PDA

View Full Version : Have finally found a good part of ACC

Phenoix
19th October 2005, 06:32
While many poeple complain about getting payouts from ACC, I have found my experiance quite good.
The clase I like is being able to work a few hours at work still (bout 12hr a week) and still get paid.
Im am penilised some, but by doing a about 10hrs, I end up with 100% of my pay.
I like this as it encourges me to go back and do some work.

Colapop
19th October 2005, 06:48
That's cool. It's better than those that sit around saying "I can't work" translates as "I don't want to work"
At least you've got the right attitude - positive.

SixPackBack
19th October 2005, 06:54
Just sarting to cuddle up to ACC with time off and preparing for surgery. So far they have been very helpfull, but a little slow.
As i will be going through months of rehab i will keep updating my experiences with them...others on the site will use ACC at some time and any info supplied could be helpfull.

Phenoix
19th October 2005, 13:10
yea.
In one of the many eices of paper they sent it list
payment as 80% of your normal pay.
If you are able to work some upto $60 is ok with no deductions.
from 60-100 is 21cent per 1$
then above $100 is 51cents per $1
So your are not heavy penisiled for doing a few hour ie 5-15 a week.
For me, that means limping in and doing some paper work and a bit of a chat with some clients each day.
Keeps me in the loop and starves of the bordoom.
So for doing a few hours, I end up with 100% of my pay :D
Thus encouraging me to do atleast some work, just not much :2thumbsup
They were also going to help out some with taxi's

madboy
19th October 2005, 21:22
Where it is open for abuse is where you get used to working 10hrs per week, for 100% of your pay, and you decide to make it a lifestyle choice. After all, that 10 hours gives you the mental stimulation and the social interaction that most individuals require, but still gives you time to do those other things in life that are important... like TV, internet and golf. If you invent a chronic pain condition as a result of your injuries then you're set for life.

Of course, that relies on the fact that you're happy to exist in a state of permanently exagerating your illness for the benefit of the PIs. But after a while you'll get used to living your illness, and it will become 2nd nature to never to anything in public or within view of the public that belies the fact that you're not really in any pain. And you also need to be happy living on your current level of income. But don't worry, it gets inflation adjusted each year.

Do you think I'm cynical about claimants?

Phenoix
27th October 2005, 14:51
Umm, I dont think I'll be able to pull of a broken anke for much longer, that and that fact I plan to be riding alot in about 2-3 weeks.
Im now having fun with ACC. All paper work has been sent through, but not received ? am waiting on 2 weeks payment, so am disperate for money at the mo.
No phone calls or anything, am now finding the problem people compain about.
Stay posted for more info on the Sarga of extrating money from ACC

onearmedbandit
27th October 2005, 15:10
Been suffering chronic pain (brachial Plexius Avulsion, nerves c5, c6, c7, c8, t1 ripped out of the spine) for nearly 8yrs now, don't go 5 seconds without pain. Working is the best thing for me, keeps my mind occupied, etc etc. I did go on ACC about 6mths after the accident for a short period, earnt good money for it but by fuck was it boring with everyone else at work.

Oh yeah, ACC were a bunch of cunts to get money out of, ie independence allowance only brought to my attention after a local ambo-chaser made a noise about it. Cue massive back pay. My case manager told me my pain was not as bad as I thought it was and my injury was common and easily healed. Ignorant bitch, now works on reception there after my doc held a meeting with other doc's and ACC. Turns out she'd been burning most of her clients. There to help? Bullshit, there to make money.

MrMelon
27th October 2005, 15:46
They gave me free taxis for 3 months when I broke my leg. Meant I only got like 3 days off work tho which was a bit gay.

SixPackBack
28th October 2005, 06:03
Where it is open for abuse is where you get used to working 10hrs per week, for 100% of your pay, and you decide to make it a lifestyle choice. After all, that 10 hours gives you the mental stimulation and the social interaction that most individuals require, but still gives you time to do those other things in life that are important... like TV, internet and golf. If you invent a chronic pain condition as a result of your injuries then you're set for life.

Of course, that relies on the fact that you're happy to exist in a state of permanently exagerating your illness for the benefit of the PIs. But after a while you'll get used to living your illness, and it will become 2nd nature to never to anything in public or within view of the public that belies the fact that you're not really in any pain. And you also need to be happy living on your current level of income. But don't worry, it gets inflation adjusted each year.

Do you think I'm cynical about claimants?

Madboy your a cock sucker:mad:

Well a week and a half have gone by since givving ACC the encyclopedia of information they need so i can live and be operated on shortly............Last night i recieved an e-mail stating they had 'missplaced' my information and could i please re submit WTF?

It would appear ACC are usefull as Madboy

What?
28th October 2005, 06:09
Sorry, but I can not find anything to like about ACC.
Actually, I think the Highway patrol are nicer people.

madboy
28th October 2005, 12:17
Thank you SPB for your opinion and associated PM. I hope your disappointment and negative feelings toward ACC and "the system" are not being misplaced.

My post was pointing out the failings in the ACC system. It was not directed at you, or any particular claimant. I am sorry that you have taken offense to my comments.

I work in disability claims, and while I have been fortunate enough to have never needed to claim on ACC for loss of earnings myself, I've read enough of their files to gain an understanding of the mountains that need to be climbed. I can assure you that my comments, while generic, are accurate. Many people are taking the piss. You personally may not, but you would be surpised how many do. ACC is not a private sector organisation, it does not have a customer base it values and wants to nurture future relationships with. It's effectively a monopoly. They have legislative governance, and legislation is neither sensitive nor empathetic. Telecom wasn't too customer focused when it was a monopoly either.

If you feel that being able to sue for a windfall gain is a positive thing, move to the States. In the case of the vast majority of ACC claimants, if ACC was not available to them, what would they do? Many would struggle back to work, through whatever pain/discomfort they felt. Because their only choice would be losing the house (or whatever) or working through the pain. ACC for all it's failings is better than nothing, which is what some countries offer.

Perhaps I should have added (pt) to the end of my post. Those with delicate predispositions might not then take it to heart.

Phenoix
28th October 2005, 13:01
Have now gotten hold of case manager.
They sent the wrong forms to my employer (That dates were a few days out)
But didnt follow it up until my employer rung them to find out (She's good at sorting these problems out)
New forms have been refaxed with correct date, so hopefully pay will be forth coming.
I belive that they get bonous's for NOT handing out money, so will do the most they can to stop you getting it.
It also stops abusive of the system, but those that actually need it (Me for 7 weeks only hopefully) get caught in it too if the I's aren't dotted and T's crossed.
There receptionist was very lovley and polite, and attempted to b very helpful, but was unable to answer any real questions I had.

inlinefour
30th October 2005, 10:10
While many poeple complain about getting payouts from ACC, I have found my experiance quite good.
The clase I like is being able to work a few hours at work still (bout 12hr a week) and still get paid.

Good on you for doing it to. Many people would prolly not bother. Green rep for that man. :blink:

Phenoix
31st October 2005, 18:05
Yea, but staying at home ALL day is SO boring, would rather be out riding.
So working gives me the extra money to fix the bike, plus it looks good for my review :D

Phenoix
11th November 2005, 21:59
Well today was my last day off ACC.
Im out of cast, and walking on foot.
Tho it seems abit swollen and is still sore.
SHoudl be on the bike this weekend for a gentle ride somewhere

Beemer
18th November 2005, 11:25
Sorry, but I can not find anything to like about ACC.
Actually, I think the Highway patrol are nicer people.

I agree! I've just had to send off a cheque for my ACC levies - WTF is it with bills like this being due by 9 December? Who the hell has spare cash at this time of the year? You used to be able to pay it with your tax, but now you get a whopping great bill just before Christmas.

I'm self-employed, so if I have an accident, they pay me 80% of my income over the past eight weeks I think. Great if it's taken on the past couple of months where I've invoiced heaps of work, but tough biccies if it's between December and January when the majority of my clients close down for the holidays and I earn virtually nothing.

Jackrat
27th November 2005, 10:33

Sounds good mate.
I'm another one that has no issue with ACC,when I killed my 850 they payed 80% of my wages for three months,they helped buy the jacket I still wear today, plus new helmet,gloves an boots.
I found them really good about the whole thing and I got more than I expected.

Phenoix
27th November 2005, 14:16
They have been abit slow in payments I found tho.
If theres something wrong they wont pay, and wont tell u.
Because I worked part time, my employer had to send in the form.
They, do that, then I'd have to wait 3-4 days for payment. And thats when they did recive it, they lost it a few times.
I'm still waiting on my last payment, ffrom 3 weeks ago now.