PDA

View Full Version : Queues at gun shops

SpankMe
24th March 2020, 10:29
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12319308

Queues at gun shops? WTF do you need more guns and ammo for? I think most of them are salivating at the thought that they might need them. I have a safe full of firearms, but no ammo as I DON'T NEED any at the moment.

Danger Mouse
24th March 2020, 11:05

Queues at gun shops? WTF do you need more guns and ammo for? I think most of them are salivating at the thought that they might need them. I have a safe full of firearms, but no ammo as I DON'T NEED any at the moment.

It's the roar and duck season. People are stocking up before shops close. And the arse has fallen out of the dollar so when they do reopen it will cost a lot more.

SpankMe
24th March 2020, 11:07
It's the roar and duck season. People are stocking up before shops close. And the arse has fallen out of the dollar so when they do reopen it will cost a lot more.

ah. Hunting for food. Doesn't that make it an essential service?

Bonez
24th March 2020, 12:04

Queues at gun shops? WTF do you need more guns and ammo for? I think most of them are salivating at the thought that they might need them. I have a safe full of firearms, but no ammo as I DON'T NEED any at the moment.Well that is dumb. I guess the guns will make nice paper weights, door stops or flower holders.

ellipsis
24th March 2020, 12:29
''bonehead"

...I thought you were going for a ride...why don't you take spare fuel and go for a long ride, like a month...

Swoop
24th March 2020, 13:06
Queues at gun shops? WTF do you need more guns and ammo for?

Spending a month at home means catching up on stuff. Reloading is one way.
I'm going to be reloading ammo that was shot over summer during competions, etc. In fact my case cleaner is running at this exact moment.

As also has been pointed out, the cost of components will possibly increase after it's all over (gubbinment borrowing billions to pay for everything), so buy what you need now.

Bonez
24th March 2020, 13:17
''bonehead"

...I thought you were going for a ride...why don't you take spare fuel and go for a long ride, like a month...You don't read posts very well do you?:tugger: Being rready to go and going are to totaly different concepts.:baby: Sounds like you haven't gotten your shit together after a month of prior warnings. Look forward to replying to more of your posts over the next month.......(Dots added for effect):bleh:

Oh and thanks for the free rental....

TheDemonLord
24th March 2020, 15:43
Why are a bunch of people so wound up with what others are legally doing?

Autech
24th March 2020, 15:45
Why are a bunch of people so wound up with what others are legally doing?

Did you see how close they were standing to each other?

Buy what you want but don't be a cunt and at least try to #stopthespread

Bonez
24th March 2020, 17:51

Buy what you want but don't be a cunt and at least try to #stopthespreadP:robably related. Did any have Banjos?:buggerd:

Bonez
24th March 2020, 18:03
Why are a bunch of people so wound up with what others are legally doing?Bro refers to them as cunts. Him and his 10 y/o grandson wil be going hunting in the Tararuas in the next week or so.

ellipsis
24th March 2020, 19:01
...got anything relevant to post...boner-in-hand ?...

TheDemonLord
24th March 2020, 19:20

Buy what you want but don't be a cunt and at least try to #stopthespread

It would be a darkly hilarious twist of irony if Firearm owners standing too close was the catalyst for rampant spread of Coronavirus that caused a large loss of life in NZ.

As for how close they were standing - no different from various lines at Supermarkets, Liquor stores, Takeaways etc. that I've seen today.

Bonez
24th March 2020, 19:35
You're obviously taking it hard:motu:

caseye
24th March 2020, 19:37
The Harolds source was a nearby business owner who thought it his duty to go and ask what the queues were about.
When he was recognised as a nobody, he was told to Fuck off and mind his own business.
Thats when he ran off to the Harold and complained that there were queues of people lining up to buy guns, just before a lockdown was imposed. Posing the question, why?
This CUNT deserves to be treated with total contempt, by all, his agenda is there for all to see.
It'is None of his fucking business what those people were doing there!
I wish that the Harold had at least one Journalist that could write a headline and then do their job and explain both sides without taking sides and proving themselves to be ignorant cunts too.
Guess it's lucky that this year after losing two of my most prized possessions and still being fortunate enough to have ammo for the remainder that I don't need to go to a gun shop in the near future.:ar15::ar15::ar15:

ellipsis
24th March 2020, 20:00
...hares around here are getting prevalent...I was thinking that if I were to get as many back steaks as I really want I would need to go to a retailer and get a lot more .22 shells than I have...shoulda gone to spec savers, was an immediate thought, just after that...

FJRider
24th March 2020, 20:03

You want him to post photo's … :shifty:

ellipsis
24th March 2020, 20:04
You want him to post photo's … :shifty:

...I doubt the cunt could use a camera...

pritch
24th March 2020, 20:25
The queue is a bit puzzling, nobody is supposed to be travelling and the Mountain Safety CEO says the roar hunting season is effectively cancelled.

If the lock down is extended into May the duck blinds will need to be XOS sized to allow the required 6' separation.

jasonu
25th March 2020, 02:12
Were any punch ups or stabbings or do those only happen when people que up for toilet paper.

Okey Dokey
25th March 2020, 07:55
Were any punch ups or stabbings or do those only happen when people que up for toilet paper.

Exactly !!

OddDuck
25th March 2020, 08:11
As for how close they were standing - no different from various lines at Supermarkets, Liquor stores, Takeaways etc. that I've seen today.

Interesting. Yes, saw the same at The Warehouse just yesterday, but people were spacing properly outside the liquor shop. Once one person is seen properly setting the distance, the others get it and follow suit. Suspect it'll take Joe and Jane Public a couple of goes before habits start to change.

pritch
25th March 2020, 10:23
Interesting. Yes, saw the same at The Warehouse just yesterday, but people were spacing properly outside the liquor shop. Once one person is seen properly setting the distance, the others get it and follow suit. Suspect it'll take Joe and Jane Public a couple of goes before habits start to change.

I was in a queue to get to the self service checkouts at the supermarket this morning for a last minute top up, people were generally well spaced. The people queueing for tills had a minimal form of auto spacing enforced by their trolleys.

When I left there was a queue to get in, as one person left another would be allowed in. I was there about 9.30AM and there were already big gaps on the shelves.

A friend was leaving as I arrived, and he was saying he saw the staff taking stuff off people who had too many of the same item.

Interesting times.

Swoop
25th March 2020, 10:44
I wish that the Harold had at least one Journalist that could write a headline and then do their job and explain both sides without taking sides...

That is the entire issue with the harold, as it can't decide if it wants to be a "social media", woman's weekly, dolly, metro, or proper investigatave journalism platform.
I see it quickly abandoned people being able to comment on their articles, as that went too far towards social media.

Now they are just left with reporting anything that they can sensationalise and gather viewers with.

pritch
30th March 2020, 09:18
I wish that the Harold had at least one Journalist that could write a headline and then do their job and explain both sides without taking sides and proving themselves to be ignorant cunts too.

Apparently Journalism 101 contains the following advice: "If one person tells you it's raining, and another person tells you it's not raining, your job is not to report both sides of the story. Your job is to look out the window and report what you see."

A guy I knew who had been a journo said he quickly learned to ask when tasked to write a story, "For or against?"

On another note, I see that the NRA is suing California for ordering the "essential" gun shops to close.

Went to a Californian gun shop once, a real eye opener. The solid door was locked, you rang a bell, a staff member looked you over through a little window before opening the door. A huge array of all sorts of handguns as you would expect, but the thing that impressed me most was the Browning single shot rifles. I'd never seen one in the flesh, and they must have had over a dozen of them lined up.

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 09:27
Apparently most of the sales were Air Rifles.

People wanted to be able to enjoy their sport of shooting in their backyard responsibly.

Common Sense 1, Media incited panic 0.

pete376403
30th March 2020, 10:01
Slightly related , the NRA are suing the state of California for declaring gunshops are not essential and have to be closed.