PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks after 4 weeks we will be back at work?

JimO
26th March 2020, 18:40
i reckon 6 weeks minimum, Gubbinmint adds say a "number" of weeks what do you think?

sidecar bob
26th March 2020, 18:48
I got a random goodwill call from the owner of NZ's largest motorcycle retailer a couple of days ago.
He thought eight to ten weeks, completely un prompted.

jim.cox
26th March 2020, 18:53
I'm thinking Eight+

Katman
26th March 2020, 18:57
All I'm hoping for is that, come the time we see the infection rate receding and we can be sure we're on top of it, the border remains closed while we get the country back on it's feet.

ellipsis
26th March 2020, 19:29
All I'm hoping for is that, come the time we see the infection rate receding and we can be sure we're on top of it, the border remains closed while we get the country back on it's feet.

...+1 to that...

The End
26th March 2020, 19:31
Information obtained from someone I know who works in MoH says it is an eight week minimum, however won't be announced as such until closer to the end of the four week period.

There may also be restrictions on supermarkets becoming delivery only, which sounds accurate as Countdown are re-purposing the Grey Lynn, Auckland store to be online only (the first of many no doubt).

pritch
26th March 2020, 19:36
Information obtained from someone I know who works in MoH says it is an eight week minimum, however won't be announced as such until closer to the end of the four week period.

There may also be restrictions on supermarkets becoming delivery only, which sounds accurate as Countdown are re-purposing the Grey Lynn, Auckland store to be online only (the first of many no doubt).

I just placed an order with Countdown, payed the extra for delivery. So far so good. There's a even a good chance I'll be home when they call.

OddDuck
26th March 2020, 19:40
Yep. Wish I didn't believe it but at this point 8 weeks sounds very likely. I don't think the rules about lockdown will get tighter but enforcement and penalties probably will.

TheDemonLord
26th March 2020, 19:44
I'm hoping for 4 weeks.

Trying to reason with small children why they can't go to the Park, Pools (insert any leisure activity here), can't go see any of their friends, can't see any of their Family, can't enjoy the simple pleasures of Friday night takeways.

Each time I say no, and try to explain why, I still get the look of disappointment and the look like I'm punishing them for some infraction. It's the latter part that's the hardest.

All whilst not having any form of break from them.

Yeah - I hope it's only 4 weeks.

jellywrestler
26th March 2020, 19:47

border closed? all they're doing is asking arrivals if they're going to be good about this and self isolate. why isn't ohakea out passenger arrival spot and there are a thousand campervans set up, and patrols around the outside. stick arrivals in, watch them, test them, move them to a second stage, same deal and realease them? Where are we all hoping we get our covid been there done that chip inserted? Are the 22 'cured' people now allowed to go free range? are they seconded to the medical sector for help as they're all good or what?

jim.cox
27th March 2020, 06:07
Or maybe it wont end, and will we have to continue living in a police state.

I'm sure there are some out there that would like that.

mashman
27th March 2020, 06:49

That, would be strange... and it'd likely break the panopticon that's currently used to empower law.

It'd certainly make going outside more fun.

nerrrd
27th March 2020, 07:48

I think the future is certainly suddenly very uncertain.

It's hard for me to imagine any of our politicians have either the will or the desire to make themselves into any kind of 'supreme leader', but then I've never been very tribal in my voting habits.

Plus I reckon our Police force and Defence force are well aware that they're way too small to do much in the way of enforcing compliance at the best of times, hence why they're tiptoeing around enforcement of the lockdown provisions at the moment.

Hmmm, they might have enough manpower to turn Auckland into a Police state - the rest of the country might like that.

Hail the wise and benevolent Goff!

Bonez
27th March 2020, 07:58
Higgens suck truck just meandered down our street. Looking for flooding I guess after a night of steady rain. Funny really as we are on a high spot....

I don't like hypothetical predictions but I suspect the general population will start to get itchy feet around week 3 if not sooner.

mashman
27th March 2020, 08:47
I think the future is certainly suddenly very uncertain.

It's hard for me to imagine any of our politicians have either the will or the desire to make themselves into any kind of 'supreme leader', but then I've never been very tribal in my voting habits.

We need a clue, not a leader. Everyone is useless without a clue, and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results = not having a clue. The future has been obvious for some time, the virus is merely giving us a glimpse of what is happening more slowly given how we use the economy. The clue that the leaders need will lead them to a place that they cannot go. I know that place well. What needs to be done is unpopular, therefore politicians cannot go there.

Plus I reckon our Police force and Defence force are well aware that they're way too small to do much in the way of enforcing compliance at the best of times, hence why they're tiptoeing around enforcement of the lockdown provisions at the moment.

I know the forces, apt name, et al have a reputation for following order, but I do wonder just how many would draw the line at being ordered to "police" everyday life.

Hmmm, they might have enough manpower to turn Auckland into a Police state - the rest of the country might like that.

Hail the wise and benevolent Goff!

Just tell people in Auckland that everywhere else in the world has the virus and that they should stay home... it's worked before :shifty:

MD
27th March 2020, 09:47

In deed. Otherwise all our suffering at home will be for nothing with fresh cases imported.

My guess is 6 or 8 weeks. We'll know in about 7 to 10 days when those already infected, but unaware, have surfaced. After that the infections should decrease more each day to the theoretical zero= we have wiped it out. Then a plane lands! and we press start again.

Gearup
27th March 2020, 10:58
border closed? all they're doing is asking arrivals if they're going to be good about this and self isolate. why isn't ohakea out passenger arrival spot and there are a thousand campervans set up, and patrols around the outside. stick arrivals in, watch them, test them, move them to a second stage, same deal and realease them? Where are we all hoping we get our covid been there done that chip inserted? Are the 22 'cured' people now allowed to go free range? are they seconded to the medical sector for help as they're all good or what?

Looks like the border is closed: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions

Plus a number of Campervans have been placed in a probable quarantine area at Auckland: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12320229

scott411
27th March 2020, 15:25
I got a random goodwill call from the owner of NZ's largest motorcycle retailer a couple of days ago.
He thought eight to ten weeks, completely un prompted.

you thought someone in Gore would know?

Oakie
29th March 2020, 08:06
That, would be strange... and it'd likely break the panopticon ...

Feck. Where's my dictionary?

Oakie
29th March 2020, 08:08
I guess the number of weeks is up to the citizenry. If everyone behaved and all the virus cases come out of the woodwork in the first two weeks, then yeah ... 4 weeks could work. I'm expecting another couple to be tacked on at the end though and borders to remain closed for quite a while longer.

slofox
29th March 2020, 08:25
My GP offered the opinion that whilst 4 weeks is definitely not enough, she thinks that the lockdown periods may be interspersed with a couple of weeks of lower alert levels. Just to help keep the population from running amok. :2guns:

Whadda ya reckon?

Grumph
29th March 2020, 09:18
My GP offered the opinion that whilst 4 weeks is definitely not enough, she thinks that the lockdown periods may be interspersed with a couple of weeks of lower alert levels. Just to help keep the population from running amok. :2guns:

Whadda ya reckon?

They've already said it could be varied regionally. I can see Auckland and a few other hot spots staying at level 4 for a while.

Some regions could well come back to level 3 quite quickly.

mashman
29th March 2020, 09:29

Whadda ya reckon?

Wouldn't that invalidate the point of being at Level 4? Don't get me wrong I can see it turning out the way you say as that'd definitely be a sensible approach, but it does kind of fly in the face of the reasoning behind level 4.

slofox
29th March 2020, 09:40
Wouldn't that invalidate the point of being at Level 4? Don't get me wrong I can see it turning out the way you say as that'd definitely be a sensible approach, but it does kind of fly in the face of the reasoning behind level 4.

It might shorten the time needed to acquire herd immunity but that would come at a cost of more infections. Depends on what is deemed acceptable under the current circumstances I suppose.

mashman
29th March 2020, 09:48
It might shorten the time needed to acquire herd immunity but that would come at a cost of more infections. Depends on what is deemed acceptable under the current circumstances I suppose.

Absolutely. Although if there were more infections they'd likely have to lock us down again. Rock and a hard place eh.

slofox
29th March 2020, 10:30
Absolutely. Although if there were more infections they'd likely have to lock us down again. Rock and a hard place eh.

Yep. That would happen.

All the same, I bet there will be pressure from certain quarters that would push real hard to ease things. Look at Donald Dump..er Trump I mean. He wanted to open everything up next Tuesday at one stage. :facepalm:

mashman
29th March 2020, 11:06
Yep. That would happen.

All the same, I bet there will be pressure from certain quarters that would push real hard to ease things though. Look at Donald Dump..er Trump I mean. He wanted to open everything up next Tuesday at one stage. :facepalm:

Without doubt the pressure must be coming from all and sundry who want to get their financial security back no matter what the risks. But that's business for ya ;)

Swoop
29th March 2020, 13:48
If everyone behaved...
Looking at some discussion from bicycle people, we will be here for 20wks...

It certainly will not be 4wks, but longer.

Australia seems immune to cogent thought and the retards there will be in for a high death rate and a massive lockdown. Hope they have lots of tents ready outside their hospitals...

Coldrider
29th March 2020, 14:19
Planning on 9 weeks myself, 4 weeks just a soften up. Plus only prepurchased 5 weeks of normal alcohol consumption, so must top incase the tap gets turned off.

Naki Rat
29th March 2020, 14:23
Looking at some discussion from bicycle people, we will be here for 20wks...

It certainly will not be 4wks, but longer.

Australia seems immune to cogent thought and the retards there will be in for a high death rate and a massive lockdown. Hope they have lots of tents ready outside their hospitals...If you want a prime example of a lack of cogent thought and downright open denial the government of the US of A would seem to top the list https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster?CMP=share_btn_tw

FJRider
29th March 2020, 14:25
I guess the number of weeks is up to the citizenry. If everyone behaved and all the virus cases come out of the woodwork in the first two weeks, then yeah ... 4 weeks could work. I'm expecting another couple to be tacked on at the end though and borders to remain closed for quite a while longer.

The panopticon effect is a control method ... explained in the form of an observation tower centrally placed in a circle of prison cells. From the tower a guard can see into every cell and inmate ... but the inmates are unable to see inside the tower. The prisoners can never know if they are being watched or not ...
:shifty:

In most cities ... there are large numbers of Web-cams about (hanging off power poles and traffic lights at prominent points) ... but only a few accessible for public viewing. Now you know why ... :shifty:

eldog
29th March 2020, 14:51
I would doubt 4 weeks

Look at whats happening in Australia

Some people only have to come over here and it would start again.....

I have a customer who is desperate to get goods we are making out of the workshop. Tells everyone they are essential.

I work with 8 people who would be in the high risk category.

I would prefer to wait-yes I am able to work from home. But they are not.

Everyone has to be on board or it fails to have effect.

Viking01
29th March 2020, 15:12
If you want a prime example of a lack of cogent thought and downright open denial the government of the US of A would seem to top the list https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster?CMP=share_btn_tw

Don't forget that the current US federal level response is to be co-ordinated by FEMA:

https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/faq

Which you might remember from New Orleans and hurricane Katrina days back in 2005:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katr ina

or hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico in 2017:

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/13/628861808/fema-report-acknowledges-failures-in-puerto-rico-disaster-response

Viking01
29th March 2020, 15:21
Don,
Just a small point, but it might be better if you do the consultation before you talk to the press (and not afterwards). It looks and sounds more Presidential:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/donald-trumps-america/120654446/coronavirus-donald-trump-mulls-quarantines-for-new-york-new-jersey-and-connecticut

Bonez
29th March 2020, 15:38
FEMA have got plenty of concrete multi-body coffens set up all around the states and huge captivity areas.

Katman
29th March 2020, 16:06
FEMA have got plenty of concrete multi-body coffens set up all around the states and huge captivity areas.

Jesse Ventura covered a similar story 6 years ago.

He was either well ahead of his time or the plan's running a little behind schedule. :sherlock:

Bonez
29th March 2020, 16:55
Jesse Ventura covered a similar story 6 years ago.

He was either well ahead of his time or the plan's running a little behind schedule. :sherlock:Some random lads were going through a relatively new built up area in one city and recorded a "construction" site with 100s of the things layed out just below ground level ( a foot or so). Around Nov last year someone in Commyfornia video almost a mile long train loaded with newly built 4x4 military vehicles with new sound based crowd control emmitters mounted on them.

speedpro
29th March 2020, 20:23
Talk of flattening the curve is all about managing the workload of the medical personel. If you look at the area under the curves, which are probably just for illustration rather than based on actual numbers, the areas are about the same. In other words they expect the same number of infections, and therefore deaths, minus a few if the medics can keep on top of it. To think that all infectious people will be identified in 4 weeks is a joke, even 8 weeks. What will need to happen is to manage the workload of medical staff while returning to "normal" as much as possible.
The USA may have a point with letting it run it's course while keeping business going. It will be interesting to see the percentages in a years time of each approach to battling the virus.

Katman
30th March 2020, 06:40
The USA may have a point with letting it run it's course while keeping business going. It will be interesting to see the percentages in a years time of each approach to battling the virus.

As long as no American is allowed to leave the country throughout that process, I'll have no problem sitting back and watching the devastation it causes there.

speedpro
30th March 2020, 07:12
Devastation for mainly a certain demographic - the elderly and unwell. The same people that are vastly more affected by the common cold & pneumonia each and every year, and also by this virus. Last week the average age of victims in Italy was 80, according to the media anyway. Business? Devastated? Not so much.

There is similarities with pneumonia as far as I can tell - modes of transmission and the demographic of those most at risk. Unless the virus is totally eliminated, which history says is not going to happen, infections will continue with particularly adverse effects on mainly the elderly. One question is whether there will be more infected in total with either strategy to combat the virus. I suspect the totals will be substantially similar whether you go into lockdown and drag it out, or, carry on with life and business and get it over with.

Time will tell.

pritch
30th March 2020, 08:46
There is similarities with pneumonia as far as I can tell

There is a strong similarity, most people whose death is caused by the virus actually die of interstitial pneumonia.

pritch
30th March 2020, 09:31
Some police forces in Britain have been inundated with calls; people dobbing in their neighbours for exercising more than the once a day limit.

Police chiefs have said they will not be turning up with sirens and flashing blue lights in response to such reports and have requested people stop contacting them.

Real "spirit of the blitz" stuff that. :whistle:

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 09:48
Some police forces in Britain have been inundated with calls; people dobbing in their neighbours for exercising more than the once a day limit.

Police chiefs have said they will not be turning up with sirens and flashing blue lights in response to such reports and have requested people stop contacting them.

Real "spirit of the blitz" stuff that. :whistle:

If only that applied to the Police here... They've even gone so far as to have a form that you can fill out to dob in your neighbours.

speedpro
30th March 2020, 09:53
What I would like to see is a report with recommendations from someone like Sir Peter Gluckman. I think he was the Government Science Adviser or something like that. Something along the lines of what he wrote for the Meth contamination issue. A report based on actual statistics and data rather than hysteria and mainstream media drama, and then a plan balancing probable outcomes with probable short & long term consequences.
I have read the Gluckman report a few times and the major research he refers to, mainly the California research on human subjects and the Colorado research using lab rats. Very well written using facts and scientific data.
If only something similar was available in relation to this virus it could assist the Government to make sensible decisions on how to deal with the virus.

Swoop
30th March 2020, 12:31
If only something similar was available in relation to this virus it could assist the Government to make sensible decisions on how to deal with the virus.

There are plenty of prepared scenarios available and a lot of them will be sitting in the beehive basement, at CD HQ. Simply retrieve file, adjust for type/peculiarities, then implement.
No need for idiots to go running around like headless chickens.

The crucial part is implementing the plan at the correct time.

Gearup
30th March 2020, 12:33
If only that applied to the Police here... They've even gone so far as to have a form that you can fill out to dob in your neighbours.

According to the NZ Herald, 60 backpackers near a Queenstown hostel thought it was ok to have a party last night.

All up, there's been 4,200 reports of people flouting the lockdown with 3 being arrested. Crazy times.

James Deuce
30th March 2020, 13:00

+1. Spot on mate.

Viking01
30th March 2020, 13:19
According to the NZ Herald, 60 backpackers near a Queenstown hostel thought it was ok to have a party last night.

All up, there's been 4,200 reports of people flouting the lockdown with 3 being arrested. Crazy times.

Wonder how many times they have to do that before the NZ Government decides that organising flights to repatriate them home is a "better option", and seeks to make flight refuelling and handover arrangements with certain overseas countries.

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 13:35
Wonder how many times they have to do that before the NZ Government decides that organising flights to repatriate them home is a "better option", and seeks to make flight refuelling and handover arrangements with certain overseas countries.

Precisely.

Kiwis overseas should be repatriated here and Quarantined, people who have travelled from overseas should be sent home and Quarantined there.

For countries that were particularly hard hit - such as Italy, I'd be happy with an agreement to quarantine those individuals in NZ at our expense to lessen the burden.

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 13:40

See, I'm conflicted on this.

My 'Civil Liberties' side (especially with the actions of the police in the last 2 years) - is saying "Nope, Fuck those Jackbooted thugs" - I don't like how the Police have behaved and I have concerns about the Police using another 'situation' to acquire more power for themselves.

That said, there is a real threat here and so people who are acting in a manner that is Malicious should come under scrutiny.

But I still don't like it.

Gearup
30th March 2020, 14:05

My 'Civil Liberties' side (especially with the actions of the police in the last 2 years) - is saying "Nope, Fuck those Jackbooted thugs" - I don't like how the Police have behaved and I have concerns about the Police using another 'situation' to acquire more power for themselves.

That said, there is a real threat here and so people who are acting in a manner that is Malicious should come under scrutiny.

Certainly hear ya regarding the "Jackbooted thugs" scenario etc. Your key words are about the real threat however and like it or not, we're stuck with it for the time being. The future? Who knows? There might not be many people left for the Cops to get more power over the way things are going.

FJRider
30th March 2020, 14:07

So you claim to have principals ... but your principals are put aside due to the simple fact that you know that people near you (doing the same thing) might be putting your life (or a member of your family bubble) at risk of hospitalization ... or death. That is not confliction ... just self centered.

So much for your principals ... :laugh:

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 14:09
So you claim to have principals ... but your principals are put aside due to the simple fact that you know that people near you (doing the same thing) might be putting your life (or a member of your family bubble) at risk of hospitalization ... or death. That is not confliction ... just self centered.

So much for your principals ... :laugh:

Which principal of mine do you think I'm violating?

James Deuce
30th March 2020, 14:11
I'm not violating any principals. Have you seen them? Not really to my taste and I do have to admit to not really getting on with teachers in general.

FJRider
30th March 2020, 14:21

NONE ... I think you are a selfish self-centered opinionated git.

Did you not see the bit where I said you claim to have principals ... ;)

nerrrd
30th March 2020, 14:28
What I would like to see is a report with recommendations from someone like Sir Peter Gluckman. I think he was the Government Science Adviser or something like that. Something along the lines of what he wrote for the Meth contamination issue. A report based on actual statistics and data rather than hysteria and mainstream media drama, and then a plan balancing probable outcomes with probable short & long term consequences.
I have read the Gluckman report a few times and the major research he refers to, mainly the California research on human subjects and the Colorado research using lab rats. Very well written using facts and scientific data.

If you want to know what Gluckman thinks, here you go:

Coronavirus: Sir Peter Gluckman joins calls for extreme shutdown
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/412391/coronavirus-sir-peter-gluckman-joins-calls-for-extreme-shutdown

They're not acting on "hysteria and mainstream media drama", they're acting on the best advice being given to them by the experts in the field. The "sensible decisions" are the ones already being made.

James Deuce
30th March 2020, 14:29

I'm just going to reiterate the bit where I don't think anyone should have principals. They're a strange breed. I mean who would WANT a purely administrative position where you have to deal with a board AND parents? *shudder*

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 14:31

Well, I'd agree with 75% of that statement, Selfish? In some abstract ways maybe, though unless We'd had a financial dealing or we'd interacted in a manner where the exchange of goods and or services was being negotiated, I'm not sure how you can level that one... however

Which of my 'Claimed' Principals do you think I'm violating?

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 14:41
I'm just going to reiterate the bit where I don't think anyone should have principals. They're a strange breed. I mean who would WANT a purely administrative position where you have to deal with a board AND parents? *shudder*

Those that don't want to deal with Children?

FJRider
30th March 2020, 14:57
Which of my 'Claimed' Principals do you think I'm violating?

You don't have principals. You may have opinions based on a principal if it suits you at the time.

Oakie
30th March 2020, 14:57
According to the NZ Herald, 60 backpackers near a Queenstown hostel thought it was ok to have a party last night. .

And 150 people in the street where my daughter lives in Wanganui.

FJRider
30th March 2020, 15:37

The end result of those that dealt with them for most of their career ... :doh:

MaxPenguin
30th March 2020, 17:31
I see them with the biggest entitlement complex are showing themselves up during the lockdown. Cyclists.

Viking01
30th March 2020, 17:42
Perhaps good reason to largely stay at home as requested, and to observe safe distances when out and about:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1184119.shtml

Because (if the above findings are correct) while you might not be showing symptoms, it does not mean that you are not infectious.

FJRider
30th March 2020, 18:13
I see them with the biggest entitlement complex are showing themselves up during the lockdown. Cyclists.

The rules don't apply to them. Never did ... ;)

TheDemonLord
30th March 2020, 20:01
You don't have principals. You may have opinions based on a principal if it suits you at the time.

So that's you declining to actually cite what principals (Claimed or otherwise) you think I'm violating. Figures. If it helps - the problem with that statement is that there is no violation of any principals I hold, which is why you refuse to point them out (Claimed or otherwise). I'm not an Anarchist, despite having some strong libertarian views, which is where that falls flat.

If you want to make baseless accusations, feel free - just don't try to dress them up as anything else eh?

FJRider
30th March 2020, 20:15
So that's you declining to actually cite what principals (Claimed or otherwise) you think I'm violating. Figures. If it helps - the problem with that statement is that there is no violation of any principals I hold, which is why you refuse to point them out (Claimed or otherwise). I'm not an Anarchist, despite having some strong libertarian views, which is where that falls flat.

If you want to make baseless accusations, feel free - just don't try to dress them up as anything else eh?

And you don't win arguments. People just get bored with trying to argue with a fuckwit and get a life.

James Deuce
31st March 2020, 05:32

That's a fair point, except they are still going to bump into the hideous little disease vectors.

jim.cox
31st March 2020, 05:50
People just get bored with trying to argue with a fuckwit and get a life.

'round here at the moment it seems to be fuckwitS (plural)...

TheDemonLord
31st March 2020, 08:04
And you don't win arguments. People just get bored with trying to argue with a fuckwit and get a life.

Uh Huh. And yet, curiously, they reply with some glib justification in an attempt to gain some form of high-ground.

Problem is, you got called to back up what you were saying, and you've realised you have nothing to back it up with.

TheDemonLord
31st March 2020, 08:07
That's a fair point, except they are still going to bump into the hideous little disease vectors.

Funnily? In the current climate, apparently the little ones are quite resistant to COVID-19, which makes an interesting change, had to visit the hospital as one of mine suddenly started wheezing (after having a generic kiddie snot-nose for ages) - and was chatting with the Doctors there about it (whilst also enquiring how they were coping, so far they were in good spirits) - It's an interesting factor on this particular pathogen.

James Deuce
31st March 2020, 09:13
Funnily? In the current climate, apparently the little ones are quite resistant to COVID-19, which makes an interesting change, had to visit the hospital as one of mine suddenly started wheezing (after having a generic kiddie snot-nose for ages) - and was chatting with the Doctors there about it (whilst also enquiring how they were coping, so far they were in good spirits) - It's an interesting factor on this particular pathogen.

They make superb carriers. Coronaviruses are really common and are one of the main causes of the "Common Cold". It's just that this SARS-CoV-2 variant is lethal for oldies and people with pre-existing lung conditions.

mashman
31st March 2020, 09:54

... and that's bad form, unless the fuckwit in question has a point. That's just rude... but hey, horses for courses, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, one womans testicles are another mans joy and so on, we see the world as we are, if the neighbour coughs sniff the air for weed before bludgeoning them to death with a driver because using a long iron brings you within 2 metres.....

pete-blen
1st April 2020, 09:55
In deed. Otherwise all our suffering at home will be for nothing with fresh cases imported.

My guess is 6 or 8 weeks. We'll know in about 7 to 10 days when those already infected, but unaware, have surfaced. After that the infections should decrease more each day to the theoretical zero= we have wiped it out. Then a plane lands! and we press start again.

I think you will see boarders maybe not closed but restricted for 12 months...
and not only NZs...

jim.cox
1st April 2020, 11:39
Bugger,

I've just realised that I rego'd the DR-Z very recently.

Should have saved my $$$ and put it on hold.

Scubbo
1st April 2020, 11:41
wish I was getting a 4+ week paid vacation.... :girlfight:

Swoop
1st April 2020, 12:09

Some of them are still cycling around 50km from their homes. So much for "keeping local" or "stay the fuck at home".
But then, rules have never applied to pschyclists (stop signs, give way, etc).

Gearup
1st April 2020, 12:44
Back to normal within a few weeks to a month?: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12321119

James Deuce
1st April 2020, 13:05
Why are you reading the Herald? What the hell is wrong with you?

Gearup
1st April 2020, 13:23
Why are you reading the Herald? What the hell is wrong with you?

It's one of many I read. What do you read/see to get the news?

James Deuce
1st April 2020, 14:46
It's one of many I read. What do you read/see to get the news?

Nothing. It's all shit designed to make you feel like shit. Some of it is made up shit. If you want to know what will be in the Herald tomorrow, go to r/newzealand today. They copy/paste/hyperbolise a shitload from there.

Gearup
1st April 2020, 15:23
Nothing. It's all shit designed to make you feel like shit. Some of it is made up shit. If you want to know what will be in the Herald tomorrow, go to r/newzealand today. They copy/paste/hyperbolise a shitload from there.

But it doesn't make me feel like shit.

In fact, the article I posted was quite positive about the extra steps needed and then hastened progress we would get to beat the Covid-19 problem.

sidecar bob
1st April 2020, 17:20
If these fuckheads keep doing whatever the fuck they want nobody will be going back to work.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120746934/coronavirus-dr-lance-osullivan-says-lockdown-in-kaitaia-a-joke

MaxPenguin
1st April 2020, 18:06
If these fuckheads keep doing whatever the fuck they want nobody will be going back to work.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120746934/coronavirus-dr-lance-osullivan-says-lockdown-in-kaitaia-a-joke

Ffs, there is a guy in Nelson that is trying to get together a posse of people to drive around town and past the copshop three times every lunchtime to protest his freedom to drive the streets, oh and 5g. A local loony lawyer and hopeful mp sue grey is backing the fuckwits.

TheDemonLord
1st April 2020, 19:39

Interesting, as already we have had various Health Professionals talk about the disproportionate affect Coronavirus will have on Maori and Pacific populations...

sidecar bob
1st April 2020, 19:47
Interesting, as already we have had various Health Professionals talk about the disproportionate affect Coronavirus will have on Maori and Pacific populations...

Hopefully $56 million will help stop them getting sick.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/te-manu-korihi/412327/maori-communities-businesses-get-help-to-respond-to-covid-19

Bonez
1st April 2020, 19:50
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/te-manu-korihi/412327/maori-communities-businesses-get-help-to-respond-to-covid-19Arty farty types got some free dosh as well.

jellywrestler
1st April 2020, 21:45
And 150 people in the street where my daughter lives in Wanganui.

after a party like in wanganui there's usually one dead and one in ICU so does that make it easier or harder to catch at one of these?

Reckless
1st April 2020, 22:07
I did post this elsewhre but should be here
Fucking ridiculous
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12320744&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzh_fb&fbclid=IwAR3QOZUMORXKqzTuJMjTa7wvU5oEQQytPSvdpyAUd a7DOteWsC8TGMCxmu0

And they just got a talking to :Police:

No line in the sand it'sbeen a week now its time for the cops to get hard and make the fuckwits who might be killing our old people Comply.
I just read a doctors report saying we have hit the pause button ATM its not over we need to self isolate test test test to beat this thing.

Secondly this thing is going to last a lot more than a month if this shit keeps on going on.
Its my prediction if they don't start fining people it'll get worse as the days pass and we wont have a lockdown at all.

Katman
2nd April 2020, 08:21
I got pulled over at a police checkpoint yesterday on my way to the supermarket.

I expected to be asked if I had a good reason to be out and about.

Instead I got "Hello sir, we're just doing a spot check on wofs and regos".

Clear to see where their priorities lie.

TheDemonLord
2nd April 2020, 09:25
I got pulled over at a police checkpoint yesterday on my way to the supermarket.

To be fair to the Plod - the Dodgy Cars and Dodgy drivers are probably still a greater threat than Covid-19.

MaxPenguin
2nd April 2020, 09:47
To be fair to the Plod - the Dodgy Cars and Dodgy drivers are probably still a greater threat than Covid-19.

Also the sort of person who drives around in illegal cars is more likely to be flouting the lockdown rules.= Profiling.

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 09:56

You would have told the cop to get fucked, in your usual fashion I guess?

Katman
2nd April 2020, 10:07
You would have told the cop to get fucked, in your usual fashion I guess?

I had a current wof and rego so yeah, pretty much.

nodrog
2nd April 2020, 10:36

There's been one sitting in the same spot on broadlands all week, fuck knows what he is doing, but he doesn't seem to be interested in anybody doing the speed limit.

jasonu
2nd April 2020, 12:17
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/te-manu-korihi/412327/maori-communities-businesses-get-help-to-respond-to-covid-19

So one group of people gets more money because of their race. I think there is a word for that...

JimO
2nd April 2020, 12:25
So one group of people gets more money because of their race. I think there is a word for that... lucky?......

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 15:40
There's been one sitting in the same spot on broadlands all week, fuck knows what he is doing, but he doesn't seem to be interested in anybody doing the speed limit.

But all the regular users of the road will know he's there. and drive accordingly ... <_<

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 15:45
So one group of people gets more money because of their race. I think there is a word for that...

And if you were in that group you'd refuse it ... right ... ??? :confused:

jasonu
2nd April 2020, 16:07

Except I'll never be in a group like that so I'll never know. Middle class white guy with a steady job and a few bucks in the bank is a shitty recipe for handouts.

As usual the ones at the top will benefit and the lowly ones will get fuck all.
More government pandering to the maoris.

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 16:21

Has there been any explanation on what they have spent it on?
Or was it just, "here, take this & sort yourselves out & don't say we didn't do anything for you"

Viking01
2nd April 2020, 16:28

Did you find the word you were looking for ?

Maybe there is a simple answer.

Maybe Maori as a demographic has a relatively poorer health profile across NZ, and that the government judges it to be a worthwhile investment from a health perspective.

https://www.health.govt.nz/publication/wai-2575-maori-health-trends-report

That their most prevalent health conditions might be aggravated by Covid-19, and that making payment to community based health services might help keep such people out of hospitals (where they possibly need longer periods of treatment than other ethnic groups, and such treatment could tie up valuable resources).

Maybe the government wants to improve the track record of the past, regarding meeting Treaty obligations.

https://www.moh.govt.nz/NoteBook/nbbooks.nsf/0/954C92A7EC3D9435CC256C36007D5647/$file/ImprovingMaoriHealthPolicy.pdf

Just a thought.

MaxPenguin
2nd April 2020, 16:41
Did you find the word you were looking for ?

Maybe there is a simple answer.

Maybe Maori as a demographic has a relatively poorer health profile across NZ, and that the government judges it to be a worthwhile investment from a health perspective.

https://www.health.govt.nz/publication/wai-2575-maori-health-trends-report

That their most prevalent health conditions might be aggravated by Covid-19, and that making payment to community based health services might help keep such people out of hospitals (where they possibly need longer periods of treatment than other ethnic groups, and such treatment could tie up valuable resources).

Maybe the government wants to improve the track record of the past, regarding meeting Treaty obligations.

https://www.moh.govt.nz/NoteBook/nbbooks.nsf/0/954C92A7EC3D9435CC256C36007D5647/$file/ImprovingMaoriHealthPolicy.pdf

Just a thought.

Aah, someone with a brain, or at least someone willing to look into it instead of making it a race issue.

Katman
2nd April 2020, 16:41
Just a thought.

Naaahhh, surely it's just cos they're darkies.

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 16:50
Aah, someone with a brain, or at least someone willing to look into it instead of making it a race issue.

But it is a race issue.
Its funding based on perceived race & nothing else, not need or poverty, just the skin color the recipient wished to identify with, regardless of actual skin color.
Burying your head in the sand, or pretending it might be related to something else to fit your agenda doesn't erase the fact that it was given to one race based only on race.
It really is a shocking display of racism & separatism.

MaxPenguin
2nd April 2020, 17:01
But it is a race issue.
Its funding based on perceived race & nothing else, not need or poverty, just the skin color the recipient wished to identify with, regardless of actual skin color.
Burying your head in the sand, or pretending it might be related to something else to fit your agenda doesn't erase the fact that it was given to one race based only on race.
It really is a shocking display of racism & separatism.

I would rather think that they are divvying up the money to where it is most needed irregardless of race. Try opening your eyes and mind.

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 17:11
I would rather think that they are divvying up the money to where it is most needed irregardless of race. Try opening your eyes and mind.

Yeah, you cling on to that dream, I'm sure they are planning on sharing it with Pakeha.
What you "would rather think" will have no bearing on the outcome.

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 17:12
Has there been any explanation on what they have spent it on?
Or was it just, "here, take this & sort yourselves out & don't say we didn't do anything for you"

Has there ever been ???

I did notice post lockdown ... the shots of the larger lines of people queing for assistance outside the welfare offices ... almost obscured by the clouds of blue smoke.

But they needed the money for food.

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 17:14
Yeah, you cling on to that dream, I'm sure they are planning on sharing it with Pakeha.
What you "would rather think" will have no bearing on the outcome.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/the-sunday-session/audio/alex-mason-on-the-governments-response-to-covid-19/

I wonder how much Shotover Jet have asked for ???

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 17:27
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/the-sunday-session/audio/alex-mason-on-the-governments-response-to-covid-19/

I wonder how much Shotover Jet have asked for ???

Plenty of partying going on in Kaitaia at the moment according to the Chimp on one news just now.

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 17:41
... Just a thought.

So ... Maori as whole ... do not ALREADY get fair and equal access to the NZ welfare system ... ???

nodrog
2nd April 2020, 17:49
But all the regular users of the road will know he's there. and drive accordingly ... <_<

My point is - Shouldn't he be asking cunts where we are going instead of revenue gathering?

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 18:00
My point is - Shouldn't he be asking cunts where we are going instead of revenue gathering?

Have you actually SEEN him with a stopped vehicle ... ???

And the possibility of him "Ghosting" (at work [officially] but not actually working) ... and if he doesn't want to catch anything ... definitely the safer option.

nodrog
2nd April 2020, 18:38
Have you actually SEEN him with a stopped vehicle ... ???

And the possibility of him "Ghosting" (at work [officially] but not actually working) ... and if he doesn't want to catch anything ... definitely the safer option.

I haven't seen him do fuck all, not even bat a fuckin eyelid when 3 campervans and myself drove past.

FJRider
2nd April 2020, 19:21
I haven't seen him do fuck all, not even bat a fuckin eyelid when 3 campervans and myself drove past.

Probably due to retire ... or was a bad boy ... and was told to keep a low profile.

In the public eye is still policing ... sort of.

Go past him at speed giving him the finger ... see how he reacts ... :niceone:

sidecar bob
2nd April 2020, 19:36
Probably due to retire ... or was a bad boy ... and was told to keep a low profile.

In the public eye is still policing ... sort of.

Go past him at speed giving him the finger ... see how he reacts ... :niceone:

Post results & video for our appraisal also.

JimO
3rd April 2020, 06:14
even the Health Minister is out and about............https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120780372/health-minister-drives-to-local-park-to-ride-his-mountain-bike-amid-coronavirus-lockdown.............all the surfers getting haselled at St Clair can tell the cops to F off now because its ok for him its ok for them

jasonu
3rd April 2020, 07:21
even the Health Minister is out and about............https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120780372/health-minister-drives-to-local-park-to-ride-his-mountain-bike-amid-coronavirus-lockdown.............all the surfers getting haselled at St Clair can tell the cops to F off now because its ok for him its ok for them

Yeah I saw that. The lazy cunt drove his bike in a van 2.3kms

Berries
3rd April 2020, 12:27
It's a big hill.

I normally have to stop half way for a fag break.

JimO
3rd April 2020, 12:28
It's a big hill.

I normally have to stop half way for a fag break. you arnt allowed to call them fags anymore