020, 14:27
The IMF had recently been touting its willingness to supposedly support countries suffering for Covid19.

https://www.imf.org/en/Topics/imf-and-covid19

Noted earlier that both Iran and Venezuela had made funding requests to the IMF fund for Covid-19 funding assistance e.g.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-hit-iran-asks-imf-for-aid-amid-us-sanctions/a-52763114

While I'm still waiting to see an IMF response to Iran, I see that the IMF has just refused the Venezuelan request. It certainly didn't take the IMF long to decline:

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/03/imf-refuses-aid-to-venezuela-in-the-midst-of-the-coronavirus-crisis.html

jellywrestler
20th March 2020, 14:29
By 10% you say?
Why would landlords sell rental properties on a falling market? It seems counter intuitive. Tenants still need a place to live.

'they ' say 10%

landlords selling, cause they've stacked themselves to the eyeballs with no breathing room, a percentage will move back home, combine households and leave empty houses, they will due to economics simply, then the ball starts rolling down hill.
i work for people who have a crook light fitting, ten minute job, minimum hour charge, point out a sensor light thats disintegrating and say one is $40 and no labour as it's in the hour, no they just won't by and large....

Viking01
20th March 2020, 18:39
I hope that you are all staying focused on the coronavirus. That is most important. Do not read any of the following.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/03/wall-streets-crisis-began-four-months-before-the-first-reported-death-from-coronavirus-in-china-heres-the-proof/

Of course all that money generated by the Fed has been going to a good cause.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/03/feds-balance-sheet-skyrockets-to-4-7-trillion/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/mnuchin-coronavirus-investment-opportunity-128132

A message to all US citizens due to receive cheques (checks): Please do be prudent and spend that $1,000 responsibly. And don't go putting this windfall in your savings account.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/03/why-sending-1000-checks-to-everyone-wont-solve-the-coronavirus-crisis.html

Just in case this is not enough for most of you, and jobs continue to be lost, we'll suppress unemployment claim data for the time being. Now that Don has inspired every one with his Support Bill (and Steve Mnuchin has said how rosy the future is for the stock market), the last thing we need is for some alarmist unemployment data to pop up.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/trump-asks-states-to-hide-unemployment-claim-data-dojzBt6Ms02ZFhwuq3LcGQ

The "Families First Coronavirus Response Act" (such a catchy title) was passed by the House of Representatives (after a little horse trading):

https://www.rt.com/usa/483454-senate-coronavirus-stimulus-testing/

But there were a few other points included in the Bill worth noting:

1. Banks will no longer have to meet capital reserve requirements, and can now use capital and liquidity buffers to lend.

Of course the capital released will be used for making loans to small businesses. Take Don's word for it.

2. The House bill pairs an extension of the intelligence programs with certain changes to the court created by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This is the same court that the FBI persuaded into granting a surveillance warrant on a Trump adviser during the 2016 US election.

Swoop
20th March 2020, 18:53
"Community spread" of the virus has arrived in NZ.

Time to buckle up folks, things start getting difficult from now on.

SPman
20th March 2020, 19:13

thing is, the majority are very old, ......................

In Italy 38% in ICU are under 50, the Netherlands, just under 50% in ICU are under 55..........depends where you are defining very old from. China stamped on it extremely hard once they had to - the chief Dr from Wuhan who is in Italy can't believe how lightly "the west" is taking it.........still, we'll see......

sidecar bob
20th March 2020, 20:22
'they ' say 10%.

They?? Is that like sum cunt?

oldrider
20th March 2020, 21:47
Just not all viral in China? - :cool: - https://twitter.com/kwilli1046/status/1240796148912263168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AHenryMakow% 7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.henrymakow.com%2F - :sunny:

Bonez
21st March 2020, 06:08
They?? Is that like sum cunt?Sam Hunt of course.:lol:

Bonez
21st March 2020, 09:25
MSM at it's best https://youtu.be/c7KiPI6kRuA Talk about lock step.

mashman
21st March 2020, 09:36
MSM at it's best https://youtu.be/c7KiPI6kRuA Talk about lock step.

I got to "left wing and marxist" and laughed my arse off. It's called lies no matter where it comes from. The dipshit has just done exactly the same thing he's accusing the MSM of. Before he spoke, the point was made. Once he started to speak, everything went fucktarded enough that it needed to be gone. Kind of reminded me of lardboy... actually wouldn't surprise me if the two were conjoined twins once.

MaxPenguin
21st March 2020, 09:38
I got to "left wing and marxist" and laughed my arse off. It's called lies no matter where it comes from. The dipshit has just done exactly the same thing he's accusing the MSM of. Before he spoke, the point was made. Once he started to speak, everything went fucktarded enough that it needed to be gone. Kind of reminded me of lardboy... actually wouldn't surprise me if the two were conjoined twins once.

I stopped before he started offering ginsu knives with his emergency food packs.

Bonez
21st March 2020, 10:17
I stopped before he started offering ginsu knives with his emergency food packs.It's my morning amusement channel.:sweatdrop

oldrider
21st March 2020, 10:22
Communism taking over the United States - One state at a time? - :wait: (Time reveals everything eventually) - Watch this space.

:- https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-reports-no-new-domestic-coronavirus-infections-for-the-first-time-since-outbreak-started-11584611233

MaxPenguin
21st March 2020, 10:57
Communism taking over the United States - One state at a time? - :wait: (Time reveals everything eventually) - Watch this space.

:- https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-reports-no-new-domestic-coronavirus-infections-for-the-first-time-since-outbreak-started-11584611233

Good, I like communism.

oldrider
21st March 2020, 11:51
Good, I like communism.

Nice for you - you will have it in spades if you live out your full expectancy. - Me? I have never experienced it except under cover of another name and that is like Forest Gump's box of chocolates theory! :wacko:

Oakie
21st March 2020, 11:56
Ok. My KiwiSaver account value has now dropped 7% and it was in conservative grouping to start with. I've now changed it to a very conservative setting.

Katman
21st March 2020, 11:58
Ok. My KiwiSaver account value has now dropped 7% and it was in conservative grouping to start with. I've now changed it to a very conservative setting.

Maybe this might teach the world that there's far more important things out there than money.

rustys
21st March 2020, 12:32
Maybe this might teach the world that there's far more important things out there than money.

AGREE !!!!!! from the news flash at 12.00am today, we may have to treat this a bit more seriously and hunker down for some bad times ahead of us. At level 2 now but shortly level 3 (not good).

pritch
21st March 2020, 13:10
Looking on the bright side - if there is one. One feels for the people being laid off, chances of getting a job anywhere but a supermarket must be slim indeed for most right now.

Unlike their counterparts in the US though, people here can still access medical treatment. In the US medical insurance for most people is tied to their employment, no job, no insurance. Getting off laid off means no cover, and this at a time of an international health emergency.

mashman
21st March 2020, 13:22
Good, I like communism.

I could handle a modern day version so long as the ownership model isn't community based, and still individual based.

MaxPenguin
21st March 2020, 13:36

7%? How would 25% make you feel? :facepalm: virtual facepalm only as a real facepalm is banned.