PDA

View Full Version : What old things have you put back in service?

Bonez
28th March 2020, 10:42
Fired up the old P4 Dell Optiplex running Debian Linux with an old Sony BRAVIA flat screen telly. Much easier on the eyes posting attachments is far smoother than on Windows 10. Also can make use of the A4 Brother b/w laser printer for which no 64-bit drivers exist for Win10. System doubles as a space heater.:whistle:

Have a matching Dell 19" but that's taking things a bit too far.

Oakie
17th May 2020, 12:36
Wine in a cardboard cask!

jasonu
17th May 2020, 12:37
Waiting for someone to mention their wife...

FJRider
17th May 2020, 17:36
Waiting for someone to mention their wife...

I use somebody else's wife. Lower maintenance costs ... :shifty:

sidecar bob
17th May 2020, 18:16
I use somebody else's wife. Lower maintenance costs ... :shifty:

The problem with that, is that if you're doing it to keep the mileage off your one, it works out more expensive In the long run.

GazzaH
17th May 2020, 18:35
Me.

Getting loads done during lockdown.

Shame it has to end, in a way.

neels
19th May 2020, 19:17
The outside lights that fell off our red zoned house into the boot of the car in around 2011 and have been hanging in the garage ever since.

Lockdown/working at home was great for wandering out to the garage, spend half an hour scraping the paint of the edges where someone was too lazy to take them off when painting, go back and do a bit more work when it gets boring. All washed up, and the poxy spotlights that were falling to bits replaced.

pete376403
19th May 2020, 21:37
Made a polishing buff with a 3/4hp motor salvaged from an IBM copier about thirty years ago. Is that old enough? Been sitting in the shed ever since. B-i-L fabbed a spindle to mount the wheels purchased, along with some polishing compound, from Euromarc (free choc biscuits, too)

Started on the engine covers tonight after getting the lacquer off with paint stripper. They're shiny, captain.

pete376403
19th May 2020, 21:38
Me.

Getting loads done during lockdown.

Shame it has to end, in a way.
longest paid holiday I have ever had.